Author Topic: 297-lb Texas boy too big to play peewee football  (Read 4529 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
297-lb Texas boy too big to play peewee football
« on: August 16, 2012, 07:51:31 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120816/FBH.Peewee.Football.Giant/

MESQUITE, Texas — A suburban Dallas boy has been barred from playing peewee football because the league says he is just too big at nearly 300 pounds.

Mesquite Pee Wee Football Association President Ronnie Henderson said the rules are clear and 12-year-old Elijah Earnheart is not eligible. The 6-foot-1-inch boy exceeds the 135-pound limit for seventh-graders, and he got the bad news last Sunday when the league held its official weigh-in.

Henderson said he asked Elijah whether he was in sixth or seventh grade, then told him "no need going" any further.

Cindy Earnheart, the boy's mother, said she was incensed and Elijah was humiliated.

"They would not even let him weigh in on the scales like every single boy out there," she said. "He might be the size of a grown man but he's 12 years old and he has feelings, too."

Elijah, who describes himself as a "gentle giant" and dreams of someday playing pro football, said the turn of events was unfair.

"I'm not sad, I'm mad that I don't get to play," Elijah said. "I've been practicing for three weeks."

Henderson said three other boys were turned away that day because of safety concerns for other players.

"We've got little boys that play against him that are 85, 95 and 100 pounds," Henderson said. "We have to look out for all the kids, not just him."

Cindy Earnheart said her son was feeling self-conscious about his size until he discovered peewee football. His barber happened to coach a team, the Mesquite Vikings, and suggested the boy join. Coach Marc Wright said a passage in the rulebook seemed to indicate that youths who weigh more than 135 pounds could play, but only on the offensive or defensive line.

At his physical last month, Elijah's doctor said he weighed 297 pounds and stood 6-feet-1 1/2 inches tall. His mother said they special-ordered his helmet, shoulder pads, pants and jersey because of his size, which she said is hereditary in her family.

Elijah took the practice field, looming over boys more than half his size, and was thrilled..

When he's playing football Elijah said, "I feel energetic. I feel happy."

He practiced with the Vikings for three weeks and even took part in a scrimmage. Then came the weigh-in.

Henderson said the exception in the rulebook was meant for sixth-graders who can weigh as much as 160 pounds. He suggested Elijah play for his middle school team, but the boy doesn't have much football experience and was hoping to feel his way in peewee first.

Cindy Earnheart said barring her son was discrimination.

"No one is telling boys who are too thin or too small that they can't play football," she said. "Why tell my kid he's too big?

She added: "Isn't bigger better in football? Football is a contact sport. If you don't want your son tackled, get him off the field."

MikMaq

Re: 297-lb Texas boy too big to play peewee football
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »
135 pound limit for someone that is 13 years of age what kind of beta fucking football are these kids playing. ??? ??? ??? ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 08:12:41 PM »
6 foot 2, 300 pounds... 12 years old...

He can rest assured the NFL payday he sees one day will make it worth it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »

He can rest assured the NFL payday he sees one day will make it worth it.
Dead before 18 and the media will blame the caffiene that increased his heart rate and made it dangerous for him to be running around playing football.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »
he will surely have major health problems later in life.  I used to teach middle school and there were some kids that had what looked to be legit NBA or NFL frames by 8th grade, age 14-15. 

300 pounds at 12 though... that seems beyond comprehension, he may not be the athletic type at that size.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
I remember back in the peewee days they used to have a 100 pound limit on running backs and it was always that 99.5 lb kid who was running all the other kids over left and right.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »
Why is he wasting his time trying to be a pro football player. Should set his goals on becoming an IFBB pro.

X

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
Why is he wasting his time trying to be a pro football player. Should set his goals on becoming an IFBB pro.

Have you looked at his pictures? He does not have the bone structure. Big elephant bones.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »
Nation of fag pussies.  Pathetic fucking wimp sissies.
Y

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 09:44:11 PM »
Have you looked at his pictures? He does not have the bone structure. Big elephant bones.

And how is that any different from the other IFBB pros with shitty bone structures (heath, branch)?  :D
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 09:50:59 PM »
When he gets to High School he's going to get some dumbshit coach who's going to run him to DEATH during two-a-days in the Texas heat.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 09:52:34 PM »
When he gets to High School he's going to get some dumbshit coach who's going to run him to DEATH during two-a-days in the Texas heat.

Yes, because you're the only trainer who supposedly knows what they are doing  ::) ::). What makes you so certain that a high school coach is going to do this?
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 10:02:39 PM »
Yes, because you're the only trainer who supposedly knows what they are doing  ::) ::). What makes you so certain that a high school coach is going to do this?

Because most do. You need to learn the difference between a strength and conditioning coach and a FOOTBALL coach.....son! But wait, I forgot...YOU'RE the expert, right????

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »
Because most do. You need to learn the difference between a strength and conditioning coach and a FOOTBALL coach.....son! But wait, I forgot...YOU'RE the expert, right????

haha, because every single football coach knows nothing about strength and conditioning  ::). Plus, if its a team with a good income(perhaps a team from a rich neighborhood) they may have a strength and conditioning coach, and if they do, I am sure he would not allow the coach to do what youre suggesting.

But I forgot, you're the only trainer who supposedly knows what he is doing  ::) ::)
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »
haha, because every single football coach knows nothing about strength and conditioning  ::). Plus, if its a team with a good income(perhaps a team from a rich neighborhood) they may have a strength and conditioning coach, and if they do, I am sure he would not allow the coach to do what youre suggesting.

But I forgot, you're the only trainer who supposedly knows what he is doing  ::) ::)

You're related to Joe Biden aren't you?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 10:10:44 PM »
You're related to Joe Biden aren't you?

evading the topic because you know youre wrong. I bet there are tons of football coaches who could train most football players better than you.  :D :D

Maybe you need to pray harder for more knowledge about strength and conditioning  :D :D
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »
evading the topic because you know youre wrong. I bet there are tons of football coaches who could train most football players better than you.  :D :D

Maybe you need to pray harder for more knowledge about strength and conditioning  :D :D

Probably..but trust me when I say the odds are in my favor. As far as the highlighted....try me. I gave you a scenario some months back, but regardless...fuck you.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 10:20:01 PM »
Probably..but trust me when I say the odds are in my favor. As far as the highlighted....try me. I gave you a scenario some months back, but regardless...fuck you.

Odda are in your favor? Why? Give me a reason as to why the odds are in your favor? You spew a bunch of nonsense without ever really backing it up.
X

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 10:28:35 PM »

On this point you are very correct...some high school football coaches actually don't believe in heart rate monitors for their charges, and they overtax the kids.

Also...he is twice the size of the other kids...He could kill/permanently injure one of them...It's called peewee for a reason.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »

I remember two-a-days that shit was brutal!  Everybody was throwing up!

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 03:07:38 AM »
135 lbs for a 7th grader? is that a twink school ???

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 03:10:41 AM »

Da fuck ?  ???

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 03:11:30 AM »
Nearly 300lbs at 12!!! He must be fat as fuck

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 03:25:25 AM »
Nearly 300lbs at 12!!! He must be fat as fuck
The boy in question

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 03:26:00 AM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120816/FBH.Peewee.Football.Giant/

MESQUITE, Texas — A suburban Dallas boy has been barred from playing peewee football because the league says he is just too big at nearly 300 pounds.

Mesquite Pee Wee Football Association President Ronnie Henderson said the rules are clear and 12-year-old Elijah Earnheart is not eligible. The 6-foot-1-inch boy exceeds the 135-pound limit for seventh-graders, and he got the bad news last Sunday when the league held its official weigh-in.

Henderson said he asked Elijah whether he was in sixth or seventh grade, then told him "no need going" any further.

Cindy Earnheart, the boy's mother, said she was incensed and Elijah was humiliated.

"They would not even let him weigh in on the scales like every single boy out there," she said. "He might be the size of a grown man but he's 12 years old and he has feelings, too."

Elijah, who describes himself as a "gentle giant" and dreams of someday playing pro football, said the turn of events was unfair.

"I'm not sad, I'm mad that I don't get to play," Elijah said. "I've been practicing for three weeks."

Henderson said three other boys were turned away that day because of safety concerns for other players.

"We've got little boys that play against him that are 85, 95 and 100 pounds," Henderson said. "We have to look out for all the kids, not just him."

Cindy Earnheart said her son was feeling self-conscious about his size until he discovered peewee football. His barber happened to coach a team, the Mesquite Vikings, and suggested the boy join. Coach Marc Wright said a passage in the rulebook seemed to indicate that youths who weigh more than 135 pounds could play, but only on the offensive or defensive line.

At his physical last month, Elijah's doctor said he weighed 297 pounds and stood 6-feet-1 1/2 inches tall. His mother said they special-ordered his helmet, shoulder pads, pants and jersey because of his size, which she said is hereditary in her family.

Elijah took the practice field, looming over boys more than half his size, and was thrilled..

When he's playing football Elijah said, "I feel energetic. I feel happy."

He practiced with the Vikings for three weeks and even took part in a scrimmage. Then came the weigh-in.

Henderson said the exception in the rulebook was meant for sixth-graders who can weigh as much as 160 pounds. He suggested Elijah play for his middle school team, but the boy doesn't have much football experience and was hoping to feel his way in peewee first.

Cindy Earnheart said barring her son was discrimination.

"No one is telling boys who are too thin or too small that they can't play football," she said. "Why tell my kid he's too big?

She added: "Isn't bigger better in football? Football is a contact sport. If you don't want your son tackled, get him off the field."

Fuck him and the mom and that kids feelings.   She's whining over some bullshit knowing that her fat ass son could seriously hurt a smaller kid out there.  She's doing this to try to sue or something.  Its called the pee wee league and he ain't pee wee....he needs to take his ass to the middle school league    
A