Author Topic: Tough Shit  (Read 6031 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Tough Shit
« on: August 15, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »
You're working in a sales environment for less than 8 months....base salary is "okay", commission? Well it's only as good as your monthly sales quota. Let's face it, the market is saturated and the economy is still down the drain. You deal with foreign customers who speaks none to broken English, somewhat American customers but not a lot. Your office Manager and you really don't see eye to eye but just play things cool as politics. Also you're a personal friend of the President of your company. Now what do you do if you're willing to give your 2 weeks notice like yesterday? Start blaming the blame game on the Manager? Complain to your President you're unhappy, or dislike the job due to underpaid, or point fingers at the current economy, etc.

- Discuss
#

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Tough Shit
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »
soon you ll join half of the world population that will be unemployed anyway.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:01:24 PM »
Increase fiber

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:03:08 PM »
That's called middle class "hard times".

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:10:18 PM »

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 08:14:44 PM »
it's called obama's economy recover plan

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »
In the words of  Tyler Durden, just let Go...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »
Fuck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may

---Tyler Durden

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 08:38:43 PM »

Tyler Durden: Guys, what would you wish you'd done before you died?
Ricky: Paint a self-portrait.
The Mechanic: Build a house.
Tyler Durden: [to Narrator] And you?
Narrator: I don't know. Turn the wheel now, come on!
Tyler Durden: You have to know the answer to this question! If you died right now, how would you feel about your life?
Narrator: I don't know, I wouldn't feel anything good about my life, is that what you want to hear me say? Fine. Come on!
Tyler Durden: Not good enough.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 08:39:19 PM »
Tyler Durden: Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
Tyler Durden: Fuck damnation, man! Fuck redemption! We are God's unwanted children? So be it!
Narrator: OK. Give me some water!
Tyler Durden: Listen, you can run water over your hand and make it worse or...
[shouts]
Tyler Durden: look at me... or you can use vinegar and neutralize the burn.
Narrator: Please let me have it... *Please*!
Tyler Durden: First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
Tyler Durden: [pointing at an emergency instruction manual on a plane] You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?
Narrator: So you can breathe.
Tyler Durden: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.
Narrator: That's, um... That's an interesting theory.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
Tyler Durden: It's getting exciting now, two and one-half. Think of everything we've accomplished, man. Out these windows, we will view the collapse of financial history. One step closer to economic equilibrium.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 08:43:44 PM »
Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »
You're working in a sales environment for less than 8 months....base salary is "okay", commission? Well it's only as good as your monthly sales quota. Let's face it, the market is saturated and the economy is still down the drain. You deal with foreign customers who speaks none to broken English, somewhat American customers but not a lot. Your office Manager and you really don't see eye to eye but just play things cool as politics. Also you're a personal friend of the President of your company. Now what do you do if you're willing to give your 2 weeks notice like yesterday? Start blaming the blame game on the Manager? Complain to your President you're unhappy, or dislike the job due to underpaid, or point fingers at the current economy, etc.

- Discuss

Depends on who other companies might talk to when they check your work history during a pre hire. The manager could fuck you

buresu

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 10:51:39 AM »
cut the carbs increase protein

the trainer

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »
Learn to be a personal trainer the economy is not affecting our paychecks.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
Don't be a fucking salesman.  Yuck.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »
it's funny to think someone like brad pitt played the character of tyler durden..

the irony.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »

- Discuss
;)
F

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 12:37:21 PM »
Learn to be a personal trainer the economy is not affecting our paychecks.

Lol :D

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »
That's called middle class "hard times".

x2
#

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 06:59:25 AM »
I thought this was about taking a really, really hard shit. You know the ones, that have you sqiggling back and forth on the toilet and clenching your jaw...Yeah, a really tough shit that be.