Author Topic: Jake Roberts petitions return to WWE:  (Read 2857 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Jake Roberts petitions return to WWE:
« on: August 05, 2012, 04:13:09 PM »

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Jake Roberts petitions return to WWE:
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 04:47:23 PM »
c'mon, he was looking pretty bad near the end of his career, can't see him making much of an impact now. Maybe as a short term gig...
?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
c'mon, he was looking pretty bad near the end of his career, can't see him making much of an impact now. Maybe as a short term gig...

Physically, I think he's done. I noticed he qualified his return plea with the phrase, "in any capacity." To me, that suggests he's opened to the prospect of a possible backstage role.
I've mentioned before that I believe Roberts would be an invaluable asset working with the younger, clueless talent, and providing creative/directional input in general.

Just for shits & giggles, though...if Jake could pull his shit together and get in shape; imagine the kind of numbers a Jake Roberts/Rock feud would draw!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »

Physically, I think he's done. I noticed he qualified his return plea with the phrase, "in any capacity." To me, that suggests he's opened to the prospect of a possible backstage role.
I've mentioned before that I believe Roberts would be an invaluable asset working with the younger, clueless talent, and providing creative/directional input in general.

Just for shits & giggles, though...if Jake could pull his shit together and get in shape; imagine the kind of numbers a Jake Roberts/Rock feud would draw!

part in bold... Absolutely! But the Rock is just so much younger and more of a dominant force, a match between those 2 would not be very believable. Then again, all depends how well the well the shots and so on...
?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:58:06 AM »
One of the best in-ring and out of ring psychologists ever.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »
Not really interested in seeing Jake wrestle at this point, but he could be one of the greatest managers/spokesmen of all time.  Imagine he and Heyman promoting their wrestlers before a match- pure gold IMO.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »
If done right, it would be gold.  By "done right" I mean in an assisting position.

I would love to see him come back as the "hired manager" of The One Man Band.  Set it up so that Slater wins a $50,000 battle royal on a fluke and uses the money to hire Jake to coach him and give him pointers.   The first thing Jake has to do is build up his self confidence that he does by sneak attacking and DDTing his opponents while Slater is down selling or recovering.  This makes Slater feel like he is putting them away with some kind of lame finishing move.  Which obviously have to be executed while they are laying prone.  Something stupid like the Warrior running body splash.

On the occassion that Slater screws up and loses, Jake teaches him a lesson with a surprise DDT on him to "toughen him up".

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 11:54:46 AM »
You guys seen " Beyond the mat " document?

Jake is pretty fucked up in it and it's close to 15 years old...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »
I worked for two different Indy promotions around 2003. About the only two "celebrity has-been" wrestlers we never brought in were Scott Hall & Jake Roberts.

It just wasn't worth the aggravation.