Author Topic: Michael Johnsons strong anti drugs stance  (Read 21611 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Michael Johnsons strong anti drugs stance
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »
And he wore braces as an adult (HGH)

it fucks with the teeth/jaw that much. is this common?

They have also been speeding up the track to get rid of Ben's time---they have dong this for awhile now.

how do you speed up a track. ...theres been a lot of docs on ben johnson and carl lewis doping. they're all doping.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2012, 02:15:11 PM »

how do you speed up a track. ...theres been a lot of docs on ben johnson and carl lewis doping. they're all doping.

At that time GH was cadavar , a lot better and more effective but also a bunch more serious sides than today's shit.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2012, 02:17:21 PM »
You can certainly run faster on some surfaces than on others (think of running on sand, or in football guys generally run faster on turf than on grass) but I'm not sure how this extends to track construction.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2012, 02:18:37 PM »
You can certainly run faster on some surfaces than on others (think of running on sand, or in football guys generally run faster on turf than on grass) but I'm not sure how this extends to track construction.

It is true, apparently they are doing this with horse racing as well.  More of a shock absorbing bouncier surface that makes running quicker and easier on the joints.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »
If you considered ephedrine to be performance enhancing on the same level as steroids then I suppose this is accurate.

None of those three things are masking agents for steroids.  The third one there is banned because it's a key ingredient for making meth.  If we're going to discount athletic performances while using stimulants then we may as well throw out every record for the last 100 years.

Go and read abut how Ben got caught and others role in it, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out how informed all parties were in regards to drugs.

As said he admitted to taking drugs and his terms of speech were indicative of more than stimulants, which regardless happen to be illegal.
Trans Milkshake.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »
There are plenty that don't use.

You've never heard of them.

perfect

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2012, 03:15:34 PM »

Go and read abut how Ben got caught and others role in it, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out how informed all parties were in regards to drugs.

As said he admitted to taking drugs and his terms of speech were indicative of more than stimulants, which regardless happen to be illegal.

I don't know what your point is but Johnson tested positive for stanozolol after the race and later admitted to using steroids throughout his career.  This is well known, I don't need to go read about it.  Lewis never tested positive for steroids regardless of what you infer from his "terms of speech", and if he did and it was covered up I'm not sure why they would keep that covered and reveal the rest.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2012, 03:22:34 PM »

The material in the track...certain surface materials are better for sprint, while worse for endurance/long distance. To "help" get rid of Ben's time (along with drugs, etc), they have increasing used materials to get quicker times, much to the chagrin of long distance runners (constant pounding of the feet/joints, etc).

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »
I watched Michael johnson's interview on Australian 60 minutes where the moment he was asked about drug use he threw the microphone off his shirt and walked out!  He wasn't accused he was simply asked.  Why would he get so upset if he was clean? Because he wasn't.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »
I watched Michael johnson's interview on Australian 60 minutes where the moment he was asked about drug use he through the microphone off his shirt and walked out!  He wasn't accused he was simply asked.  Why would he get so upset if he was clean? Because he wasn't.

What was the exact question he was asked?
O

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
I don't know what your point is but Johnson tested positive for stanozolol after the race and later admitted to using steroids throughout his career.  This is well known, I don't need to go read about it.  Lewis never tested positive for steroids regardless of what you infer from his "terms of speech", and if he did and it was covered up I'm not sure why they would keep that covered and reveal the rest.

From memory Lewis did come out with a positive test, but it was buried as the USA didn't want the embarrassment.

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »
It was a long time ago but it was words to the effect of "What about the people who say you take drugs?"  He got upset and walked off, he was doing fine up until then.  I guess he didn't want to lie and decided it was easier to walk away but that made him look more guilty than ever.  Marion Jones should have taught him a thing or two about lying.  I guess the hardest thing is lying to yourself and then trying to convince others.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2012, 04:18:54 PM »
It was a long time ago but it was words to the effect of "What about the people who say you take drugs?"  He got upset and walked off, he was doing fine up until then.  I guess he didn't want to lie and decided it was easier to walk away but that made him look more guilty than ever.  Marion Jones should have taught him a thing or two about lying.  I guess the hardest thing is lying to yourself and then trying to convince others.
Marion Jones should have continued to lie---maybe the lies were too much to bear, that and her "husband" hemming her up...

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2012, 04:20:54 PM »

I don't see that that proves in any way he is guilty. It just shows that he found the question insulting. He has stated before that he never took drugs so not wanting to lie is no explanation; dude is a flat out liar if he was using banned substances.

Not saying he wasn't using btw.. I just don't see it as  a guilty man's reaction. Can just as easily make a case for it being the opposite.
O

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
From memory Lewis did come out with a positive test, but it was buried as the USA didn't want the embarrassment.

It was not a positive test for steroids.  It was for two stimulants and something that's banned because it's a key ingredient to making meth and is also found in cold medicine (this is why meth cookers run rackets to buy up all the Sudafed or whatever in the area). 

Like I said already if we're going to discount athletic performances because people used stimulants than just throw out every sports record in recorded history.

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »
Have a look at the video and then decide.  To me, when I was watching it indicated guilt and I had no judegement about him prior to that because he was just another track star on the USA team and I expected them to be the best, but this spoke volumes as it was just a standard question and it it wasn't accusatory in any way as far as I was concerned.  Anyway, his actions and demeanour made up my mind about him from there on and these days I think everyone is on them the sport is so filthy.  I still enjoy watching it though.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
Have a look at the video and then decide.  To me, when I was watching it indicated guilt and I had no judegement about him prior to that because he was just another track star on the USA team and I expected them to be the best, but this spoke volumes as it was just a standard question and it it wasn't accusatory in any way as far as I was concerned.  Anyway, his actions and demeanour made up my mind about him from there on and these days I think everyone is on them the sport is so filthy.  I still enjoy watching it though.
"Truth, Justice, and the American Way", the latter negates the two former.

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2012, 04:46:43 PM »
MJ's 200m before the 96 games

1. 19.85 7-90
2. 19.88 8-90
3. 19.79 6-92
4. 19.79 8-95
5. 19.83 5-96

96 games:

1) 19.32

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2012, 04:54:33 PM »
MJ's 200m before the 96 games

1. 19.85 7-90
2. 19.88 8-90
3. 19.79 6-92
4. 19.79 8-95
5. 19.83 5-96

96 games:

1) 19.32

don't forget he also ran 19.66 to break the world record at the oly trials in june of 96.  Another thing to consider is that he over-ran.  he hurt himself in running 19.32, permanently...hamstring,hip, quad problems from that point on.  I'm not saying he was clean or dirty, but he was a freak of nature, regardless of drug use...just like usain bolt.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »
One thing you got to understand is that people like Michael Johnson,Carl Lewis,Usain Bolt are not normal people : they are FREAK OF NATURE , they are the GENETIC ELITE OF THE WORLD, and human specimens like them are born one every miliion.
But to think that this 3 athletes are clean is FUCKING RETARDED,just like thinking that Jay Cutler is clean too.
The big difference is that without steroid and HGH this 3 athletes (Michael Johnson, Carl Lewis,Usain Bolt) would always be SUPREME ATHLETES when instead Jay Cutler without drugs would be only a FAT WHITE BOY. ;)

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2012, 06:37:08 PM »
It was not a positive test for steroids.  It was for two stimulants and something that's banned because it's a key ingredient to making meth and is also found in cold medicine (this is why meth cookers run rackets to buy up all the Sudafed or whatever in the area). 

Like I said already if we're going to discount athletic performances because people used stimulants than just throw out every sports record in recorded history.

Ronnie Coleman said he was natural too. No-one believes him because everyone believes Steroids = Muscle and he is a freak. But with no Steroids Ronnie would still be the best, steroids/PED's just help make him bigger.

Same with running. Michael Johnson is fast and would probably win with no PED's. It just wouldn't be those times.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »
They are all natural born liars, that know how to get past their transgressions.

Others just get caught reaching too far in the cookie jar -- for far too long.

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »
Not saying either of you are wrong, but don't forget everyone responds differently to drugs some people respond really well and some can take a boatload and get not very far.  Maybe these guys are the good responders and not necessarily the best atheletes.  Flo Jo was the classic example of this, from memeory she was nowhere as a runner certainly not top 5 and then like magic she went to the top almost overnight.  I think it's a little simplistic to say best on the gear also equals best off the gear.  Carl Lewis maybe as stated he was a teenage phenom(so was Lance Armstrong) but was Michael Johnson? (I honestly don't know.)

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »
Not saying either of you are wrong, but don't forget everyone responds differently to drugs some people respond really well and some can take a boatload and get not very far.  Maybe these guys are the good responders and not necessarily the best atheletes.  Flo Jo was the classic example of this, from memeory she was nowhere as a runner certainly not top 5 and then like magic she went to the top almost overnight.  I think it's a little simplistic to say best on the gear also equals best off the gear.  Carl Lewis maybe as stated he was a teenage phenom(so was Lance Armstrong) but was Michael Johnson? (I honestly don't know.)

Yes but Flo Jo was probably natural and not top 5 and the others were juiced and beating her. Her juicing then just let her go past them.

They were all teenage phenoms. They are all the best out there, but when you come to the elite level and the rest are juicing, they will beat you.

From what i have read on Ben Johnson and the speeding up of the tracks, he would be winning today. He said he could run 9.30 if he was running today and i believe he'd beat Bolt.

epic_alien

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2012, 07:05:10 PM »
don't forget he also ran 19.66 to break the world record at the oly trials in june of 96.  Another thing to consider is that he over-ran.  he hurt himself in running 19.32, permanently...hamstring,hip, quad problems from that point on.  I'm not saying he was clean or dirty, but he was a freak of nature, regardless of drug use...just like usain bolt.

is that so? how then does he run 43.18 in the 400 4 years later?