Author Topic: The truth about Apple products  (Read 5712 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
The truth about Apple products
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:56:39 AM »
Apple has found a way to convince it's followers that the Apple 4 is different than the Apple 4s or the Ipad 2 is different than the New Ipad or the Imac is different than the new Imac when infact they are the exact same thing with just some minor upgrades to call it "new".

The fact is when Apple makes a new design, they corner the market by purchasing the entire inventory of the parts they need from the manufacturer.  So they come out with a new 9 inch screen, so they buy ALL 9 inch screens for the next couple years.  This puts all other vendors behind then waiting to create their knock off because there aren't any 9 inch screens available. 

The problem is that Apple is stuck now with millions of the same parts so they are forced to use them all or lose a shitload of money.  They are also forced to stay current and release "new" products or fail to be considered as front runners.  So they pretty much release the same product and call it new with some minor changes.  Sometimes they don't even change the hardware.  They will put in a Processor and limit it's clock speed, then the next release it's the same processor but they maxed out the clock speed and they convince people that it is a faster computer.

So now all you diehards know the truth.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: The truth about Apple products
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:02:41 AM »
Inb4 Bay.  Never had an Apple product in my life.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:09:12 AM »
Apple is such a Bitch! Getting it's knickers in a knot about Samsung and Android - this is what happens when you give a bunch of fags a heap of money, they will spend it on bitching about others who create superior products in courtrooms across the globe  - Apple sucks!
V

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:17:25 AM »
I have an iMac, an iPod, appletv, iPad and an iPhone, but I would not call myself some sort of apple freak. I got the apple tv with my computer, and the phone was an upgrad so I picked it. I just like the technology. If I can type on the Internet whilst taking a dump, I'm good with that. I could care less about the politics of the company, or the nerdy tech aspect of it.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:18:22 AM »
I have an iMac, an iPod, appletv, iPad and an iPhone, but I would not call myself some sort of apple freak. I got the apple tv with my computer, and the phone was an upgrad so I picked it. I just like the technology. If I can type on the Internet whilst taking a dump, I'm good with that. I could care less about the politics of the company, or the nerdy tech aspect of it.
Apple Jacks outed.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:19:43 AM »

Well put. I own several Apple products myself. Going to get my first iphone when the 5 becomes available. I am getting away fromt he Blackberry for work.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 08:21:13 AM »
Inb4 Bay.  Never had an Apple product in my life.

Good, I believe that means you're not gay!  8)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 08:22:01 AM »
Blackberry Bold 9900 all the way you little bitches!!!!!!!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 08:22:49 AM »

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 08:24:48 AM »
Well put. I own several Apple products myself. Going to get my first iphone when the 5 becomes available. I am getting away fromt he Blackberry for work.

your getting away from the Bberry for work?? the i phone is too hard for emails and shit. you wont like it if you need to send lots of messages and type tons. I stick it out with the Bberry just for the keyboard

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 08:28:11 AM »
your getting away from the Bberry for work?? the i phone is too hard for emails and shit. you wont like it if you need to send lots of messages and type tons. I stick it out with the Bberry just for the keyboard

I travel a lot and do a lot of emails in airports on my Blackberry. I have had a the Blackberry Torch touch and liked the touch screen typing. What do you see different with the iphone typying emails. We use Outlook for company email, which should not make a difference on phone type. I appreicate your input.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »
Apple has found a way to convince it's followers that the Apple 4 is different than the Apple 4s or the Ipad 2 is different than the New Ipad or the Imac is different than the new Imac when infact they are the exact same thing with just some minor upgrades to call it "new".

The fact is when Apple makes a new design, they corner the market by purchasing the entire inventory of the parts they need from the manufacturer.  So they come out with a new 9 inch screen, so they buy ALL 9 inch screens for the next couple years.  This puts all other vendors behind then waiting to create their knock off because there aren't any 9 inch screens available. 

The problem is that Apple is stuck now with millions of the same parts so they are forced to use them all or lose a shitload of money.  They are also forced to stay current and release "new" products or fail to be considered as front runners.  So they pretty much release the same product and call it new with some minor changes.  Sometimes they don't even change the hardware.  They will put in a Processor and limit it's clock speed, then the next release it's the same processor but they maxed out the clock speed and they convince people that it is a faster computer.

So now all you diehards know the truth.

Wrong....even if Apple buys out an entire inventory, the Chinese manufacturers can replenish it in no time.
A

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »

likewise. what makes their products so awesome apart from design is the simplistic way they all sync with each other. there's a reason apple trades at 600$+ a share. it's cause their platforms and products are that good. anyone who hates apple has clearly never used their produfts.
b

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 08:43:11 AM »

Wrong....even if Apple buys out an entire inventory, the Chinese manufacturers can replenish it in no time.

THIS...

I actually presented a case on Apple in one of my PhD classes, and its amazing How powerful China is when it comes to providing manpower and meeting demand....

Here is a fun fact for you guys:

8,700 chief engineers would be needed to oversee the 200,000 assembly line workers who worked on manufacturing the iPhone.  
It would take nine months in the US to come up with that quantity of qualified engineers.  

In China it only took 15 days

Oh and... by the way....  DROID FOR THE WIN!   ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 08:45:46 AM »
likewise. what makes their products so awesome apart from design is the simplistic way they all sync with each other. there's a reason apple trades at 600$+ a share. it's cause their platforms and products are that good. anyone who hates apple has clearly never used their produfts.
The reason Apple does so well, is that there is a large group of society that is dazzled by colors and no nothing about technology!  Apple captured the market of technological inept morons by using gimmicks and marketing aimed at the technologically ignorant masses.  Apple products are far inferior to other products on the market and yet cost way more.  For those who know about technology, they laugh at how gullible Apple customers are, spending way more on an inferior products that others produce for half the cost!  Apple = Yuppie technology for those who don't know any better!
V

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 08:54:43 AM »
Lol, I have had the same mp3 player (Samsung) for around 10 years now.  It holds plenty of songs, and is all I need to work out.  Apple is the Nike of the digital world.

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 09:19:06 AM »
I travel a lot and do a lot of emails in airports on my Blackberry. I have had a the Blackberry Torch touch and liked the touch screen typing. What do you see different with the iphone typying emails. We use Outlook for company email, which should not make a difference on phone type. I appreicate your input.

Im in my truck and on job sites all day long so i answer all emails from my Bberry. The speed i can get an email away with my bberry, compared to  the constant mistakes made typing with the touch screen on my old i phone made me go back. i gave the iphone to my grilfriend she likes it for the apps and shit for our kids but for business they are a bit tough i found. Plus i can TEXT and drive way better with Bbery. ;D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 09:30:53 AM »
Im in my truck and on job sites all day long so i answer all emails from my Bberry. The speed i can get an email away with my bberry, compared to  the constant mistakes made typing with the touch screen on my old i phone made me go back. i gave the iphone to my grilfriend she likes it for the apps and shit for our kids but for business they are a bit tough i found. Plus i can TEXT and drive way better with Bbery. ;D

I used to feel the same way...  Was crazy about blackberry and their E-mail services..  Proudly gone through 3 different blackberry devices.. 

But I have soon come to realize that other devices (like Apple and Android) now offer just as good of service and much much more!

Either way, Blackberry is on the verge of going bankrupt unless something drastic happens like them getting bought out or working out some sort of licensing deal with other companies!

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 09:33:29 AM »
I used to feel the same way...  Was crazy about blackberry and their E-mail services..  Proudly gone through 3 different blackberry devices.. 

But I have soon come to realize that other devices (like Apple and Android) now offer just as good of service and much much more!

Either way, Blackberry is on the verge of going bankrupt unless something drastic happens like them getting bought out or working out some sort of licensing deal with other companies!

so you got used to the touch screen then?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »

I am in the construction industry as well, curious as to what you do?  Sales or contractor?

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
I am in the construction industry as well, curious as to what you do?  Sales or contractor?

We are considered a service industry. I manage a Concrete Pumping company, we do heavy industrial, civil, and commercial projects, supplemented with residential work. 3yrs ago i started a flatwork company as well that focuses on residential work, driveways, basement floors and garage pads. i dont do much with the flatwork thing, just invested in it my good friend runs the day to day stuff. My bread and butter is the pumps.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 09:57:29 AM »

No no no, they sign exclusive rights to these parts. It takes the chinese knock off manufacturers a year of so to create the machinery to create these parts. That's why Apple had the edge for the last few years.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 09:59:18 AM »
I like my Ipod Nano for the gym and wouldn't be without it - it's small, light, slim, and convenient (plus our gym plays shit music) but I would never in a million years have an IPhone or Ipad. I don't know why everyone raves about Apple when Samsung do better phones, Android is a better operating system, and these pad things are just a passing fad.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 10:01:54 AM »
THIS...

I actually presented a case on Apple in one of my PhD classes, and its amazing How powerful China is when it comes to providing manpower and meeting demand....

Here is a fun fact for you guys:

8,700 chief engineers would be needed to oversee the 200,000 assembly line workers who worked on manufacturing the iPhone.  
It would take nine months in the US to come up with that quantity of qualified engineers.  

In China it only took 15 days

Oh and... by the way....  DROID FOR THE WIN!   ;D

What you fail to understand is that China doesn't innovate, they only replicate.  When it comes to new designs and specs, Apple will work with the chinese factory to create what they need.  They then build the machines to create the parts and they get first jump on it for the next few months to a year.  Any other designer like Sony, Samsung, Nokia etc... that wants to build something similar got stuck waiting for new inventory that Apple didn't buy or working with other factories in China and teaching them how to make the knock off.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
We are considered a service industry. I manage a Concrete Pumping company, we do heavy industrial, civil, and commercial projects, supplemented with residential work. 3yrs ago i started a flatwork company as well that focuses on residential work, driveways, basement floors and garage pads. i dont do much with the flatwork thing, just invested in it my good friend runs the day to day stuff. My bread and butter is the pumps.

Gotcha. A buddy of mine has a schwing(sp?) 30 meter that he rents out sometimes, but a lot of commercial guys think it's too small and just rent them from real companies. He's got a Somero laser screed as well, but they mostly sit in his yard now.