Author Topic: 3-on-3 basketball 2016 Olympics - AW YA SKREET BALLAZ GETTZ REDEE!!  (Read 6402 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw

http://dimemag.com/2012/08/the-2016-olympics-might-include-3-on-3-basketball/

The 2016 Olympics Might Include 3-On-3 Basketball

Now that the Olympics are over, and USA Basketball has added gold medals for both the women’s and men’s National Teams to their already overflowing trophy case, they have four more years to retool and prepare for Rio in 2016. But according to a recent report in USA Today, it looks like USA Basketball may also need to plan who will make the 2016 Team USA three-on-three basketball teams.

FIBA wants to create a comprehensive ranking system that would determine the best three-on-three teams in the world. FIBA already has a three-on-three world tour and world championship, but (FIBA secretary general Patrick) Baumann welcomed all three-on-three tournaments, such as Gus Macker and Hoop It Up, into the fold as long as those tournaments adhered to FIBA rules, including the registration of players in a database to chart wins and losses. “Like volleyball has beach volleyball, swimming has synchronized swimming, we want three-on-three to be part of it,” Baumann said.

Beach volleyball has been extremely popular in the Olympics since joining the games in 1996, so with basketball’s already popular status, we can only imagine how well received three-on-three basketball will become.

Here’s more from Baumann:

Baumann reasoned that three-on-three would allow more countries to experience the Olympics and help FIBA expand basketball’s global popularity. He said smaller basketball nations regularly send teams to the three-on-three world championship.

“We’ve chosen three-on-three as being one way of bringing that community into the Games,” he said. “For us, this is also really about growing the mass of players on a grass-roots basis. We want them to be part of the family and hopefully have new talents for the game.

FIBA’s influence on Olympic basketball has been well-documented, the ball and rules are all from FIBA, so Olympic three-on-three basketball could become a reality. We broke down yesterday who we think could be on Team USA for the 2016 Olympics, and if some of those players don’t make the cut perhaps they could form the first ever Team USA three-on-three team. Could they also be the first three-on-three Dream Team?

Although this idea is still in the early phases, who would you want on the men’s Team USA three-on-three basketball team?

What do you think?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: 3-on-3 basketball 2016 Olympics - AW YA SKREET BALLAZ GETTZ REDEE!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
So, "Hoop It Up" comes to the Olympics? Let me guess, there will be a special "And 1" Olympic mixtape, and a retro limited edition Reebok Blacktop  Olympic basketball shoe.
Pre-Order yours today at Footlocker, Finishline, Sports Authority, and Downtown Locker Room.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
So, "Hoop It Up" comes to the Olympics? Let me guess, there will be a special "And 1" Olympic mixtape, and a retro limited edition Reebok Blacktop  Olympic basketball shoe.
Pre-Order yours today at Footlocker, Finishline, Sports Authority, and Downtown Locker Room.

Time for the urban kids to earn they gold , like white man in pool

Can't wait for the slam dunk content and horse/around the world for 2020 Olympics

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »

Time for the urban kids to earn they gold , like white man in pool

Can't wait for the slam dunk content and horse/around the world for 2020 Olympics
Nope, because many of the "urban" kids believe in ball hogging, showboating and dunking...
Have you ever seen those And 1 vids...dudes dunking, and not shooting, showboating...
Can't shoot a three for their lives, let alone being at the line. All about the highlight.
I think the Euros, Latin countries and the Chinese might win on this.

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 03:03:03 PM »
lebron durant and melo would be a sick team

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 03:06:35 PM »
lebron durant and melo would be a sick team

Fuck Melo.

Lebron
Durant
Paul

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »
Fuck Melo.

Lebron
Durant
Paul
Excztly u need a good point and passer like Paul.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 07:52:23 AM »
Excztly u need a good point and passer like Paul.

3 on three you need a big man in the middle. He just sits there and stuff's everything.  Put Dwight, Lebron and a westbrook and it would be on.  I hate westbrook but the fucker is so fast that on 3 on 3 he would run circles around most pros.

I played in a 3 on 3 tourney, won the state and made it to the national finals, but none of us could afford to fly to it so we bowed out.  Sucks being 16 and poor at the time.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 12:03:32 PM »
3 on three you need a big man in the middle. He just sits there and stuff's everything.  Put Dwight, Lebron and a westbrook and it would be on.  I hate westbrook but the fucker is so fast that on 3 on 3 he would run circles around most pros.

I played in a 3 on 3 tourney, won the state and made it to the national finals, but none of us could afford to fly to it so we bowed out.  Sucks being 16 and poor at the time.
Like that! 3 on 3 could be good watching!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 12:09:58 PM »

Lies, you're not black.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 12:17:44 PM »
Lies, you're not black.

No but the other two guys were.  I was easily the weakest link on the team.  One guy never misses a shot, the other can dunk from anwhere and I was playing the enforcer type role.  lol.  it worked though

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 12:18:26 PM »
No but the other two guys were.  I was easily the weakest link on the team.  One guy never misses a shot, the other can dunk from anwhere and I was playing the enforcer type role.  lol.  it worked though
I can see you playing the "token white guy passing the ball to the black guys" role.  ;D

MikMaq

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »
If that add this and beach soccer this could be an event worth watching. Adding a fast form of criket wouldn't hurt either.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »
I can see you playing the "token white guy passing the ball to the black guys" role.  ;D

pretty much it.  I ain't denying that.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »
When will MMA become an OLympic sport?

MikMaq

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »
When will MMA become an OLympic sport?
Never you can't have a guy doing like 6 matches in 2 weeks.