Author Topic: Paul Ryan doesn't know if Romney budget plan will balance the budget.  (Read 2532 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Paul Ryan doesn't know if Romney budget plan will balance the budget.
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 08:43:17 PM »
LOL so he was supposed to refuse stimulus funds and then require his constituents to pay for the funds they refused?

weve been over this cracker jack, the fed govt would still require that the constituents still repay the stimulus money refused.

Also just b/c they havent run the numbers doesnt mean they wont balance the budget.

Balancing the budget is a goal, if their current plan doesnt meet that goal they should change it.

I dont really see the issue there, as long as they continue to try to work towards that end that is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 08:49:56 PM »
LOL so he was supposed to refuse stimulus funds and then require his constituents to pay for the funds they refused?

weve been over this cracker jack, the fed govt would still require that the constituents still repay the stimulus money refused.

Also just b/c they havent run the numbers doesnt mean they wont balance the budget.

Balancing the budget is a goal, if their current plan doesnt meet that goal they should change it.

I dont really see the issue there, as long as they continue to try to work towards that end that is.

Did Paul ryan REQUEST stim funds, tony?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06:17 PM »

didn't you see those letters where Obama begged Ryan to take the money

where he actually said it would stimulate the econony and create jobs

I think he even said "green jobs"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 09:09:20 PM »
WOW - maddow showing Ryan telling cameras this still WILL NOT WORK.

A year later, he goes on the radio in Mass... Ryan says I did not request any stimulus money", word for word.  This was a lie

WSJ revealed his hypocrisy at the time.   it blew over because he was just another congressman from Wisc.

NOW, AP and boston globe have revealed Ryan requested stim $ while denying it.  Not a huge deal, he's playing politics, and that kind of hypocrisy is undertandable.

However, lying about it to the entire country TODAY about it - I dont like that.   Ryan denied it TODAY.  "I dont recall...."
Ryan is one of the smartest guys on the Hill.  

They showed all the letters Ryan had written to dept of labor, dept of energy twice, asking them for stimulus money.   He signed them.  Doesn't remember - I dont think he's being honest there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
Late tonight - new paul ryan Press release.

"After having the letters brought to my request....I checked into them.  I didn't recall them earlier."

PROPS to Paul Ryan for telling the truth on this finally!!!!  Good man.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 06:59:14 AM »
Late tonight - new paul ryan Press release.

"After having the letters brought to my request....I checked into them.  I didn't recall them earlier."

PROPS to Paul Ryan for telling the truth on this finally!!!!  Good man.

Do you believe Paul Ryan that he "forgot"?   He didn't recall them? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 08:41:55 AM »

Do you believe Paul Ryan that he "forgot"?   He didn't recall them? 

Ryan is a rich kid who has absolutely no problem lying when it serves his purpose

do you believe he worshiped Ayn Rand for most of his teenage years and adult life only to discover this year that she's an atheist and go on record with the following statement:  "It’s an atheist philosophy. It reduces human interactions down to mere contracts and it is antithetical to my worldview.”

How could he worshp her all these years and yet be unaware of the basic tenets of her belief system?

I'm sure he loves Any Rand just as much today as he did last year and 10 years ago.   What he discovered is that her philosophy of greed is repulsive to the majority of Americans so he had to publicy reject her.    It's purely in his rational self interest to do so and I'm sure Any Rand would approve of that motivation

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »
LOL - funny you want to hold Ryan to a different standard than the ghetto communist marxist street agitator in the WH 

Ryan is a rich kid who has absolutely no problem lying when it serves his purpose

do you believe he worshiped Ayn Rand for most of his teenage years and adult life only to discover this year that she's an atheist and go on record with the following statement:  "It’s an atheist philosophy. It reduces human interactions down to mere contracts and it is antithetical to my worldview.”

How could he worshp her all these years and yet be unaware of the basic tenets of her belief system?

I'm sure he loves Any Rand just as much today as he did last year and 10 years ago.   What he discovered is that her philosophy of greed is repulsive to the majority of Americans so he had to publicy reject her.    It's purely in his rational self interest to do so and I'm sure Any Rand would approve of that motivation

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 09:13:01 AM »
LOL - funny you want to hold Ryan to a different standard than the ghetto communist marxist street agitator in the WH 

Do you believe Ryan "didn't recall" the answer to a Q he's been asked for 3 straight days, as the media showed proof of his lie 24/7?

Do you believe he's that out of touch?  Or just telling a little lie here?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »
If he had refused, would his constituents still be responsible for paying the money back?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »
If he had refused, would his constituents still be responsible for paying the money back?

I don't see what the 2 have to do with each other... Either you have the principal that the stimulus is wrong, or you do not.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 06:33:21 PM »
I don't see what the 2 have to do with each other... Either you have the principal that the stimulus is wrong, or you do not.

The stimulus was a trap, if you voted for it your an ass, if you vote against it but take the money your an ass. The American people are footing the bill, they may as well get some of it
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »
The stimulus was a trap, if you voted for it your an ass, if you vote against it but take the money your an ass. The American people are footing the bill, they may as well get some of it

Maybe so, but I dislike shit all of the time and I don't go "take it" just because I have to pay for it.

I have NEVER used unemployment and I pay for that shit in my paycheck every week don't I?

I would work a drive though burger place before I did that... Because I have pride.

So I just don't see what that has to do with anything. You have values or you don't.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 06:39:16 PM »
Maybe so, but I dislike shit all of the time and I don't go "take it" just because I have to pay for it.

I have NEVER used unemployment and I pay for that shit in my paycheck every week don't I?

I would work a drive though burger place before I did that... Because I have pride.

So I just don't see what that has to do with anything. You have values or you don't.

Agreed

But he does have to answer to those that elected him, if they want it then he has to take it. I have no proof one way or the other, but like most politicians my guess would be take the money to buy votes
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 07:12:49 PM »

Its a little different when your talking other ppls money Tu.

I agree with you on individual principles, I dont see how anybody with your ethics could have ever voted for obama but thats neither here nor there.

Ryan was supposed to deny his constituents funds that they would still have to pay back?

how do you think that would go over in a re-election campaign?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2012, 11:52:52 PM »

I wouldnt have cared if he had said "I requested the $ - it belonged to these damn people already.  obama took it.  I had to return some of it to the people".

Once the toothpaste is out of the tube (which obama did), you make the best of it. 

LYING about it - that's just a punk move.  Dont do that paul ryan - youre better than that.  People like you because you are viewed as different from obama and romney.  dont  act like them and make these easily provable lies.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2012, 07:48:25 AM »
I wouldnt have cared if he had said "I requested the $ - it belonged to these damn people already.  obama took it.  I had to return some of it to the people".

Once the toothpaste is out of the tube (which obama did), you make the best of it. 

LYING about it - that's just a punk move.  Dont do that paul ryan - youre better than that.  People like you because you are viewed as different from obama and romney.  dont  act like them and make these easily provable lies.

No.   He's not any better than that

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »
Its a little different when your talking other ppls money Tu.

I agree with you on individual principles, I dont see how anybody with your ethics could have ever voted for obama but thats neither here nor there.

Ryan was supposed to deny his constituents funds that they would still have to pay back?

how do you think that would go over in a re-election campaign?

I didn't vote "for Obama"... I vote "against" McCain and the Bush policies he would have continued.... Little did I know that Obama would do the exact same thing. Fooled me once...

This is also why I warn 333332384723746287364 against voting anyone BUT Obama, because you never know how that shit is going to turn out.

Also, I am for a hand UP, NOT a hand OUT... I am all for helping people better themselves and society SHOULD assist in that... BUT, I do not believe in giving people FREE anything... You should earn it. Whether it's education, so you can return the favor and get a better career/business and in turn repay that into the society through taxes/charities/what have you, or if it's something like WIC where society keeps kids from starving and the premise that the parents will make THEM productive members of society who will then contribute positively.

The welfare LEECHES and the people who have no desire to BETTER themselves or their families and instead are more than content to have someone pay for their lives forever... Those are the people I do not respect and dislike.

As I said, a hand UP, not a HAND OUT.

None the less... back to the topic at hand.

Yes... Ryan should have, on an individual basis, sat down with his constituency and said... look... I get that this money is going to have to be "paid back" and right now, you're on the hook for it like every other US citizen, but let's keep OUR integrity. Let's us, as a group, tell Obama that we do not NEED his help.

Also, he could have gone back later and said, you know what... We didn't take that stimulus money and we DO NOT have to pay for it... Would it work? Maybe not... BUT he would have that argument and it would have been valid.

Now he can't say anything and it makes him look bad and even if he really didn't want the money, he can't say he didn't support it in some way with any form of integrity.

That's just my opinion though.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 07:07:55 PM »
Agreed

But he does have to answer to those that elected him, if they want it then he has to take it. I have no proof one way or the other, but like most politicians my guess would be take the money to buy votes

X2