Author Topic: Paul Ryan doesn't know if Romney budget plan will balance the budget.  (Read 2533 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Romney is telling america he can balance the budget - but he hasn't even run the number yet.  WTF? ???????????

"We Haven't Run The Numbers:" A Startling Ryan Admission That's Getting Little Attention

(Media Matters) Last night, newly ensconced Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan sat down for his first solo interview with Fox News' Brit Hume and let slip an admission about Mitt Romney's budget plan -- an admission that's receiving surprisingly little press attention. Asked by Hume when the Romney plan would balance the budget, Ryan said he didn't know because "we haven't run the numbers on that specific plan."
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/15/we-havent-run-the-numbers-a-startling-ryan-admi/189369

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Paul Ryan doesn't know if Romney budget plan will balance the budget.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:48:08 AM »
Romney is telling america he can balance the budget - but he hasn't even run the number yet.  WTF? ???????????

"We Haven't Run The Numbers:" A Startling Ryan Admission That's Getting Little Attention

(Media Matters) Last night, newly ensconced Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan sat down for his first solo interview with Fox News' Brit Hume and let slip an admission about Mitt Romney's budget plan -- an admission that's receiving surprisingly little press attention. Asked by Hume when the Romney plan would balance the budget, Ryan said he didn't know because "we haven't run the numbers on that specific plan."http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/15/we-havent-run-the-numbers-a-startling-ryan-admi/189369

maybe Romney and Ryan should spend the weekend crunching some number because neither of them seems to know what's in the other persons plan and neither of them have much details in their own plans

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:55 AM »
maybe Romney and Ryan should spend the weekend crunching some number because neither of them seems to know what's in the other persons plan and neither of them have much details in their own plans

oh, that's right - Romney did say he didn't know the difference earlier this week.  now Ryan can't even vouch for the romney plan.

Seems unusual he would be giving speeches and trying to sell a plan he can't even vouch for.

Watch - his next speech will START with "this romney plan will balance the budget!" and it'll be all the evidence that repubs need to believe in it.  He was honest in his initial assessment of the bill, he knows the numbers better than most in congress.  - that honesty won't happen again ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 07:57:44 AM »
oh, that's right - Romney did say he didn't know the difference earlier this week.  now Ryan can't even vouch for the romney plan.

Seems unusual he would be giving speeches and trying to sell a plan he can't even vouch for.

Watch - his next speech will START with "this romney plan will balance the budget!" and it'll be all the evidence that repubs need to believe in it.  He was honest in his initial assessment of the bill, he knows the numbers better than most in congress.  - that honesty won't happen again ;)

don't forget - both Romney and Ryan are supposed to be the "#'s guys"

I wonder if Ryan even know how long it will take for his own crazy plan to balance the budget ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:01:34 AM »
don't forget - both Romney and Ryan are supposed to be the "#'s guys"

I wonder if Ryan even know how long it will take for his own crazy plan to balance the budget ?

They use their economic prowess to make up for their lack of military/foreign experience.

Methinks they all know the truth - budget will never be balanced.  This is all about which portion of american population gets more of the money while we just sustain debt.  Ryan/Romney want to give it to rich.  Obama wants to give it to poor.  Period.

I admit this does look bad - neither of these "numbers guys" knows the numbers.  But today they'll reassure voters who will forgive these honest statments.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
They use their economic prowess to make up for their lack of military/foreign experience.

Methinks they all know the truth - budget will never be balanced.  This is all about which portion of american population gets more of the money while we just sustain debt.  Ryan/Romney want to give it to rich.  Obama wants to give it to poor.  Period.

I admit this does look bad - neither of these "numbers guys" knows the numbers.  But today they'll reassure voters who will forgive these honest statments.

Thank you.

Funny how the debt was never brought up during Bush when he started 2 wars and gave tax breaks for the rich. Then Obama becomes POTUS and all of a sudden the GOP cant stop whining about the debt ::)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 08:06:51 AM »

Dude fuck off, its not now or has it ever been the governments job to re-distribute wealth. In the mean time you just ignore the fact that the current POTUS hasn't had an actual budget in forever. He has no plan to balance the budget only promise "free" shit to people. Increase the size of government and take away the burden of you having to actually think for yourself.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 08:11:31 AM »
Dude fuck off, its not now or has it ever been the governments job to re-distribute wealth. In the mean time you just ignore the fact that the current POTUS hasn't had an actual budget in forever. He has no plan to balance the budget only promise "free" shit to people. Increase the size of government and take away the burden of you having to actually think for yourself.

You could argue that taxes is an re-distribution of wealth.

You are talking about the middleages not a modern society

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:16:12 AM »
You could argue that taxes is an re-distribution of wealth.

You are talking about the middleages not a modern society

No taxes are supposed to pay for the things the government is constitutionally mandated to do. Military ......

Middle ages my ass ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 08:26:08 AM »

No taxes are supposed to pay for the things the government is constitutionally mandated to do. Military ......

Middle ages my ass ::)

Military for protection that is not the army we have now.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 08:36:42 AM »
Military for protection that is not the army we have now.

Do you have a point with all this? It's apparent you have never actually read the constitution.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 08:39:52 AM »
Do you have a point with all this? It's apparent you have never actually read the constitution.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Doesnt that include health care?:)

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Doesnt that include health care?:)

Why would it include healthcare? "The General Welfare of the United States" as in the country not the individual, there is a reason the 10th Amendment exists
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 08:44:37 AM »
Why would it include healthcare? "The General Welfare of the United States" as in the country not the individual, there is a reason the 10th Amendment exists

Isnt the country the sum of it citizens?

If the people of the US are healthy doesnt that make the country healthy?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »
Isnt the country the sum of it citizens?

If the people of the US are healthy doesnt that make the country healthy?

I really don't know what is so hard to understand about this, the federal governments job is to ensure the security and stability of the United States. The constitution is written that powers not specifically enumerated to the federal government are decided by the individual states. Health care is not and has never been an enumerated power of the federal government.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »
I really don't know what is so hard to understand about this, the federal governments job is to ensure the security and stability of the United States. The constitution is written that powers not specifically enumerated to the federal government are decided by the individual states. Health care is not and has never been an enumerated power of the federal government.

Why not?

Isnt the general welfare of the US directly related to the health conditions and knowledge of it citizens?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 08:56:30 AM »
Why not?

Isnt the general welfare of the US directly related to the health conditions and knowledge of it citizens?

No it is about the entity "The United States of America"
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 08:58:20 AM »
No it is about the entity "The United States of America"

Yes but if the citizens of the US is in crap medical condition doesnt that weaken the country big time?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
Yes but if the citizens of the US is in crap medical condition doesnt that weaken the country big time?

Then the states need to deal with that, providing "free" medical care doesn't mean that it's free or good. And it doesn't mean people are going to be healthy. Look at most people, they are fat and out of shape, getting "free" healthcare isn't going to change people's life style. Most of the fat fuckers I see at the grocery store could use a dose of going hungry for a while
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 09:12:33 AM »

The federal goverment first got involved in healthcare of private citizens in 1798

These were privately owned vessels with private employees and the goverment required payment each month for the purpose of providing medical care  for sick and injured seaman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Act_for_the_relief_of_sick_and_disabled_seamen

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 11:43:10 AM »
The federal goverment first got involved in healthcare of private citizens in 1798

These were privately owned vessels with private employees and the goverment required payment each month for the purpose of providing medical care  for sick and injured seaman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Act_for_the_relief_of_sick_and_disabled_seamen

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/does-that-1798-act-make-obamacare-constitutional/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 11:50:19 AM »
I don't even know how anyone can argue Obamacare's constitutionality... It's already been deemed so.

It's a shit policy... I agree that Single Payer option would have been much better, but it's certainly constitutional... The Judicial branch of our government says so.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:14 AM »
http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/does-that-1798-act-make-obamacare-constitutional/

I wonder what the professor thinks about the SC decision upholding the healthcare legislation

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
I wonder what the professor thinks about the SC decision upholding the healthcare legislation

Don't know, but it is only upheld because they defined the mandate a tax. Now if the government can tax inactivity we are truly fucked. Also if I was Romney/Ryan I would be screaming it from the roof tops.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »
Presented with letters, Ryan admits requesting stimulus funds

After repeated denials, Paul Ryan has admitted he requested stimulus cash even after sharply criticizing the program.

Ryan had denied doing so as recently as Wednesday, when he spoke to ABC’s Cincinnati affiliate, WCPO, in Ohio.

“I never asked for stimulus,” Ryan said. “I don’t recall… so I really can’t comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn’t work, it didn’t work.”

Two years ago, during an interview on WBZ’s NewsRadio he was asked by a caller if he “accepted any money” into his district. Ryan said he did not.

“I’m not one people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money,” the congressman answered.

But as we’ve now learned, Ryan did write letters. He did request stimulus funds.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/presented-with-letters-ryan-admits-requesting-stimulus-cash/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article links to pdf with four letters from Paul Ryan to Steven Chu begging for government money