Author Topic: Jim Jones and "Jonestown"  (Read 7105 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Jim Jones and "Jonestown"
« on: August 05, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
How the fuck can people be so gullible?  A guy claims he is a messenger of god and wants to build a Utopia in Guyana.  Then he fucking goes crazy, kills government officials(who came to check on him) and then somehow gets over 900 people to commit suicide by drinking Cyanide-laced punch.  How can so many people be that fucking stupid?  Is Jim Jones any different than Jesus?  Both made countless people die for "faith".  I am not hating, just a valid question.  How are modern day messiah's different then an ancient Jesus?

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Jim Jones and "Jonestown"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:40 PM »
Kool aid huh, were they all black?  Seriously though, just read about the bug chasin a few threads down, people are fucking stupid. The comet people who committed suicide, heavens gate, idiots. The world outside of getbig is crazy.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »
I'm glad this thread is bodybuilding related.... :)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »
Kool aid huh, were they all black?  Seriously though, just read about the bug chasin a few threads down, people are fucking stupid. The comet people who committed suicide, heavens gate, idiots. The world outside of getbig is crazy.
We have not evolved one bit. Technology? yes.  Getting smarter? no.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
I'm glad this thread is bodybuilding related.... :)
Sure it is.  Black bodybuilders drink punch.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 02:25:22 PM »
Sure it is.  Black bodybuilders drink punch.
Ah, I see... :)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »

One of the best documentaries I've seen on the subject. It gives you a good insight into what the people who were actually there felt. Lots of poor and disenfranchised, like with many other movements you give them even the tiniest thread of hope, and many will follow till the end.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »
Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple.  Today, they own the temples and fleece the flock instead of caring for them.  Jones, like so many before and since was in it for the money, the power and if he followed the formula of the majority of these scum, the women.  Those who claim to seek immortality so often settle for immorality because they are in it for themselves.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 04:53:03 PM »
How the fuck can people be so gullible?  A guy claims he is a messenger of god and wants to build a Utopia in Guyana.  Then he fucking goes crazy, kills government officials(who came to check on him) and then somehow gets over 900 people to commit suicide by drinking Cyanide-laced punch.  How can so many people be that fucking stupid?  Is Jim Jones any different than Jesus?  Both made countless people die for "faith".  I am not hating, just a valid question.  How are modern day messiah's different then an ancient Jesus?

How can people be so gullible? Shit, look at the supplement industry, jersey shore, fashion whores etc. People ARE gullible, a certain percentage want to believe in x y or z

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 04:56:50 PM »
Correction, it was Flavor-Aid laced with cyanide and Valium. Get your shit straight, n i g g a.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 05:28:35 PM »
The dude ain't nothing like Jesus, you should watch the docu, complete wth footage of Jim Jones men shooting at the senator's plane and people.

One of the main things about heads of cults (look of Malachi Z York of the Newabians) is that they seek sexual control. They screw your wife, your daughter, your mother your aunt, gf, etc. They effective neuter the men, so that they have go along with with everything that he said...

And no, irongrip, they weren't all black. He lured blacks in at the time, promising a utopia where racism didn't exist, equality for everyone.

There is footage, where this old black man had an issue with the way things were going, and Jim Jones told him to "shut up and sit down, old man".
Imagine, being a old black man, having to deal with all the atrocities back in the day, traveling to this other country, thinkig you have an opportunity, and then being treated like you were back in the states...

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »

Sad, P.I.P  :'(

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »
Looks like a solid citizen to me.
a

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 05:40:15 PM »
Jesus's teachings and actions were no where remotely close to that of Jim Jones.  Jesus taught nothing but peace and patients with people, selflessness and devotion to helping others.  It is human error in his name that has cast a shadow on his teachings.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »
Cults prey on people that are seeking spiritual answers. They are frequently at a point in their lives where they feel a sense of emptiness- whether it be due to family problems, relationship problems, job problems, substance abuse, etc. This in and of itself is not rare, its just that these people had the misfortune of encountering a sociopath like Jones when they were at that state in their lives. There were many reasons for people to feel dis-spirited in the '70s- people were looking for change and Jones seduced them into thinking he had the answers, when in hindsight it is obvious that he didn't. Jones' favorite book was 1984 and he modeled the Guyana compound on that book- quite frightening actually- total isolation, his voice on the sound system all the time, people turning each other in, people being emotionally and physically abused. People felt like they had nowhere to turn and they had no real outside contact in order to "reality test" as it is sometimes called in cult studies.

It is a real tragedy, especially when you consider the fact that there were over 200 children that were killed in the massacre.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 11:27:07 PM »
The Jonestown Massacre, which had a death toll of 918 people, was the most deadly single non-natural disaster in U.S. history until September 11, 2001. The Jonestown Massacre also remains the only time in history in which a U.S. congressman was killed in the line of duty.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/1970s/p/jonestown.htm
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »
Jones told everyone to hurry. Large kettles filled with grape flavored Flavor-Aid (not Kool-Aid), cyanide, and Valium were placed in the open-sided pavilion.
G

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 04:23:18 AM »
Jones told everyone to hurry. Large kettles filled with grape flavored Flavor-Aid (not Kool-Aid), cyanide, and Valium were placed in the open-sided pavilion.
That is where the line should have been drawn.  I can uderstand being gullible to a certain point, but not even my momma would convince me to poison myself.  I would tell Jones to fuck off at that point.  Its funny that Jones himself didn't drink.  He shot himself.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 05:49:55 AM »
Cults prey on people that are seeking spiritual answers. They are frequently at a point in their lives where they feel a sense of emptiness- whether it be due to family problems, relationship problems, job problems, substance abuse, etc. This in and of itself is not rare, its just that these people had the misfortune of encountering a sociopath like Jones when they were at that state in their lives. There were many reasons for people to feel dis-spirited in the '70s- people were looking for change and Jones seduced them into thinking he had the answers, when in hindsight it is obvious that he didn't. Jones' favorite book was 1984 and he modeled the Guyana compound on that book- quite frightening actually- total isolation, his voice on the sound system all the time, people turning each other in, people being emotionally and physically abused. People felt like they had nowhere to turn and they had no real outside contact in order to "reality test" as it is sometimes called in cult studies.

It is a real tragedy, especially when you consider the fact that there were over 200 children that were killed in the massacre.

Also, they prey on people who are gullible and don't have any convictions of any sort---or are not rational thinkers. And people who easily swayed by those who "have all the answers".

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 06:10:37 AM »
 Hope, Change..... sound familiar?
time under tension

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
That is where the line should have been drawn.  I can uderstand being gullible to a certain point, but not even my momma would convince me to poison myself.  I would tell Jones to fuck off at that point.  Its funny that Jones himself didn't drink.  He shot himself.

Many people did tell him to fuc* off. That's when they were shot. Those who would not voluntarily drink, were also killed. Jonestown SHOULD have been a great lesson for the masses, but the brainwashed never really know they are brainwashed..

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:54 AM »
Maybe he had legit kigs?

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »
A Pied Piper.

But with people.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »
Retarded humans are the norm.

Think about it. Religion (ultimate joke), alcohol, drugs, believing endless lies about having to be a "productive member of society", if she's not 18, you're a pedophile, life is a gift, the government cares about its citizens, etc. All total horseshit.

Work your slave job, buy some useless overpriced house and be in debt for your entire life, drink your ass into the dirt on the weekend ...

Need I say more?