Author Topic: To Republicans- How have Republican policies benefited your life?  (Read 1771 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Can any of you tell me what specific Republican policies have you benefited from and who was responsible for them?

I also would like links provided. 

Thanks.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: To Republicans- How have Republican policies benefited your life?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »
Can any of you tell me what specific Republican policies have you benefited from and who was responsible for them?

Thanks.

I don't know that any politician (except State and local) has done anything but damage in my life time?  ???

I'd say the Republicans are better actors than the democrats, making themselves look more promising.  Until they're elected and fuck everyone in the ass just like their Democratic opponent would have.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:39:25 AM »
I don't know that any politician (except State and local) has done anything but damage in my life time?  ???

I'd say the Republicans are better actors than the democrats, making themselves look more promising.  Until they're elected and fuck everyone in the ass just like their Democratic opponent would have.

So its safe to say Republicans are ineffective and have not really helped you in any way that you can think of. 

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »
Neither side has helped me as far as I can tell. 

I'm for whichever side looks to do less to ruin things.  When both sides plan to ruin lots of things, but one side has already been ruining things for the past few years I choose not to reward currently active ruinings.
Y

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 09:52:08 AM »
So its safe to say Republicans are ineffective and have not really helped you in any way that you can think of. 

We're not really looking for help from either party, I think most of us our looking for the party that we'll quit trying to help.  The greatest benefit would be had by the party that quit trying to "help", and started doing what's right.

The issue of greatest importance to me would be government over stepping it's bounds.  The erosion of our Constitutional rights.  Which is clearly bipartisan.

I can get along very well on my own, my family and friends can to.  We're very capable of running our own lives.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »

I'm for whichever side looks to do less to ruin things.  When both sides plan to ruin lots of things, but one side has already been ruining things for the past few years I choose not to reward currently active ruinings.

This

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:55:26 AM »
We're not really looking for help from either party, I think most of us our looking for the party that we'll quit trying to help.  The greatest benefit would be had by the party that quit trying to "help", and started doing what's right.

The issue of greatest importance to me would be government over stepping it's bounds.  The erosion of our Constitutional rights.  Which is clearly bipartisan.

I can get along very well on my own, my family and friends can to.  We're very capable of running our own lives.

Which party do you think has done more damage to Constitutional rights or wants to take away more rights in general/limit personal freedom. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »

This.
Neither side has done shit to benefit me. And I don't really expect them to. They aren't there to provide for me.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »
Which party do you think has done more damage to Constitutional rights or wants to take away more rights in general/limit personal freedom. 
Both parties have. In recent times, I'd say the Bush II era neo-cons have probably dont more damage to personal rights. Although the recent NDAA was pretty serious.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »
Both parties have. In recent times, I'd say the Bush II era neo-cons have probably dont more damage to personal rights. Although the recent NDAA was pretty serious.
So in hindsight, Al Gore would have been a better choice both times if you had a do over?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 09:58:57 AM »
So in hindsight, Al Gore would have been a better choice both times if you had a do over?
I voted for Bush 2x, and in hindsight, I probably simply would not have voted. Gore was a fucking idiot as well. At the time, it was "Please god anyone but Gore". Its kind of funny because 08 everyone was "Please god anyone but the Republicans/Bush".

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 09:59:21 AM »

As far as I can tell both parties have been absolutely equal on their disdain of our freedom.  I guess pandora's box was really opened under the rein of Bush/Cheney.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 10:08:47 AM »

Thanks.

You're a very wealth individual, and your parents/grandparents employed a lot of people.  Can I ask you which party has been better to your family?

???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 10:10:12 AM »
Republicans have historically outspent Democrats and have directly caused more inflation.  Republicans have also been historically responsible for instating the highest Tax rates.  Republicans have also been historically opposed to abortion rights, gay rights, personal freedoms-drugs, prostitution etc...

If we are keeping score here, Republicans are more damaging if we were to do a meta-analysis. What is there to suggest that continuing to vote Republican will be any different, historically speaking?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »

Thanks.

I am not looking for a party to benefit me.   I am looking to be left the fuck alone and keep as much of my own hard earned money as possible.

And locally - the Democrat party has destroyed everything and most major cities.  Detroit, Chicago, Bronx, Cary, Ind. Camden NJ, Philly, etc etc etc    

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »
Republicans have historically outspent Democrats and have directly caused more inflation.  Republicans have also been historically responsible for instating the highest Tax rates.  Republicans have also been historically opposed to abortion rights, gay rights, personal freedoms-drugs, prostitution etc...

If we are keeping score here, Republicans are more damaging if we were to do a meta-analysis. What is there to suggest that continuing to vote Republican will be any different, historically speaking?

Someone refute this, I can't.  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 10:14:02 AM »
You're a very wealth individual, and your parents/grandparents employed a lot of people.  Can I ask you which party has been better to your family?

???
Democrats.  My Grandfather went to jail due to the 92 percent tax rate (he didn`t want to pay) and because of the IRS at the time focusing on Jewish discrimination brought on by McCarthyism.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »

LOL - it was obama who signed the NDAA, rammed through obamacare, prosecuted more whistelblowers than anyone, prosecuted medical pot growers, waged a war on religion,  killed american citizens via drone strikes w no explanation, etc etc etc  

Both parties have blood on their hands. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 10:17:12 AM »
Someone refute this, I can't.  ;D

The top rate is nonsense as there were a lot more deductions back then and no one paid the top rates. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 10:19:43 AM »
I am not looking for a party to benefit me.   I am looking to be left the fuck alone and keep as much of my own hard earned money as possible.

And locally - the Democrat party has destroyed everything and most major cities.  Detroit, Chicago, Bronx, Cary, Ind. Camden NJ, Philly, etc etc etc    

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
-Julius Caesar (I, ii, 140-141)

I think both parties are not really working in the best interests of the collective (wether leaving us alone or providing us with the ability to facilitate necessities (bridges,roads,trains,schools) , however I do believe it is really our fault, as humans.  We are simply over-breeding, gobbling up our own limited resources and shitting where we sleep and expecting different results.  

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
-Julius Caesar (I, ii, 140-141)

I think both parties are not really working in the best interests of the collective (wether leaving us alone or providing us with the ability to facilitate necessities (bridges,roads,trains,schools) , however I do believe it is really our fault, as humans.  We are simply over-breeding, gobbling up our own limited resources and shitting where we sleep and expecting different results.  

No shit.  If you're relying on the altruism of people who gain their position by winning a popularity contest (which more-or-less necessitates they put themselves before others), then you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. 
Y

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
I appreciate the much lower taxes I pay thanks to Reagan and Bush.

Except for that, Republicans suck almost as much as Democrats. Which is why it's so important for Ron Paul folks and libertarians to take over the Party.