Author Topic: Man dies after playing Diablo 3 for 40 hours  (Read 9557 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Man dies after playing Diablo 3 for 40 hours
« on: August 06, 2012, 09:58:01 AM »
Hardcore, the private room thing sounds a little weird

"A man known only as Chuang has reportedly died after playing Diablo III for 40 hours without taking a single break. According to reports, he booked himself into a private room in an internet cafe at lunchtime on Friday and settled himself in for nearly two days of non-stop gaming with no food or sleep.

Chuang was left alone in that time, with an employee of the cafe only coming in on the Sunday morning to check on him, where she found him resting on the table. Chuang then woke up, took a few steps and collapsed. He was taken to hospital, but died shortly after his arrival.

Blizzard released a statement following Chuang's death:

"We're saddened to hear this news, and our thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time. We don't feel it would be appropriate for us to comment further without knowing all of the circumstances involved.

"While we recognise that it's ultimately up to each individual or their parent or guardian to determine playing habits, we feel that moderation is clearly important, and that a person's day-to-day life should take precedence over any form of entertainment."

The cause of death has yet to be determined, but authorities suspect that, after spending such a long time seated, Chuang suffered cardiovascular problems or a fatal blood clot.

Earlier this year, another Taiwanese person was found dead in an internet cafe after reportedly playing League of Legends for 23 hours straight."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/358603/man-dies-after-playing-diablo-iii-for-40-hours/

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Man dies after playing Diablo 3 for 40 hours
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »
Mega lol.
Dude was committed, thats for sure.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:03:59 AM »
I wonder who the first Getbigger will be to die from meltdown or heart attack from a WYHI thread?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 10:06:01 AM »
Diablo 3 sucks dick. Diablo 2 = much better. I can easily hit twenty hours straight on it and then I'll find myself having no life at all trying to get my amazon to level 99.
Diablo 2 was awesome. I waited 3 weeks after Diablo 3 came out (after the initial hoopla died down), and then asked my friend if it was worth it. The answer was no (The whole 1st week it was out he was telling me how awesome it was and how I needed to get it). Lol.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
Diablo 2 was awesome. I waited 3 weeks after Diablo 3 came out (after the initial hoopla died down), and then asked my friend if it was worth it. The answer was no (The whole 1st week it was out he was telling me how awesome it was and how I needed to get it). Lol.

Yeah, it's bad, there are a couple of gameplay aspects that don't make it worth getting obsessed with (like D2). Most of the bad rap had to do with forcing people to be online all the time even for single player, so on the opening day when everyone logged in to play the servers crashed- ROFLCOPTER keeps on LOLING.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »
El Diablo Blanco...,care to speak on this? Or are you on the lam as we speak?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 10:20:39 AM »
Yeah, it's bad, there are a couple of gameplay aspects that don't make it worth getting obsessed with (like D2). Most of the bad rap had to do with forcing people to be online all the time even for single player, so on the opening day when everyone logged in to play the servers crashed- ROFLCOPTER keeps on LOLING.
I also heard that they devalued the shit out of the gold currency, forcing many people to start paying for items with real cash, of which Blizzard takes a dollar from all purchases. Lol.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 10:21:20 AM »
Diablo 3 sucks dick. Diablo 2 = much better. I can easily hit twenty hours straight on it and then I'll find myself having no life at all trying to get my amazon to level 99.

This guy died playing the game.  Your lack of commitment to gaming offends and disgusts me.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
Yeah, it's the worst thing they could have done. Diablo is basically a game you'll play forever so you can find elite gear. In D3, they basically eliminated your chances of finding any, so you could buy it at their auction house. This model is called "pay-to-win" and was apparently imposed to Blizzard from above.

They can suck my dick.

Having played neither 2 or 3, should I just play 2 or play something like Titan Quest instead?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
Yeah, it's the worst thing they could have done. Diablo is basically a game you'll play forever so you can find elite gear. In D3, they basically eliminated your chances of finding any, so you could buy it at their auction house. This model is called "pay-to-win" and was apparently imposed to Blizzard from above.

They can suck my dick.
Had to find a way to replace all the revenue lost when the WoW nerds cancelled their subscriptions and moved to D3.  >:(

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 10:38:55 AM »
Far better games out there to die for.  Like Resident Evil 6 in Oct.  :-*

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »

I liked 5, couldnt hold a candle to 2 and 4 though

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »

Or Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 in November!!!   ;D

Already, pre-ordered both!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 10:42:26 AM »
I liked 5, couldnt hold a candle to 2 and 4 though
Agree all the way.  True RE fan.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »
Having played neither 2 or 3, should I just play 2 or play something like Titan Quest instead?

It depends, do you have an addictive personality? If you do, Titan Quest. If not, give D2 a shot.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 10:43:50 AM »
Or Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 in November!!!   ;D

Already, pre-ordered both!
*facepalm*
Really BA? REALLY!? BO 2?
Epic fail!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 10:44:55 AM »
*facepalm*
Really BA? REALLY!? BO 2?
Epic fail!

Whatever hater - I fucking loved the story in BLack Ops - and have been dying for a futuristic Call of Duty

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 11:06:43 AM »
Whatever hater - I fucking loved the story in BLack Ops - and have been dying for a futuristic Call of Duty
Black Ops story was acceptabel. Black Ops 2 looks like uber-fail everywhere. MW3 was all kinds of terrible.
Bf3 is where its at, and MoH Warfighter is going to rock.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 11:16:47 AM »
Big Ach sounds like a console guy,  needs to fuck off immediately.

You need to fuck off immediately and suck my cock and my Core i7 PC with NVIDA graphics mother fucker!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »
You need to fuck off immediately and suck my cock and my Core i7 PC with NVIDA graphics mother fucker!

I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of my gtx 670 while playing BF3. A LOT of enjoyment. It's almost sexual.
from incomplete data

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »
I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of my gtx 670 while playing BF3. A LOT of enjoyment. It's almost sexual.
I run a 570 w/2gb ram and it runs flawlessly. Think the 670 may be a bit overkill, lol.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 11:30:51 AM »
FPS of peace

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 11:33:09 AM »
I run a 570 w/2gb ram and it runs flawlessly. Think the 670 may be a bit overkill, lol.

Well you know, I just recently bought a new system/tower and I thought I might as well be ready for the next generation of graphics so I went all out.

I'm averaging 85-110fps on all Ultra settings(depending on the amount of players), 1080p res, 2x AA on a 120Hz screen. It's fucking great haha. The 120 Hz REALLY does make a huge difference.
from incomplete data

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 11:34:50 AM »
haha shut up derp your computer sucks. go play your ps3

I play both on PC and Xbox...

Xbox more so for co-op games with my friends!

Anyways, I'm shocked you were able to decipher just by those two vague specs that my PC sucks....  you must be playing on an awesome supercomputer!  We should all be as awesome as you!

:-)