Author Topic: HOLY SHIT!!!! What do you guys make of this shit????  (Read 5254 times)

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
HOLY SHIT!!!! What do you guys make of this shit????
« on: August 14, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »
Scary as hell...if you believe it!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Welcome to OBLIVION fuckers!!!!!!!

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/109608/GET_READY_NOW_AUG_17TH_2012/

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: HOLY SHIT!!!! What do you guys make of this shit????
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
Astronomers discovered the nearby asteroid, named 2002 NY40--not to be confused with better-known 2002 NT7--on July 14th. It measures about 800 meters across, and follows an orbit that ranges from the asteroid belt to the inner solar system. On August 18th, the asteroid will glide past our planet only 1.3 times farther away than the Moon.

"Flybys like this happen every 50 years or so," says Don Yeomans, the manager of NASA's Near-Earth Object Program office at JPL. The last time (that we know of) was August 31, 1925, when another 800-meter asteroid passed by just outside the Moon's orbit. In those days there were no dedicated asteroid hunters--the object, 2001 CU11, wasn't discovered until 77 years later. At the time of the flyby, no one even knew it was happening.

2002 NY40 is different. We know the asteroid is coming, and astronomers have time to prepare.

One team of observers led by Mike Nolan at the giant Arecibo radar in Puerto Rico will "ping" 2002 NY40 with radio waves as it approaches Earth. Such data result in impressive 3D maps of asteroids, which have often surprised astronomers with their weird shapes. Some prove to be binary systems (one space rock orbiting another) and one even looks like a dog bone.

"Radar data will also improve our knowledge of the asteroid's orbit," adds Jon Giorgini, a member of the radar team from JPL. "At present, we know there's little risk of a collision with 2002 NY40 for decades. When the Arecibo radar measurements are done, the orbit uncertainties should shrink by more than a factor of 200. We'll be able to extrapolate the asteroid's motion hundreds of years into the past and into the future, too."

2002 NY40 is faint now. It shines by reflected sunlight like a 17th magnitude star. As it nears Earth, however, the space rock will brighten, soaring to 9th magnitude on August 18th. That's about 16 times dimmer than the dimmest star you can see without a telescope. But as asteroids go, it's very bright.

"Asteroids are hard to see," explains Yeomans, "because they're mostly black like charcoal. The most common ones--carbon-rich C-type asteroids--reflect only 3% to 5% of the light that hits them. Metallic asteroids, which are somewhat rare, reflect more: 10% to 15%."

"We don't know yet what this asteroid is made of," he continued, "but we'll have a much better idea by the end of August." Astronomers using ground-based telescopes will have little trouble recording the asteroid's spectrum and thus its composition.

On the date of closest approach, the asteroid will sail past Vega, the brightest star in the evening summer sky. Sky watchers with powerful binoculars or small telescopes can see it--a speck of light moving 8 degrees per hour. (Note: The flyby will be visible mostly from Earth's northern hemisphere; this is not a good opportunity for southern sky watchers. North Americans can see it best after sunset on Aug. 17th; Europeans should look during the hours before dawn on Aug. 18th.)

Something extraordinary will happen hours after 2002 NY40 passes Earth: the space rock will quickly fade.

Asteroids, like moons and planets, have phases. The sunlit side of 2002 NY40 is facing Earth now. It's full, like a full Moon. On August 18th, the asteroid will cross Earth's orbit on its way toward the Sun. Then the phase of the asteroid will change--from full to gibbous to half.... finally the night side will turn to face Earth. The asteroid will grow dark, like a new Moon.

It's not every day you can peer through binoculars and see a near-Earth asteroid--and then see it disappear. But 2002 NY40 has a lot to offer.

"Mother Nature is making it very easy for us to study this one," says Yeomans. That's good because "we need to know more about near-Earth asteroids in case we ever need to destroy or deflect one." What are they made of? How are asteroids put together? These are key questions that 2002 NY40 will help answer.

"Don't forget," adds Yeomans, "most asteroids pose no threat to Earth. But they do contain valuable metals, minerals and even water that we might tap in the future." When such asteroids come close (but not too close!) we have relatively easy access to them--both to study and, one day perhaps, to visit.

Or, to paraphrase Nietzsche, asteroids (like 2002 NY40) that do not hit us, make us stronger.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:47:47 PM »
NASA is a scam and space may just be a hologram

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »
 8)

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »
At least I live in the hills.. 8)
H

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
I wonder if someone is resurrecting a story regarding it's 2002 orbit, as described in tu_holmes's NASA post.  It'd be one hell of a coincidence if it was coming by on the exact same calendar day 10 years later.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »
I shouldn't have seen this, I shouldn't have seen this, I shouldn't have seen this....I'm dead fucking serious....You mouthers thinnk this shit is fake?  This is what its all about man@!! WEhat Falcon, Seveste, Myself have been preaching. Get your shit together!  Don''t just die like slughters lambs. Think outside the box. I'm for real out until at least August 19th. It's been real fuckers. 8)

If I'm wrong it'll be epic and we can all call me the crazy space dude...I can deal with that.  What I can't deal with is just me Ron and someone like, I don't goodrum...DA.  Anyway all joked aside, call me crazy but I'm out.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 04:31:37 PM »

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 04:37:16 PM »
Close encounters of large Near Earth Asteroids such as 2002 NY40 on August 18 happen approximately every 50 years. The last known case was NEA 2001 CU11 which passed just outside the Moon`s orbit on August 31, 1925. Nobody saw that approach because that asteroid was not discovered until 77 years later.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 05:07:38 PM »
If you're going to fall for complete nonsense, at least be alive in 1938 so you could enjoy someone with talent, like Orson Welles, do his 'War of the Worlds' schtick.  ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »
If you're going to fall for complete nonsense, at least be alive in 1938 so you could enjoy someone with talent, like Orson Welles, do his 'War of the Worlds' schtick.  ;D

you seem like the kinda guy who would stay away from boats before 1492 in fear off falling off the face of the earth

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 05:15:37 PM »
It will miss us. No problem. If I'm wrong, no one will know.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 06:12:47 PM »
I shouldn't have seen this, I shouldn't have seen this, I shouldn't have seen this....I'm dead fucking serious....You mouthers thinnk this shit is fake?  This is what its all about man@!! WEhat Falcon, Seveste, Myself have been preaching. Get your shit together!  Don''t just die like slughters lambs. Think outside the box. I'm for real out until at least August 19th. It's been real fuckers. 8)

If I'm wrong it'll be epic and we can all call me the crazy space dude...I can deal with that.  What I can't deal with is just me Ron and someone like, I don't goodrum...DA.  Anyway all joked aside, call me crazy but I'm out.
They're shutting off your internet and your next unemployment check doesn't come until the 19th ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 06:54:40 PM »
You guys can't be this stupid. LAWL.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 07:31:09 PM »
Lol
#

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 08:32:21 PM »
"We don't know yet what this asteroid is made of," he continued, "

Really hard stuff for starters, like rock maybe

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 12:52:49 AM »
NASA is a scam and space may just be a hologram

^This.
Trans Milkshake.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 01:40:04 AM »
Thread reported to Groink for earth's safety.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 01:41:16 AM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 02:34:28 AM »

What do you mean "out until August 19th", travelling to the moon during the nibiru-impact or what? :D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 02:53:20 AM »
What do you mean "out until August 19th", travelling to the moon during the nibiru-impact or what? :D

Wiggs will be furiously trying to work out how to dehydrate fried chicken, and stock piling jolly ranchers, sizzurp and kool aid powder to ensure the survival of the black race on Mars

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 02:56:29 AM »

If I'm wrong it'll be epic and we can all call me the crazy space dude...I can deal with that.  What I can't deal with is just me Ron and someone like, I don't goodrum...DA.  Anyway all joked aside, call me crazy but I'm out.

Do you want me to stop contacting friends and family on your behalf for a German job opportunity as you have asked me to do?

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 02:57:29 AM »
~

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 03:01:34 AM »
Astronomers discovered the nearby asteroid, named 2002 NY40--not to be confused with better-known 2002 NT7--on July 14th. It measures about 800 meters across, and follows an orbit that ranges from the asteroid belt to the inner solar system. On August 18th, the asteroid will glide past our planet only 1.3 times farther away than the Moon.
////

So you quote all this text but forgot to take on the first sentence which started...
July 30, 2002: Relax, there's no danger of a collision, but it will be close enough to see through binoculars: a big space rock, not far from Earth

indie-lad

• Getbig IV