Author Topic: These people vote. Scary.  (Read 3534 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
These people vote. Scary.
« on: August 09, 2012, 12:47:24 PM »

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: These people vote. Scary.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

the people talking to this guy should have explained to him that the government is not paying for contraception

they are requiring health insurance plans to offer contraception, just like the requirement that already exists in many states

apparently the person asking, the people answering the question and the moron who started this thread have all failed to understand

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 03:29:39 PM »
Well since the mandate has been officially classified as a tax, then yes indeed the "government" (tax payer) would be footing the bill for contraception. The point he is making is these fuckheads want the government to stay out of the their business, of course until they want something.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
Well since the mandate has been officially classified as a tax, then yes indeed the "government" (tax payer) would be footing the bill for contraception. The point he is making is these fuckheads want the government to stay out of the their business, of course until they want something.

how is that since anyway who pays the tax is by definition not receiving insurance

btw - if Repubs really had a problem with this then why did we hear nothing about it when states were passing the same requirement, often with Repubs sponsoring the legilsation and Repub governors signing it into law

Why not out peep out of them at that time ?

Shit, even Mike Huckabee signed this into law when he was governor

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »
how is that since anyway who pays the tax is by definition not receiving insurance

btw - if Repubs really had a problem with this then why did we hear nothing about it when states were passing the same requirement, often with Repubs sponsoring the legilsation and Repub governors signing it into law

Other policy holders are subsidizing it.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 03:36:31 PM »

Do you not understand the difference between state and federal government? Has not one fucking thing to do with D vs R, no matter how much you want it to. The only way Obamacare doesn't get shit canned by the SC is for them to classify the mandate it as a tax, now what kind of tax is it? The constitution is pretty specific about what kind of taxes can be levied, and inaction sure in the fuck isn't one of them
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 03:48:14 PM »
Do you not understand the difference between state and federal government? Has not one fucking thing to do with D vs R, no matter how much you want it to. The only way Obamacare doesn't get shit canned by the SC is for them to classify the mandate it as a tax, now what kind of tax is it? The constitution is pretty specific about what kind of taxes can be levied, and inaction sure in the fuck isn't one of them

so you're perfectly fine if the states pass laws that require insurers that cover prescription drugs also provide coverage for any Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved contraceptive

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 04:32:31 PM »
so you're perfectly fine if the states pass laws that require insurers that cover prescription drugs also provide coverage for any Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved contraceptive

If the people of that state want it then it's fine, I have a problem with the Federal government over stepping it's constitutional authority. The constitution is set up the way it is for a reason. I really don't get what is so hard to understand about this.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »
If the people of that state want it then it's fine, I have a problem with the Federal government over stepping it's constitutional authority. The constitution is set up the way it is for a reason. I really don't get what is so hard to understand about this.

so you believe the Federal government has no constitutional authority to regulate insurance companies?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »

You know how I feel about the government, healthcare, I want everything privatized, etc.  Minimal taxes and minimal government services.  People should be free to run their own lives.

I can definitely see the value in free contraception and abortion though.  I don't think anyone understands how serious this issue is.  Ignorant, primitive, violent, barbaric people are breeding at least three times quicker than decent, hardworking, people of average intelligence that contribute to society.

These people have a million kids, that grow up even worse than the generation that gave birth to them.

I'm a libertarian, much like Ron Paul but this problem has got to be addressed.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 05:31:12 PM »

"So contraception solves hunger"

I believe it helps a great deal.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »
so you believe the Federal government has no constitutional authority to regulate insurance companies?

Read the commerce clause
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
Read the commerce clause

didn't the supreme court say in 1954 that the commerce clause is exactly why the federal government has the authority to regulate insurance companies?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 10:27:30 AM »
didn't the supreme court say in 1954 that the commerce clause is exactly why the federal government has the authority to regulate insurance companies?

1954 was long after the Supreme Court stopped caring about even pretending to follow the Constitution.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 12:00:02 PM »
1954 was long after the Supreme Court stopped caring about even pretending to follow the Constitution.

interesting perspective

so what date did they stop caring about the Constitution

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
interesting perspective

so what date did they stop caring about the Constitution

FDR threatening to pack the Court certainly accelerated the slide toward totalitarianism. But to Kazan's point, Lincoln extensively shit all over the rule of law, the Constitution, and the Supreme Court.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 04:37:59 PM »
FDR threatening to pack the Court certainly accelerated the slide toward totalitarianism. But to Kazan's point, Lincoln extensively shit all over the rule of law, the Constitution, and the Supreme Court.

so are we a full totalitarian country at this point or just still sliding toward it

what could be done to change it. We obviously can't go back to prior to 1861 so what can be done in your opinion to make an idealized libertarian uptopia instead of the totalitarian dystopia that we find ourselves in due to the shitting on our Constitution that started in 1861 and has continued up to the current moment

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 04:45:32 PM »
A utopia? That's the pipe-dream you're fighting for. What I'm fighting for is the only sensible system of economic organization: capitalism.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 05:09:41 PM »
A utopia? That's the pipe-dream you're fighting for. What I'm fighting for is the only sensible system of economic organization: capitalism.

I'm not fighting for a utopia or even believe it one. I thought that was more of a libertarian goal

what, in your opinion, is our current system (what part of the totalitarian slide are we on) and what country on the planet exemplifies your capitalistic ideal ?

Aside from "capitialism" I think you also believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that abortion should be allowed at any time (up to the day of birth?).  What other social issues would your philosophy "correct" ? 

For example fair housing laws, truth in lending laws, segregation, etc... Are those violations of constitution in your philosopy?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 06:37:05 AM »
I'm not fighting for a utopia or even believe it one. I thought that was more of a libertarian goal

what, in your opinion, is our current system (what part of the totalitarian slide are we on) and what country on the planet exemplifies your capitalistic ideal ?

Aside from "capitialism" I think you also believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that abortion should be allowed at any time (up to the day of birth?).  What other social issues would your philosophy "correct" ? 

For example fair housing laws, truth in lending laws, segregation, etc... Are those violations of constitution in your philosopy?

The constitution lays out the powers of the federal government. The states were supposed to deal with other issue. Over time the power has shifted to federal government making all the decisions and the states having to fall in line.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »
scary indeed  :o

How can you have a meritocracy and democracy with millions of ignorant idiots like these around?

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 10:39:38 PM »
scary indeed  :o

How can you have a meritocracy and democracy with millions of ignorant idiots like these around?

Agreed!

This is yet another indictment of the american education system;we are turning out functional illiterates! WOW!!!

HM

W