Author Topic: Mitt Romney’s High School Freshman Report Card Released  (Read 4120 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Mitt Romney’s High School Freshman Report Card Released
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »
If thats the case then what does it matter?

he tried to keep as much of his hard earned money in his own pocke, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT???

when the IRS said he owed more then he paid, HE PAID IT...

when did it become a bad thing to try and keep as much of your hard earned money as possible?

if he was found to be cheating some people might see that as a negative thing

I'm sure you can see how some people might think that even if you don't agree with it

for you it seems it's not necessarily a bad thing and maybe even something to be proud about

I don't know all of your posts on this subject but I assume from your answer that you don't really see any downside for Romney in releasing his returns

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 08:35:08 PM »

if he was found to be cheating some people might see that as a negative thing

I'm sure you can see how some people might think that even if you don't agree with it

for you it seems it's not necessarily a bad thing and maybe even something to be proud about

I don't know all of your posts on this subject but I assume from your answer that you don't really see any downside for Romney in releasing his returns
tons of ppl get audited every year and told they owe more then they paid.

you call that "cheating"?

Im sure ppl like you would spin it as a negative but again I ask when did it become bad to try and keep as much of your hard earned money?

I dont really care one way or the other to be honest but I think if youre going to be critical of romney for this you need to also be critical of obama for his lack of transparency.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »
tons of ppl get audited every year and told they owe more then they paid.

you call that "cheating"?

Im sure ppl like you would spin it as a negative but again I ask when did it become bad to try and keep as much of your hard earned money?

I dont really care one way or the other to be honest but I think if youre going to be critical of romney for this you need to also be critical of obama for his lack of transparency.

totally depends on the situation

some people fuck up or get bad advice with no intent to cheat

some people know full well they are trying to cheat

Romney is in the stratoshpere of people who design schemes to avoid taxes (this is just part of his history so no need to really debate it)

I speculate he got caught in one/many of these schemes and ( it's possibly we're talking about tens of millions of dollars in taxes) and if that is the case then, in my opinion, it could be perceived by many people even in his own party as a bad thing.   When you're mostly honest you tend to get pissed off if you find out someone has been cheating and if it's on huge scale you might get even more pissed

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »
geithner? 

Romney is in the stratoshpere of people who design schemes to avoid taxes (this is just part of his history so no need to really debate it)

I speculate he got caught in one/many of these schemes and ( it's possibly we're talking about tens of millions of dollars in taxes) and if that is the case then, in my opinion, it could be perceived by many people even in his own party as a bad thing.   When you're mostly honest you tend to get pissed off if you find out someone has been cheating and if it's on huge scale you might get even more pissed

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »
geithner? 

I've answered that at least 3 times in the last two days (at least once from you)

I did at the time - you can go find the posts if you'd like

I said it was complete bullshit that he did not know he needed to pay his share of the self employment tax

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 08:51:11 PM »

I speculate he got caught in one/many of these schemes and ( it's possibly we're talking about tens of millions of dollars in taxes) and if that is the case then, in my opinion, it could be perceived by many people even in his own party as a bad thing.   When you're mostly honest you tend to get pissed off if you find out someone has been cheating and if it's on huge scale you might get even more pissed
again you call it schemes and cheating but basically what your saying is he tried to keep more of his hard earned money through hiring ppl and devising a way to keep as much of HIS money as possible.

and thats a bad thing???

again when did it become bad to try and keep as much of your hard earned money from taxes?

Seriously, if he didnt do anything illegal then who cares?

if he did, we would know about it....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »
again you call it schemes and cheating but basically what your saying is he tried to keep more of his hard earned money through hiring ppl and devising a way to keep as much of HIS money as possible.

and thats a bad thing???

again when did it become bad to try and keep as much of your hard earned money from taxes?

Seriously, if he didnt do anything illegal then who cares?

if he did, we would know about it....

yes

intentionally trying to cheat is a bad thing

intentionally trying to cheat and getting caught is political poison

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 09:23:24 PM »
yes

intentionally trying to cheat is a bad thing

intentionally trying to cheat and getting caught is political poison
so trying to keep as much of your hard earned money in your own pocket is now cheating?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »
so trying to keep as much of your hard earned money in your own pocket is now cheating?

yes

if you intentionally try to cheat

haven't I said that already?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »
The same could be said of any stance obama has taken as well, why do you seem only upset about romney?

I say we focus on the issues instead of getting side tracked like obama would like us to.

If he had done something wrong I think the chance of the IRS finding it would be pretty great as the only thing he would give us would be the same thing he gave them...

what obama is hiding in regards to fast and furious is much more concerning to me then romneys tax returns...
so you want me to say Obama should release shit like his actual birth cert and college records and all that.  Ok by me.  I've probably agreed with that in the past.  I know I have on the birth cert and I did join 3333 in outrage over fast and furious. but this is this issue and not those issues.  If you're asking why I don't say as much about Obama here, 3333 has that covered just fine.  If I'm lucky I can sometimes beat 3333 to posting new shit that pisses me off about Obama but I usually see he's already posted a dozen things about it lol...

Kinda strange for you to have total faith in a government agency but yea ok, whatever.

I think if the republicans were fine demanding tax returns because as they said, the people want to know, then I really don't think you have a legit bitch about people wanting to see mitt's.  If you do, take it up with the RNC.  I'd like to hear why they thought it was important for a dem but it doesn't matter for Mitt lol...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
so you want me to say Obama should release shit like his actual birth cert and college records and all that.  Ok by me.  I've probably agreed with that in the past.  I know I have on the birth cert and I did join 3333 in outrage over fast and furious. but this is this issue and not those issues.  If you're asking why I don't say as much about Obama here, 3333 has that covered just fine.  If I'm lucky I can sometimes beat 3333 to posting new shit that pisses me off about Obama but I usually see he's already posted a dozen things about it lol...

Kinda strange for you to have total faith in a government agency but yea ok, whatever.

I think if the republicans were fine demanding tax returns because as they said, the people want to know, then I really don't think you have a legit bitch about people wanting to see mitt's.  If you do, take it up with the RNC.  I'd like to hear why they thought it was important for a dem but it doesn't matter for Mitt lol...
First this is certainly not an issue, this is noise that youre buying into.

Second there are plenty of romney tax return threads so that argument doesnt really hold water.

Third I agree with you its hypocritical, it also serves to highlight the hypocrisey of the left as well.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »
5 teachers, different ways to say "Willie is an underachiever".

http://www.mediaite.com/online/mitt-romneys-high-school-freshman-report-card-released/

Hahaha, his FRESHMAN high school report card. Hahaha, oh boy the left are desperate. Lol

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »
yea, the way he danced around it in the debates made me think he's hiding something bad.  So yea, I wanna see wtf.  Republicans have hounded others about it saying the American people want to know, so let's have it.

Listen to this shit, it's like listening to a boy try to explain why all the cookies are gone in the cookie jar lol

In every single election that Mitt has run in, his money, his taxes and his business decisions/employment has all come up before against him.  He is trying to jump on the big stage now and what most people - including the GOP as well - find stunningly laughable is that even now, he can't answer/defend/deflect/justify any of the issues in a convincing way.   He is like the little boy who thinks that if he doesn't say anything or acts like he didn't hear the question it will go away.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 08:24:30 AM »
thats because he's so use to buying everything he wants,not this time mitt

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 08:32:51 AM »
He's got no flavor.  He is like tofu, no flavor of his own, just taking on the flavor of whatever he happens to be around.  That is why his campaign points and talks are all over the place.  He just throws words at demographic crowds on tour.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 08:35:30 AM »
He's got no flavor.  He is like tofu, no flavor of his own, just taking on the flavor of whatever he happens to be around.  That is why his campaign points and talks are all over the place.  He just throws words at demographic crowds on tour.

Like you obama cultists and messianic disciples of Thulsa Doom Obama would have said any different regardless of who the nominee was?   ::)  ::)  ::)

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »
Quote from: LurkerNoMore link=topic=435514.date=1344611950

In every single election that Mitt has run in, his money, his taxes and his business decisions/employment has all come up before against him.  He is trying to jump on the big stage now and what most people - including the GOP as well - find stunningly laughable is that even now, he can't answer/defend/deflect/justify any of the issues in a convincing way.   He is like the little boy who thinks that if he doesn't say anything or acts like he didn't hear the question it will go away.

"Her hands aren't clean. She can't claim to be disclosing anything until she discloses the returns of her husband, the Enron lobbyist. Under Shannon O'Brien, the state Pension Board lost millions by buying Enron stock when it was collapsing -- what is she hiding?" - Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney spokesman in his 2002 race against O'Brien.

This is an old story by now but it hasn't lost its relevance given Romney's continued stonewalling. O'Brien had already released thirteen years of her own tax returns, and Romney still didn't think it was enough. Why is it so difficult for him to grasp that he should abide by the rules that he has personally imposed on everyone else?
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/08/quote-fo.html

c

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
Like you obama cultists and messianic disciples of Thulsa Doom Obama would have said any different regardless of who the nominee was?   ::)  ::)  ::)

No.  If it had been Bachmonster we would be saying she was bat shit crazy.  If it was Perry we would be saying he was challenging Coach Joe for the stupidest person on the planet award, if it had been Cain we would be laughing about what a terrible liar he was...

So in short, we would be saying something different.

If you don't like it, then you should have run a better candidate.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »
"Her hands aren't clean. She can't claim to be disclosing anything until she discloses the returns of her husband, the Enron lobbyist. Under Shannon O'Brien, the state Pension Board lost millions by buying Enron stock when it was collapsing -- what is she hiding?" - Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney spokesman in his 2002 race against O'Brien.

This is an old story by now but it hasn't lost its relevance given Romney's continued stonewalling. O'Brien had already released thirteen years of her own tax returns, and Romney still didn't think it was enough. Why is it so difficult for him to grasp that he should abide by the rules that he has personally imposed on everyone else?
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/08/quote-fo.html

Republicans are known for their acute displays of hypocrisy.  It comes with the territory.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »
Republicans are known for their acute displays of hypocrisy.  It comes with the territory.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 10:13:48 AM »
5 teachers, different ways to say "Willie is an underachiever".

http://www.mediaite.com/online/mitt-romneys-high-school-freshman-report-card-released/

well shit.. they got that one wrong...