Author Topic: Creatine and body fat  (Read 3171 times)

Striation

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Creatine and body fat
« on: November 14, 2005, 09:36:38 AM »
I've heard that using creatine while trying to lose body fat, is not going to work (allow you you to lose much fat). Is this true? and if so, why? I would think that an increase in muscle mas/size would equate to a higher metabolism, and thus greater ability to lose body fat. ???

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Creatine and body fat
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:49:12 AM »
it mainly depends on ur diet, ythe only think creatine does is bloats u with water .imo.

to loose fat use a fat burner and do  cardios

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:23:05 AM »
I've heard that using creatine while trying to lose body fat, is not going to work (allow you you to lose much fat). Is this true?

No, it's complete bullshit.  For example some competitors, such as Jeff Willet, cut out creatine about a week prior to a show.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 12:32:37 AM »
I've heard that using creatine while trying to lose body fat, is not going to work (allow you you to lose much fat). Is this true? and if so, why? I would think that an increase in muscle mas/size would equate to a higher metabolism, and thus greater ability to lose body fat. ???

Yes, it dicks w/ how you metabolize carbs.  You become more carb sensitive.  You can cut up on creatine, but make sure that you cut your carbs down (a rule of thumb is to cut them in half, and gauge from there).  And yes you have to take in carbs, b/c you need something to pull creatine across the cell membrane.  Peace.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 11:04:57 AM »
I use creatine for cutting as well, because it will help you to maintain your power when you eat less. The reason why you put creatine out before a competition is because it retains water. nothing to do with the fat.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 06:44:26 PM »
I use creatine for cutting as well, because it will help you to maintain your power when you eat less. The reason why you put creatine out before a competition is because it retains water. nothing to do with the fat.

That's my experience as well.

Atomicpc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 08:10:55 PM »
What about someone like me? I haven't joined a gym yet but do body weight exercises almost every night. Would I benifit from using creatine even before joining the gym?

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 10:41:22 PM »
What about someone like me? I haven't joined a gym yet but do body weight exercises almost every night. Would I benifit from using creatine even before joining the gym?

What are you looking to accomplish.  It's an amino acid that can force additional water retention in  the body.   In theory it helps your muscles to grow bigger then they would w/out the supplementation of it.  If you're just doing bodyweight exercises you're not exactly trying to conquer the size market, are you?  Maybe you had better wait until you join a gym to take creatine.

Exal

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 10:29:32 AM »
It's been tested and proved that creatine is only good for weight lifting and other sports where you lift heavy stuff and not good for endurance exercises. Creatine phosphate is used in the process ADP -> ATP where it donates 1 phosphate so the ADP turns into ATP (energy), therefore making your muscles ready faster... I don't see how creatine would fuck up your cutting as it only makes you retend more water(essentially retending more water makes you stronger) and of course makes you recuperate faster...

Tailz

• Getbig II
  • Are you bullet proof? THEN STFU!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 01:27:34 PM »
anyone know what brand of creatine would be a good one to buy ?