Author Topic: The Most Bad Ass Congressman is a Japanese American Democrat Medal of Honor Win  (Read 4270 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Not to sound like a dick but you know these stories have become embellished as shit..im sure they all did impressive heroic stuff but im also sure they werent the invincible supermen of these ridiculous tales

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Not to sound like a dick but you know these stories have become embellished as shit..im sure they all did impressive heroic stuff but im also sure they werent the invincible supermen of these ridiculous tales
::)
Yes because, he doesn`t have the bullet wounds to show for it and I guess the missing arm is just secured nicely under his clothes at all times.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
::)
Yes because, he doesn`t have the bullet wounds to show for it and I guess the missing arm is just secured nicely under his clothes at all times.
Correct. And he didnt throw that grenade one armed into the bunker, cause he really has both arms.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
All im saying is that stories like this get exaggerated vastly over time. The guy clearly performed a badass heroic act, losing his arm in the process. But im sorry i do not believe the story just told...a small asian man getting shot 7 times probably by a rifle much less a gutshot by mounted machine gun(he would be dead or at least completely incapacitated many times over already) at close range,THEN pulling out a grenade, getting his arm blown off(funny how the fire directed at his was powerful enough to blow off his arm, yet he previously recieved several other hits from the same thing and was still going full force ::) ) then, still alive and thinking sharply after all this, reaches down and pries the  grenade from his severed hand, throws it accurately somehow with his offhand which then of course blows up when it hits the bad guy, THEN grabs a tommy gun (a very difficult to control and shoot accurately full auto .45) with only his off hand and is able to fire it accurately enough to mow down the last of the opposition...i mean come on..even the worst 80s action movie is more realistic than that

Power

• Getbig III
  • Move along
Damn!  Chuck Norris may have finally met his match.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
I do crazy shit on Call Of Duty everyday. I'm not impressed.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Inouye

In 1943, when the U.S. Army dropped its ban on Japanese-Americans, Inouye curtailed his premedical studies at the University of Hawaii and enlisted in the Army.[6] He was assigned to the Nisei 442nd Regimental Combat Team, which became the most-highly decorated unit in the history of the US Army.[7]

Inouye was promoted to the rank of sergeant within his first year, and he was given the role of platoon leader. He served in Italy in 1944 during the Rome-Arno Campaign before his regiment was transferred to the Vosges Mountains region of France, where he spent two weeks in the battle to relieve the Lost Battalion, a battalion of the 141st Infantry Division that was surrounded by German forces. He was promoted to the rank of second lieutenant for his actions there. At one point while he was leading an attack, a shot struck him in the chest directly above his heart, but the bullet was stopped by the two silver dollars he happened to have stacked in his shirt pocket.[8] He continued to carry the coins throughout the war in his shirt pocket as good luck charms until he lost them shortly before the battle in which he lost his arm.[9]
Inouye as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Army

On April 21, 1945, Inouye was grievously wounded while leading an assault on a heavily-defended ridge near San Terenzo in Tuscany, Italy called Colle Musatello. The ridge served as a strongpoint along the strip of German fortifications known as the Gothic Line, which represented the last and most dogged line of German defensive works in Italy. As he led his platoon in a flanking maneuver, three German machine guns opened fire from covered positions just 40 yards away, pinning his men to the ground. Inouye stood up to attack and was shot in the stomach; ignoring his wound, he proceeded to attack and destroy the first machine gun nest with hand grenades and fire from his M1 Thompson submachine gun. After being informed of the severity of his wound by his platoon sergeant, he refused treatment and rallied his men for an attack on the second machine gun position, which he also successfully destroyed before collapsing from blood loss.

As his squad distracted the third machine gunner, Inouye crawled toward the final bunker, eventually drawing within 10 yards. As he raised himself up and cocked his arm to throw his last grenade into the fighting position, a German inside fired a rifle grenade that struck him on the right elbow, severing most of his arm and leaving his own primed grenade reflexively "clenched in a fist that suddenly didn't belong to me anymore".[10] Inouye's horrified soldiers moved to his aid, but he shouted for them to keep back out of fear his severed fist would involuntarily relax and drop the grenade. As the German inside the bunker reloaded his rifle, Inouye managed to pry the live grenade from his useless right hand and transfer it to his left. As the German aimed his rifle to finish him off, Inouye managed at last to toss the grenade off-hand into the bunker and destroy it. He stumbled to his feet and continued forward, silencing the last German resistance with a one-handed burst from his Thompson before being wounded in the leg and tumbling unconscious to the bottom of the ridge. When he awoke to see the concerned men of his platoon hovering over him, his only comment before being carried away was to gruffly order them return to their positions, since, as he pointed out, "nobody [had] called off the war!"[11]

The remainder of Inouye's mutilated right arm was later amputated at a field hospital without proper anesthesia, as he had been given too much morphine at an aid station and it was feared any more would lower his blood pressure enough to kill him.

TL, DR: Sen. Daniel Inouye fought for the US during WWII. In one battle, he was shot in the stomach, had his arm nearly blown off and was shot in the leg. He continued fighting until he passed out, then had his arm amputated without anesthesia
this guy
F

MikMaq

When men were men. 8)
Meh women back then were tough as nails as well.

My grandmother got TB when it first came out. The doc's took out one of her lunge while she was awake with no pain killers. Spent 3 year in recover, had her rib cage opened up a total of 6 times in that period,(she was basically a genuine pig for the docs), after being being told at the age of 21 she wouldn't live past 35 nor be able to have kids, she had my mom plus my aunt and uncle, and a stillborn uncle(due to the doctors not understanding she was living on half a lung). This followed a long period of hospital trips and shit, seriously it's hard to explain the shit you go through when you have a half lung to live on.

Anyhow my point is she wasn't super human, it was the whole generation.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Here are two others that are neat stories also

Desmond Doss -

A conscientious objector who saved many, even though he refused to pick up a firearm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss .

Smedley Butler -

While I don't approve of his support of the Prohibition movement, he received in all separate engagements, a pair of Medal of Honor awards, and the USMC Medal of Brevet. He also deserves credit as a veterans's advocate and his warning to keep an eye on how business interests can shape warfare and global politics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler .

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
True badasses.

8)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
I'm sure John matrix would have barehanded 20+ with rifles.

ob205

• Getbig III
No.
I can't imagine anyone I know doing anything like that. The people that fought in that war were different.

Take this guy for instance, GySgt John Basilone. At one point during the battle for Guadalcanal, dude was actually running back and forth firing his water cooled .30 cal from the hip, burning the shit out of his hands. His 15 man crew stopped 3000 enemy soldiers.

He got the MoH for it.

Basilone was chronicled on HBO's THE PACIFIC.  He wins MOH, goes onto train new recruits, volunteers to go back to Pacific and dies on Iwo Jima I believe.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
this guy
No. Teddy wanted a war campaign so badly to complement the macho persona he cultivated that he contrived one.