Author Topic: The American Express Centurion AKA The Black Card  (Read 9158 times)

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
The American Express Centurion AKA The Black Card
« on: August 12, 2012, 10:00:19 AM »

This is how I'm rolling. How about you? ;)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: The American Express Centurion AKA The Black Card
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »
I see a time-out in your future.

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »

Don't worry. If you qualify for one of these cards, American Express will seek you out. Most getbiggers carry a secured credit card, if anything. Lol

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »

Don't worry. If you qualify for one of these cards, American Express will seek you out. Most getbiggers carry a secured credit card, if anything. Lol

You don't get sought out for that card. You get sought out for the green card and then are offered upgrades.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 12:23:51 PM »
I was hesitant to post this, but believe it or not getbiggers, I used one of these cards on 3 purchases.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 12:28:15 PM »
My father has multiple credit cards of which each has a 15k-20k credit limit. I have a couple that are capped at 5k, lol.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »
You gotta be a player to carry it . . .  $3500 a year just to have the account. Spend a minimum of $150,000 per year to keep the account open, comes with a reader you plug into your computer to check account balances. A good card, but $3500 good? Get a gold visa and attach a line of credit.

THE BEEF

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 12:46:21 PM »
I have a platinum American Express, cost $450 a year, but the benefits are well worth it. Free companion ticket for international flights business/first class. Concierge service, late check out at all hotelS etc. it's hands down the best card you can have. Always can talk to a human, you can spend whatever you want on it, I have charged as much as 26,000 at one time. Only downside, you have to pay the balance monthly. I know when my billing cycle closes, so I pay my business/supplier accounts on that day, and don't have to pay it for 45 days. It's like laundering money, plus you get points.  :D

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 12:53:39 PM »
I have a platinum American Express, cost $450 a year, but the benefits are well worth it. Free companion ticket for international flights business/first class. Concierge service, late check out at all hotelS etc. it's hands down the best card you can have. Always can talk to a human, you can spend whatever you want on it, I have charged as much as 26,000 at one time. Only downside, you have to pay the balance monthly. I know when my billing cycle closes, so I pay my business/supplier accounts on that day, and don't have to pay it for 45 days. It's like laundering money, plus you get points.  :D

Bro if you are dropping $26 LARGE on one charge you are a player. And you are correct, Amex ( although they now have credit cards ) made their bones as charge cards . . . you gotta pay that shit off. The platinum card is a boss card.

THE BEEF

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
Bro if you are dropping $26 LARGE on one charge you are a player. And you are correct, Amex ( although they now have credit cards ) made their bones as charge cards . . . you gotta pay that shit off. The platinum card is a boss card.

THE BEEF

Not like I'm dropping it to just spend frivolously, I use it for my business. I have material bills where I carry a balance of 40-60k a month, and pay them with my amex. I also use it for other stuff too, but that doesn't amount to what I spend for work. The benefits are awesome though, and I tell anyone who can, get one.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 04:51:10 PM »
lol for anybody using a credit card to begin with, for what? you either have the money or you don't and don't get cute with online shopping thats what you used re-chargable credit cards for, if you haven't noticed credit cards is one of the best ways for the bank to screw normal people over.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
Aren't you the fellow who can't even spell? Perhaps credit is too volatile for you. 

haha, must have hurt your feelings.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
We paid off and destroyed our credit cards. Credit cards are a financial death sentence for most. Want to know why people are financially fucked....credit cards.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »
Again, for simpletons like yourself and Stark who think credit cards are toys, yes, they are bad news. For high rollers, they are indespensible.

It's still a debt dumbass. Most "high rollers" black cards are paid through their corporations. That's like saying all "high"rollers" drive Bentleys. The smart ones drive less. You're views are delusional

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 05:53:48 PM »
"You're views"? And YOU are calling ME dumbass? Good luck old man. Lol
Kill yourself you worthless troll.
T

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 05:56:44 PM »
lol for anybody using a credit card to begin with, for what? you either have the money or you don't and don't get cute with online shopping thats what you used re-chargable credit cards for, if you haven't noticed credit cards is one of the best ways for the bank to screw normal people over.

Convenience, you can pay that mother fucker off monthly.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 06:03:55 PM »
I don't have a credit or debit card.

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 06:05:02 PM »
I think I have a $500 limit on my emergency card. I didn't have one until last year also and I'm 31. I do have a business visa that I use on occassion.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 06:11:54 PM »
We paid off and destroyed our credit cards. Credit cards are a financial death sentence for most. Want to know why people are financially fucked....credit cards.

All the truly wealthy people i know don't own cards.

They are useless if you actually have money, but i can understand using one for business reasons.

8)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 06:21:44 PM »
All the truly wealthy people i know don't own cards.

They are useless if you actually have money, but i can understand using one for business reasons.

8)

You know what's really sad? If a person has no debt and wants.to.let's say finance a nice car, buy a home, etc they get turned downed and credit.scores actually drop because of LACK of credit. It's not right.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 06:25:58 PM »
You know what's really sad? If a person has no debt and wants.to.let's say finance a nice car, buy a home, etc they get turned downed and credit.scores actually drop because of LACK of credit. It's not right.

Yeah it's stupid. That's the only reason i have a card is because of that, i've had the same card for 12 years.

8)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
If you pay it off monthly, there is nothing wrong with it. You actually collect points/rewards for using it. I'm going to Europe for Christmas, and my wife's ticket will be free just for using the card. It's only when you don't pay it off that it becomes a problem. You might say that if you can buy something, why not just pay cash, but like I said the rewards are worth it. I get about 100,000 points a year, and thats good for a few tickets to St Martin.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 06:51:12 PM »
If you pay it off monthly, there is nothing wrong with it. You actually collect points/rewards for using it. I'm going to Europe for Christmas, and my wife's ticket will be free just for using the card. It's only when you don't pay it off that it becomes a problem. You might say that if you can buy something, why not just pay cash, but like I said the rewards are worth it. I get about 100,000 points a year, and thats good for a few tickets to St Martin.

That's just the thing though. They know most are not going to pay it off. They play off that. Personally I think it pisses them.off if you pay the balance in full each month.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 06:54:02 PM »
That's just the thing though. They know most are not going to pay it off. They play off that.

No shit, but I don't care about those morons, just me.  ;D seriously though, if you are taught fiscal responsibility, credit cards are not a bad thing. But, Amex is not a credit card like visa, it's almost like a line of credit, they can decide to not renew it yearly.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 06:54:17 PM »

Like Coach said, you are one of the few that uses the card as intended. The companies bank on people not like you.

8)