Author Topic: Can a 150 lbs UFC fighter beat any 250lbs guy who has some fight skills???  (Read 11762 times)

TheGift...

• Getbig II
I was wondering can a 150lbs MMA fighter who has good skills beat any 250lbs guy who has some fight skills (street fights,bar fights) or who trains only one kind of martial arts like only boxing,only karate,only judo...and am talking about street fight without any knifes,bottles etc...

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Yes they can. And they will.

If you're 250 and in need of a fight, pick smaller prey.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
I was wondering can a 150lbs MMA fighter who has good skills beat any 250lbs guy who has some fight skills (street fights,bar fights) or who trains only one kind of martial arts like only boxing,only karate,only judo...and am talking about street fight without any knifes,bottles etc...

yes it's very possible.

It's also possible that 250 guy will walk him down, HOPE to get caught in some sort of MMA choke/grapple attempted by the 150lb er guy so he can rampage power slam the 150lb er into a curb, car or whatever he feels like however many times he wants.

weight-classes ....they exist for a reason  ;)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
The biggest mma prey a 250+ bodybuilder can go for is a ~45 pound 3 foot men.
A roaming Bantam weight can be approached in groups of 4-6 "athletes" were the first 3 bodybuilders usually get butchered for a greater cause. :'(

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
yes it's very possible.

It's also possible that 250 guy will walk him down, HOPE to get caught in some sort of MMA choke/grapple attempted by the 150lb er guy so he can rampage power slam the 150lb er into a curb, car or whatever he feels like however many times he wants.

This.

TheGift...

• Getbig II
yes it's very possible.

I saw a situation in a nightclub,where a owner (not really a 150lbs but 180lbs guy) whenever was a big problem he beat everyone bigger then him...way bigger then him!he wasn`t an MMA fighter,he was a calm guy but he trained karate for 10-15 years and he broke many jaws with single punch!am not into fights but I heard that you must have some very good skills and punch power to be able to broke a jaw with a single punch!

TheGift...

• Getbig II
Here am not talking about some club brawl or fight with something...here am talking about 2 guys staring at each other...one is a skilled 150lbs MMA fighter and another is a 250lbs guy with street fight experience/or a guy with only one kind of fighting skills!

chess315

it depends on both people 180 vs 250 is a lot different situation the 150 vs 250 a 180lb athlete starts being big enough the strength advantage becomes a lot less. I use to go submission wrestle and box fighters when i was younger 150lb guys you can over power easy 180 in shape not so much 180lb mma fighter is usually carrying a lot more muscle then the public and has good strength power.  180llb mma fighter at the bar would fight 169 and 180lb mma fighter would weigh 190+ walking the streets

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Bottom line is that any one can win on any given day, but generally speaking the guy with the superior skills is going to win 9/10 times.

chess315

Bottom line is that any one can win on any given day, but generally speaking the guy with the superior skills is going to win 9/10 times.
yes correct but if the bodybuildr wrestled in highschool or college or boxed any this situation becomes more difficult.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
I saw a situation in a nightclub,where a owner (not really a 150lbs but 180lbs guy) whenever was a big problem he beat everyone bigger then him...way bigger then him!he wasn`t an MMA fighter,he was a calm guy but he trained karate for 10-15 years and he broke many jaws with single punch!am not into fights but I heard that you must have some very good skills and punch power to be able to broke a jaw with a single punch!

Anything can happen "out there" to be honest. Club fights are not a very good way to judge true skills IMO. You'd have to see that same karate guy in the ring or cage vs a guy with a skill set in a controlled environment to gauge his TRUE skill level.

That same karate guy would hit a trained fighter and it wouldn't phase him(b/c they know how to take a shot)...then what? Time for plan B, C, D...etc. Hitting untrained people who are not conditioned to actually endure blows and breaking something on them is not impressive and should not be viewed that way IMO.

That karate owner guy obviously doesn't understand the discipline behind his fighting art, and is using the art he learned in a poor manner. He shouldn't be out there ko'ing guys. just my .02

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!

THIS!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
100 pounds is not that much.

First of all, I sincerely doubt the 150 pound guy is going to stand there trading punches with the bigger guy.

Once the adrenaline starts pumping the guy with fighting experience can make split-second decisions that a normal person can't.

I saw it in NY years ago: Huge guy gets on the train and starts bitching at the small dude standing by the door. Small dude tries to avoid him but the bigger guy gets on his face. I turn around to make sure my bag is in place and all I see is this small dude squatting on one leg and sweeping the bigger guy's legs. Big guy falls on his ass and thinks it's me who dropped him!!  

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
I'm not the type to run away from a fight but... if I can give one piece of advice to anyone thinking of testing another person's self-defense skills... unless you have a gun (in which case you'll flash it before you use it) or have a black belt in any martial art (in which case you'll avoid defending yourself until the very end) I would NOT test the odds.

And weight IS NOT an issue. Any martial arts person knows that, regardless of weight, the other person has weak points (testicles,eyes, et cetera), and they know when and how to go for them.

Like I said, stick to the punching bag.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I'm not the type to run away from a fight but... if I can give one piece of advice to anyone thinking of testing another person's self-defense skills... unless you have a gun (in which case you'll flash it before you use it) or have a black belt in any martial art (in which case you'll avoid defending yourself until the very end) I would NOT test the odds.

And weight IS NOT an issue. Any martial arts person knows that, regardless of weight, the other person has weak points (testicles,eyes, et cetera), and they know when and how to go for them.

Like I said, stick to the punching bag.
My old training partner had 100 lbs on me, in my experience 100 lbs is a LOT. (he was well over 300 lb, at probably 30% bodyfat but he was still fast)
He was also a state champion wrestler and still competed and did extremely well in freestyle tournaments. That didn't help things.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
A guy good enough to fight the UFC as a light weight will beat a weight lifting 250lbs guy who hits the bag once in awhile. I really think these type debates would be so much easier to understand if you practiced submission wrestling in any form for a couple of months.

When I was doing Brazilian jujitsu many years ago we had a guy who weighed about 150lb. He wasn't even the best in the class but he was very good. When ever a big guy came into class with an ego it was fun to watch him wrestle with the little hispanic guy. He would play with them rolling on the mat but when he wanted to he choked them out or arm bared them into submission. Many times I would see a guy leave and not come back because his ego was completly destroyed. It was fun to watch. I asked him what would happen if they were striking and wrestiling. He said I use to box it would be so much fun.

Yes there are weight classes for guys who are both very skilled in MMA. Just being a big guy who benches a house is meaningless if the other guy knows how to fight.

TheGift...

• Getbig II
is a karate black belt 3rd day good skilled fighter even if he didn`t train for 20 years???i mean does the fighting skills remained??

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
A guy good enough to fight the UFC as a light weight will beat a weight lifting 250lbs guy who hits the bag once in awhile. I really think these type debates would be so much easier to understand if you practiced submission wrestling in any form for a couple of months.

When I was doing Brazilian jujitsu many years ago we had a guy who weighed about 150lb. He wasn't even the best in the class but he was very good. When ever a big guy came into class with an ego it was fun to watch him wrestle with the little hispanic guy. He would play with them rolling on the mat but when he wanted to he choked them out or arm bared them into submission. Many times I would see a guy leave and not come back because his ego was completly destroyed. It was fun to watch. I asked him what would happen if they were striking and wrestiling. He said I use to box it would be so much fun.

Yes there are weight classes for guys who are both very skilled in MMA. Just being a big guy who benches a house is meaningless if the other guy knows how to fight.
I had an experience like that with a little 150 lb ginger kid, I had a solid 80 lbs on him, little fucker was like a spider monkey, about the time I threw him off and got him, he was already leaping through the air at me again. This happened 2-3 times before he managed to catch me getting up and got me in a choke.

Little fucker.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
My old training partner had 100 lbs on me, in my experience 100 lbs is a LOT. (he was well over 300 lb, at probably 30% bodyfat but he was still fast)
He was also a state champion wrestler and still competed and did extremely well in freestyle tournaments. That didn't help things.

Two different things. A street fight is one thing, training with a partner is something else.

In a street fight a guy with MMA experience is not going to wait for you to tap out, he's going to knock you out. Or worse yet, leave you with only one fully-functioning testicle or eye. Regardless of weight. And if he has to grab a 2 x 4 to do it, he will. The end result will be the same: Your 400-pound ass will get whooped.

Why are we even discussing shit like this? It's like fighting gravity: Sooner or later your ass will hit the floor.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
is a karate black belt 3rd day good skilled fighter even if he didn`t train for 20 years???i mean does the fighting skills remained??

Yes.

If you stop eating pussy for 20 years, would you remember where the clitoris is after the 20 years?

Ab-so-fuck-ing-lu-te-ly.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!

Yes the skill is there just have to blow the dust off sometimes. For example I haven't sparred in over three months now, but I make sure I train to stay in shape. If I were to get in the ring and box or something right now vs somebody who's been sparring more I'd have some LIVE adjusting to do (while getting my ass kicked) before everything started to hit on all cylinders again.  

now vs. a regular person who lifts weights and punches a bag here and there... I'd probably kill them with no training, sparring..nothing ...basically off the sofa kill them. They wouldn't even know how to defend themselves. Unfair.

see the difference?

TheGift...

• Getbig II
Yes the skill is there just have to blow the dust off sometimes. For example I haven't sparred in over three months now, but I make sure I train to stay in shape. If I were to get in the ring and box or something right now vs somebody who's been sparring more I'd have some LIVE adjusting to do (while getting my ass kicked) before everything started to hit on all cylinders again.  

now vs. a regular person who lifts weights and punches a bag here and there... I'd probably kill them with no training, sparring..nothing ...basically off the sofa kill them. They wouldn't even know how to defend themselves. Unfair.

see the difference?
i mean what a karate training means today,everybody says it`s a joke of a martial art???is it really that good fighter someone who has karate skills??for example karate guy vs boxer -both skilled,what would the fight look like?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Guys, seriously, don't fuck around with MA people.

Outside the ring they're the nicest people you will find but... if you test them...