Author Topic: Is nolva really neccesary for sust deca cycle?  (Read 4533 times)

Dave Jones

Is nolva really neccesary for sust deca cycle?
« on: November 15, 2005, 10:04:54 AM »
Is nolva really neccesary for sust deca cycle, someone at my gym said not to bother with nolva as sust and deca wont hold much water,what do you guys reckon?
thanks

big-bri

• Getbig II
  • Yeah Buddy!
Re: Is nolva really neccesary for sust deca cycle?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 02:01:23 PM »
Have some on hand incase you get estrogenic sides. I don't see the need to run it the whole cycle though. If you feel the need to run something the whole cycle I'd suggest Arimidex.

dave Jones

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 02:25:08 PM »
Is it true that nolvadex decreases the gains from gear?

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 03:13:29 PM »
Nolva doesn't decrease gains per se, just maybe some of the water retention.  As such, keep it on hand in case you do get some gyno, and run it at the end of the cycle (40mg for 2 weeks, then 20mg for 4 weeks or so should be fine).  I would personally consider hcg at 500IU every 5 days during the cycle, run until 2 weeks after your last test shot.  Also, I would recommend stopping the deca 1-2 weeks before the test.

What dosages of test and deca are we talking about here?

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 03:26:49 PM »
I would ALWAYS use EA or EB with Test/Deca
. . . . NOT EVEN A QUESTION . . .
but, I typically am tender (nip wise)
I also want to elimanate bloat

I have been advised NOT to use Nolvadex
when using HgH - as they may compete
for receptors, something to that effect . . .

I always use Hgh with my cycles . . .

I have gotten improved results past 2 cycles
using Arimidex in place of Nolvadex
1 life 1 liver

LeePriestLover

• Getbig II
  • ---LPL---
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 03:54:13 PM »
I have gotten improved results past 2 cycles
using Arimidex in place of Nolvadex

Hi,

I'm just curious.  What do you mean by improved results?  Have you gotten gyno on Nolvadex?  I'm not sure what you mean by better results.  Less water retention?  What exactly .  I never used Armidex ... Heard there are lots of sides.  Is this true?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 06:15:45 PM »
Have some on hand incase you get estrogenic sides. I don't see the need to run it the whole cycle though. If you feel the need to run something the whole cycle I'd suggest Arimidex.
I agree, arimidex is a much better choice through the entire cycle. I'd say 25-50mg ed.

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 11:43:50 AM »

I'm just curious.  What do you mean by improved results?  Have you gotten gyno on Nolvadex? 
I'm not sure what you mean by better results.  Less water retention?  What exactly . 
I never used Armidex ... Heard there are lots of sides.  Is this true?

I believe that Arimidex IS NOT interfering with HgH (competing at receptor level)
and HgH is working much better at the same baseline doses. Major changes in my
pyhsique in this cycle, in addition to added size. Others (in gym) have approached
me and commented on this. EG: better seperation in muscle heads and shape, in
addition to size. Fewer *lagging* body parts . . . .

And in spite of significantly (2.5x) higher test dosing, I have not smoothed out,
even with transition (mid cycle) from Sustenon to Cypionate. NO roundness in my face
and I really am also noticing major reduction in (already low) body fat . . .

Side effects with Arimidex ??? I never have felt that was the case . . .
they appear to be fewer than with Nolvadex to me . . .
1 life 1 liver

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 09:08:36 PM »

Necessary?  No.

A good Precaution?  Yes.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 09:55:51 PM »
You really have to know (whether or not) if you are prone to acquiring gyno in the first place, and the real only way to know is to start a cycle without it. Then if you are feeling symptoms, i.e. tenderness directly under the nipples, which would be followed by downright soreness, which would then be followed by being able to feel a "lump" or a small "growth" with your fingers, and ultimately a visible enlargement in (usually right below) the nipple. Kind of like Div said, have it as a precaution, but I discovered through my early trial and error days, that you better catch it REAL early, and make sure that you block or inhibit any more estrogen from aromatising. If you don't want to find out whether or not you are gyno-prone, then you better use the anti e, or e blocker from week 2 all of the way through, and even 3 weeks after. IMO I belive that you may be a tad bit weaker with the Anti-E, but on the take side, you do look better because you are dryer. 
Cam ad mi

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 11:53:38 AM »
You really have to know (whether or not) if you are prone to acquiring gyno in the first place, and the real only way to know is to start a cycle without it. Then if you are feeling symptoms, i.e. tenderness directly under the nipples, which would be followed by downright soreness, which would then be followed by being able to feel a "lump" or a small "growth" with your fingers, and ultimately a visible enlargement in (usually right below) the nipple. Kind of like Div said, have it as a precaution, but I discovered through my early trial and error days, that you better catch it REAL early, and make sure that you block or inhibit any more estrogen from aromatising. If you don't want to find out whether or not you are gyno-prone, then you better use the anti e, or e blocker from week 2 all of the way through, and even 3 weeks after. IMO I belive that you may be a tad bit weaker with the Anti-E, but on the take side, you do look better because you are dryer. 

Agree

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 04:59:11 PM »
Nolva doesn't decrease gains per se, just maybe some of the water retention.  As such, keep it on hand in case you do get some gyno, and run it at the end of the cycle (40mg for 2 weeks, then 20mg for 4 weeks or so should be fine).  I would personally consider hcg at 500IU every 5 days during the cycle, run until 2 weeks after your last test shot.  Also, I would recommend stopping the deca 1-2 weeks before the test.

What dosages of test and deca are we talking about here?

Nolva has been shown to decrease IGF1 levels by a substantial amount. Marble did a bunch of research on this, I think the thread was titled "are you taking too much nolva?"

Think of nolva as a modern day clomid, just use it PCT. An aromatase inhibitor is much better while on.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 07:50:45 PM »
Nolva has been shown to decrease IGF1 levels by a substantial amount. Marble did a bunch of research on this, I think the thread was titled "are you taking too much nolva?"

Think of nolva as a modern day clomid, just use it PCT. An aromatase inhibitor is much better while on.

Damn......that goes against common thinking on this.....

So stick with Arimidex for the duration and fu.ck Nolvadex?

How much does it decrease IGF-1 levels by if you remember?

DIV

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 09:01:54 PM »
I agree, arimidex is a much better choice through the entire cycle. I'd say 25-50mg ed.

Uhhh.......

25-50mg of Arimidex ED???  Confusing it w/ Nolvadex, maybe?

.5-1mg EOD of Arimidex is plenty most of the time.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 09:48:31 PM »

Uhhh.......

25-50mg of Arimidex ED???  Confusing it w/ Nolvadex, maybe?

.5-1mg EOD of Arimidex is plenty most of the time.

Yeah......he meant Nolvadex.

1MG Arimidex EOD is fine.......

I think from now on I'll cut out the Novladex till PCT and stay with the Arimidex.

DIV

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 04:57:11 PM »
Damn......that goes against common thinking on this.....

So stick with Arimidex for the duration and fu.ck Nolvadex?

How much does it decrease IGF-1 levels by if you remember?

DIV
Yeah I tried to get that thread but it is gone  :(

I remember the reasearch said 47% reduction of IGF-1 at 20mg of nolva per day. 

You see IGF-1 is involved in tumor growth (another reason it is risky to take) and guess what nolva is really made to combat?...thats right breast cancer tumors.  Estrogen is also important for IGF-1 production.  Nolva works to lower IGF-1 this way.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 09:40:04 PM »
Yeah I tried to get that thread but it is gone  :(

I remember the reasearch said 47% reduction of IGF-1 at 20mg of nolva per day. 

You see IGF-1 is involved in tumor growth (another reason it is risky to take) and guess what nolva is really made to combat?...thats right breast cancer tumors.  Estrogen is also important for IGF-1 production.  Nolva works to lower IGF-1 this way.

I see your point, Bro.

It's fatalistic.......if you are predisposed to cancer, you will get it regardless.......just a matter of time.

It is what it is.......

DIV