Author Topic: Britain threatens to storm Ecuador embassy to get Assange  (Read 905 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Britain threatens to storm Ecuador embassy to get Assange
« on: August 16, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »
wow...

http://news.yahoo.com/britain-threatens-storm-ecuador-embassy-assange-011431990.html?_esi=1

I returned to the UK today to be astonished by private confirmation from within the FCO that the UK government has indeed decided – after immense pressure from the Obama administration – to enter the Ecuadorean Embassy and seize Julian Assange.

This will be, beyond any argument, a blatant breach of the Vienna Convention of 1961, to which the UK is one of the original parties and which encodes the centuries – arguably millennia – of practice which have enabled diplomatic relations to function. The Vienna Convention is the most subscribed single international treaty in the world.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article32198.htm

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Britain threatens to storm Ecuador embassy to get Assange
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
Hmmmmm wonder what Assange has that Obama fears, maybe some info on some backroom deals in Mexico?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
Will people be ok with storming embassies now?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

Not if they want any semblance of diplomatic relations, the Brits are taking a big chance here.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »
I hope he has some hidden cables somewhere to unleash on all these lying theiving politicians  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
Not if they want any semblance of diplomatic relations, the Brits are taking a big chance here.
I agree.

I don't think they're going to do it.  They probably just wanted to get them to turn him over.   And lol, he might be stuck in that embassy for a long ass time.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »
I hope he has some hidden cables somewhere to unleash on all these lying theiving politicians  

Well he has something if the Brits are willing to jeopardize diplomatic relations ( the embassy is sovereign land) with another country.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 02:11:58 PM »
I agree.

I don't think they're going to do it.  They probably just wanted to get them to turn him over.   And lol, he might be stuck in that embassy for a long ass time.

Possibly, but what does he have that is scaring the crap out of the US and the Brits?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »
Possibly, but what does he have that is scaring the crap out of the US and the Brits?
I think they would go after him like this for what he's already put out.  He's said he has a lot more shit.  He'll have the capacity to release info even if we do get him and he'll probably use that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »
I think they would go after him like this for what he's already put out.  He's said he has a lot more shit.  He'll have the capacity to release info even if we do get him and he'll probably use that.

Maybe he located the long form BC? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:35 PM »
Maybe he located the long form BC? 
Let me know when we're even ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 07:40:50 PM »

How do you feel about the Iranians storming ours? Or the Egyptians trying to last year?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 07:50:10 PM »
How do you feel about the Iranians storming ours? Or the Egyptians trying to last year?
Kill em' all.

As for the UK, it would be fucked for them to do something like that.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 07:59:47 PM »
This guy has always struck me as useless. All their stuff came from Bradley Manning and they haven't brought anything to the table since. And I don't think their cash flow problems are the cause of it as it's not like it takes a lot of money to run a website and upload stuff given to you for free.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 08:18:32 PM »
A bad precedent...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »
LOL, do you think I'm for it? duh...

Oh I know where this is going, (why didn't I bitch about it when they...)  Yea actually I have bitched about the hordes trying to run over, invade or destroy our embassies.  Yea I know there is a history of this.  I also know it's not a good idea and will not result in any positive outcome and if the UK or USA starts setting that kind of example, it's all over.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 04:12:05 AM »
LOL, do you think I'm for it? duh...

Oh I know where this is going, (why didn't I bitch about it when they...)  Yea actually I have bitched about the hordes trying to run over, invade or destroy our embassies.  Yea I know there is a history of this.  I also know it's not a good idea and will not result in any positive outcome and if the UK or USA starts setting that kind of example, it's all over.
Correct.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Statement on U.K. intentions and pressures prior to Ecuadorian embassy siege
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
Statement on U.K. intentions and pressures prior to Ecuadorian embassy siege

Thursday 24th August, 01:00 BST

Formal statement by Craig Murray former U.K. Ambassador and career diplomat, August 23, 2012, on the Ecuadorian embassy siege in London.

My name is Craig John Murray. I am a retired British diplomat. I was a member of Her Majesty’s Diplomatic Service for over 20 years, and a member of the Senior Management Structure of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for over six years.

As anybody who works a long time in any one organisation, I have a great many friends there, some of whom are now very senior officials. And as is natural, they sometimes discuss matters with their old colleague.

I arrived in the UK from a trip abroad on 15 August 2012 and was immediately contacted by a very senior official within the Foreign and Commonwealth Office who was very concerned. He had knowledge that an attempt by the British authorities to force entry to the Embassy of Ecuador was possibly imminent. I suggested that this must be impossible, and he said that unfortunately it was not. He said that he had been party to formal discussions over a three week period between different British government departments on the legality of such a move. It had concluded that the provisions of the Diplomatic Premises Act of 1987 gave the authorities the domestic power to do this, in spite of the Vienna Convention of 1961.

My ex-colleague went on to say that he understood the government intended to act quickly to pre-empt any grant of political asylum to Mr Assange by the government of Ecuador. If there were any formal international recognition of Mr Assange as a political refugee, it might complicate matters.

He also said there was tremendous discomfort at this development within the British diplomatic service because of the potential exposure of British embassies and diplomats abroad to similar action.

I asked how on earth such an illegal decision could have been reached. My ex-colleague said that political pressure exerted by the administration of the United States of America on Mr William Hague and Mr David Cameron had outweighed the views of British diplomats.

I published a brief account of this conversation on my blog the following morning, in an effort to add to the pressures which might avert the government from such an illegal act.

About Craig Murray: http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/about-craig-murray/

Article posted from: http://wikileaks.org/Statement-on-U-K-intentions-and.html

Interesting isn't it? Wow storming an embassy just to "interview" a man for having consentual sex with 2 different women who didn't know about each other. Seems a bit excessive doesn't it? lol. kind of puts things in perspective don'tcha think?

One can release top military secrets in a time of war, ...but threaten to release secrets on a big US bank (aka the real power that pulls the strings in Washington) and you'll be charged with rape, put under house arrest indefinitely, and countries become willing to put their own diplomats at risk, violate a nation's sovereignty as well as the Vienna Convention, ...all to silence one man permit detectives to interview him about whether he had consentual sex with 2 women who knew nothing about the existence of the other.

So what's the lesson here: Boys, keep it in your pants. Either that, or have sex with other men, ...just like the republicans (sorry couldn't resist)
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »
Hmmmmm wonder what Assange has that Obama fears, maybe some info on some backroom deals in Mexico?

From what I've read, he's got it set up so that the information will flow regardless of whether or not he's arrested, or dead.