Author Topic: Its Pimping time - should I get a 2007 s class mercedes  (Read 8031 times)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
Re: Its Pimping time - should I get a 2007 s class mercedes
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 11:35:12 AM »
who cares about ex girlfriends with a car like this i will get lots of bitches.

Nice appreciating investment! ;D
Excellent investment my friend.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Its Pimping time
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 11:35:49 AM »
This is what you need, It's got more wow factor than any Mercedes, and it is very easy to maintain if you have the slightest of mechanical talent. and it cost close to what you pay for a benz.  Chicks would rather be seen in that than a benz.
I agree that that's a beautiful car but chicks don't want to be seen in that, in fact chicks will just think that's an old cheap POS, they don't know about cars bro, they will choose the Benz over this any day.
'

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 11:43:03 AM »
If you can't afford to maintain it new, you definitely can't afford to maintain it used.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 01:10:27 PM »
I agree that that's a beautiful car but chicks don't want to be seen in that, in fact chicks will just think that's an old cheap POS, they don't know about cars bro, they will choose the Benz over this any day.
'

I don't know about girls, but you've summed up my reaction to that car perfectly :D

If I were going to get a luxury car, I think I would want a jaguar... never seen one I didn't like.

the trainer

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »
Nice appreciating investment! ;D
Excellent investment my friend.

I could have brought this car years ago if i wanted but i saved and invested my money instead now things are going well and i decided to treat myself.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »
It's all about condition, bot about when it was manufactured... ANyway..after driving a luxury car you won't ever want to look back at an "economic class", trust me.. it's a night and day difference. S class is especially comfortable driving experience...

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 01:56:49 PM »
get a c5 vette, theyre reliable and affordable in servicing and mpg is much better, and they even look better imo.

ppl wont believe this, but the top german makes are overpriced pieces of shit and they absolutely do have their issues.

dont be a sucker and dont learn it the hard way.

i know, us cars are bit laughed at from mags when compared to japanese and german cars, but dont worry, they leave out too many real life factors.

these import cars are only good if you can afford them with ease.otherwise, dont do it.

on the used ones, the lack of warranty and servicing and maintanence costs are the killer.

a servicing at merc dealership with new brake disks and minor underbody work for a your model,but e55 has cost me 3k usd,yeah thats right 3000.

these cars are a classic case of "white elephant".

ugh, all the vette love here. Don't get me wrong, they're nice on the exterior, and I've owned the C6, but try driving them as daily drivers. Your back will never forgive you. My friend just bought a 2007 s550 (or 500, can't remember which one) for mid-30s, and it is seriously the most comfortable car I've ever driven in. Can't speak to the reliability, but that's one car you don't mind sitting in traffic in. And I think from a girl's perspective, benz will beat vette any day of the week. Unless you're real young, most people see vettes as middle-aged, bald, pony-tailed white dude cars.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »
Agreed.

i think i'm one of the few that never bought into the whole "muscle car" craze. giant engines stuffed in cheap buckets of shit that can't steer or stop.  Maybe not a 'vette per se, but the entire genre in general

All the muscle cars of the era where the best that  the technology could give at that moment in time.  Don't forget that Chevy Dodge and Ford were all heavily invested in racing during that period and the advances that they produced on the track trickled down to the everyday drivers, eventually.  To say that they couldn't steer or stop is an uninformed statement.  The very first c2 zo6 vette was able to top out and maintain 150mph on a test track.  Not too shabby for 1963 and bias ply tires.  Laugh at all you guys that trash American cars but at that time America was way ahead of anything the Europeans put out.  Unless your are going to compare them to Ferrari...By the way I wish I was smarter in my younger days, I would have scooped up a few Hemi Cudas or Boss Mustangs, maybe an L88 Vette and retired early.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 05:10:33 PM »

follow the arrows

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 06:25:23 PM »
I have only driven cheap used cars but it was good because it help me to save a lot of money, now i am thinking of treating myself to a luxury car, there is a 2007 s class mercedes that i can get from a dealer for $30,000, now what i am worried about is how expensive is it to maintain a car like this i dont want to be throwing away too much money on maintaining the car so for you getbiggers who owns a luxury car how much do you spend on it yearly.

Call me a nerd or whatever, but I still love 1990's MB.  Always will drive these cars, I don't care how much money I have.  They require absolutely no maintenance.  Keep the oil changed, that's all.  Very easy to work on, extremely reliable, well made. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 06:33:15 PM »

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 08:09:44 PM »
get yourself a nice glock 45 to go with such an attractive vehicle.  haters might try to take it.

Rob, THE BEEF has always wondered what you drive.

THE BEEF

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 08:44:55 PM »
This is what you need, It's got more wow factor than any Mercedes, and it is very easy to maintain if you have the slightest of mechanical talent. and it cost close to what you pay for a benz.  Chicks would rather be seen in that than a benz.

Maybe in hick town south but not in California or any place that matters

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49:21 PM »
Rob, THE BEEF has always wondered what you drive.

THE BEEF
71 schwinn stringray

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »

Have you ever owned one of these or any of the ones you posted?? Reliable?? Haha some of the worse!! You have to go older before they are reliable electrical and other nonsense nightmare

The current ones now are pretty reliable IMO much better than a lot of the past especially the mid late 90s when they merged with Chrysler.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2012, 09:02:43 PM »
All the muscle cars of the era where the best that  the technology could give at that moment in time.  Don't forget that Chevy Dodge and Ford were all heavily invested in racing during that period and the advances that they produced on the track trickled down to the everyday drivers, eventually.  To say that they couldn't steer or stop is an uninformed statement.  The very first c2 zo6 vette was able to top out and maintain 150mph on a test track.  Not too shabby for 1963 and bias ply tires.  Laugh at all you guys that trash American cars but at that time America was way ahead of anything the Europeans put out.  Unless your are going to compare them to Ferrari...By the way I wish I was smarter in my younger days, I would have scooped up a few Hemi Cudas or Boss Mustangs, maybe an L88 Vette and retired early.
Jags and I believe Astons, Alfas, Maseratis, Fiats, BMWs as well had IRS...
with American cars, engine tech was ahead of tire and suspension tech. It seems that the boss directed the engineers to focus on engine tech---and a certain engine tech.

the reason why the Hemis, Bosses, etc are going for so much is that the baby-boomers are nostaglia-dring the prices up. Yes, many are rare. The baby-boomer era is also the one responsible for the Vette having a not so great interior for the price (current vettes) and the stereotype that Carl for Aqua Teen Hungerforce drives one. this "bang for the buck" thing needs to end. Because I firmly believe that Americans can play, just loosen the reins on the engineers, and put more restaint on the finance guys.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »
You obviously have no clue about this vehicle & didn't do your homework.

1st generation s550 are junk. Also at $30k you're buying one with around 100,000 miles. If you don't know what that means then you're in for some fun.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 10:34:07 PM »
I assume you're a 45 year old account executive with kids? I'd have gone for an M3 personally

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
I'm a MB guy. ... E39 M5?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2012, 10:43:59 PM »
Its not that i cannot afford it, i am just conservative with my money.

You said one time you have like 15 clients at $70 per = you can't afford it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 01:53:47 AM »
Have you ever owned one of these or any of the ones you posted?? Reliable?? Haha some of the worse!! You have to go older before they are reliable electrical and other nonsense nightmare

The current ones now are pretty reliable IMO much better than a lot of the past especially the mid late 90s when they merged with Chrysler.

In 8 years I've replaced a starter (bad bendix), shifter bushings (routine), tie rod bushings on the C280 (routine).  Fuel gauge repair (potentiometer), fuel pump on the E class.  Did most of the work myself, very easy to work on MB.  Parts are always available, and decent priced at NAPA.  

Keep in mind these repairs are spread out on two separate old MB's.  1998 C280 currently has 260k miles.  You would never know by looking at it or driving it. 

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 02:00:46 AM »
My old one

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 02:05:50 AM »
My old one

How's it running?  How many kilometers on it?    8)

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 02:09:38 AM »
In 8 years I've replaced a starter (bad bendix), shifter bushings (routine), tie rod bushings on the C280 (routine).  Fuel gauge repair (potentiometer), fuel pump on the E class.  Did most of the work myself, very easy to work on MB.  Parts are always available, and decent priced at NAPA.  

Keep in mind these repairs are spread out on two separate old MB's.  1998 C280 currently has 260k miles.  You would never know by looking at it or driving it. 

Haha then you're one of the lucky ones and it's the exception not the rule. Go look it up info is all there. My family owned a 94 500E, 97 SL500, 98 c43 amg, and 99S500, out of all those the only reliable one is the 94 500E the rest had countless small to big problems and this is the norm. Aside from those my dad has owned tons of Mercedes. I know friends that have very simliar experiences nothing new, good Mercedes are the diesels ones and most likely up to early 90's

My opinion on Mercedes aside from the amg is that they are overrated cars, S class is cool though but BMW shits on all of them IMO.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 02:12:13 AM »
Also any car can be reliable (depends on how you define that to some) if you're willing to dump money into them. Even old American cars nothing beats japanese car reliability period, American cars are coming close though