Author Topic: Romney Charitable Giving Has Vastly Outpaced Obama’s  (Read 5598 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Romney Charitable Giving Has Vastly Outpaced Obama’s
« on: August 17, 2012, 11:35:41 AM »
Follows the pattern of, on balance, conservatives being more charitable than liberals.

Romney Charitable Giving Has Vastly Outpaced Obama’s
by KEITH KOFFLER on AUGUST 17, 2012

The Obama campaign is assailing Gov. Mitt Romney for failing to release his taxes and for paying only around a 15 percent rate, but it fails to note one of the reasons for Romney’s relatively moderate payment: He donates enormous sums of tax-deductible money to charity.

In fact, during a comparable period before Obama and Romney were running for president, Romney’s giving probably was at least ten times Obama’s as a percentage of their incomes, and possibly much more.

Romney has stated that he has long given at least 10 percent of his earnings to his Mormon church. Assuming this is true – and he’d probably have to be classified as a pathological liar if it’s not – the Romneys’ giving has dwarfed that of the Obamas, whose charitable contributions only increased in direct proportion to President Obama’s political activity.

According to an analysis of Obama’s tax returns by White House Dossier, the Obamas in the five years from 2000 to 2004 gave only in the range of 0.4 percent to 1.4 percent of their adjusted gross income to charity.

And the Obamas were hardly paupers during these years, most of which show earnings of well over $200,000. They gave less than the average for that income range, which has been estimated at close to 3 percent.

In 2005, Obama’s first year as a U.S. senator, the Obamas upped their giving to 4.7 percent of income. His income also raced up to $1.66 million owing to his celebrity-induced book sales. But the increase in giving is more likely related to Obama’s political ambitions, since on average those who make more than $1 million don’t donate much more as a percentage of their income than those making in the $200,000 range.

Even in the the years he was running for president, Obama gave less than Romney has in the past two years. The Obamas’ giving totaled 5.8 percent of income in 2007, when he made $4.1 million, and 6.5 percent of the $2.6 million he earned in 2008.

Romney’s estimated 2011 tax return shows he gave 19.2 percent of his income to charity, while his 2010 return puts his giving at 13.8 percent of his income.

Only in the past two years have the Obamas finally started giving comprable amounts, donating 14 percent of their income in 2010 and 21.8 percent in 2011.

Meanwhile, Vice President Biden has not allowed political considerations to affect his stinginess. The Bidens gave 1.5 percent of their income to charity in 2011.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Romney Charitable Giving Has Vastly Outpaced Obama’s
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
Other than taking Romneys word on his charitable giving, how do we know that it's actually true

Romney has a track record when it comes to lying about his taxes so only a fool would take his word on the subject

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 11:41:59 AM »
Other than taking Romneys word on his charitable giving, how do we know that it's actually true

Romney has a track record when it comes to lying about his taxes so only a fool would take his word on the subject

LOL from an obamabot 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:44:55 AM »
LOL from an obamabot  

when did I mention Obama ?

btw - since when do truly religious people brag about donating to their church

I wouldn't be suprised if Romney donations are set up so that the church turns around and spends the money in a way that directly benefits Romney

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »

Charity and non profit organizations don't mean shit really.....there's a number of charities that are in reality, political think tanks and lobbying organizations. 

Now, if he released his tax forms, we would know exactly what organizations he donated too.... ::)
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »
Charity and non profit organizations don't mean shit really.....there's a number of charities that are in reality, political think tanks and lobbying organizations. 

Now, if he released his tax forms, we would know exactly what organizations he donated too.... ::)

If Gaybama released his college records we would know if he was a foreign exchange student, whether he failed out, got horrible grades, etc. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
I thought it wasn't important to Jesus for a man to brag about his donations?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »

I see how this works, the left accuses romney of something and its up to romney to prove them wrong.

Romney claims something and its up to him to prove it right.

Very clever trick you libtards do there...::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »
I see how this works, the left accuses romney of something and its up to romney to prove them wrong.

Romney claims something and its up to him to prove it right.

Very clever trick you libtards do there...::)

Isn't that what Birthers did to Obama?

They accuse him of being ineligible and hound him SO long that he HAS to release his Birth Certificate?

Sounds about the same to me anyway.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 05:38:32 PM »
Isn't that what Birthers did to Obama?

They accuse him of being ineligible and hound him SO long that he HAS to release his Birth Certificate?

Sounds about the same to me anyway.
yup and just like I said if there was any truth to it someone would have come forward with the evidence.

You think Hilary wouldnt have pinned obamas ass to the wall if she could have with that?

Same with romney and his taxes...

I never agreed with the birther movement so I dont know why your bringing this to me.

If you disagreed with that then logically you should disagree with obamas bullshit romney tax issue, right?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 05:42:17 PM »
yup and just like I said if there was any truth to it someone would have come forward with the evidence.

You think Hilary wouldnt have pinned obamas ass to the wall if she could have with that?

Same with romney and his taxes...

I never agreed with the birther movement so I dont know why your bringing this to me.

If you disagreed with that then logically you should disagree with obamas bullshit romney tax issue, right?

1. I have already gone on record and said I disagree with this tax bullshit... There was a thread about it yesterday where I said it was retarded.
2. I didn't say "you", but enough people harped and harped on it and eventually Obama released that certificate.

Since he DID release it, if enough people harp on these taxes, will Romney release those?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 07:09:41 PM »
1. I have already gone on record and said I disagree with this tax bullshit... There was a thread about it yesterday where I said it was retarded.
2. I didn't say "you", but enough people harped and harped on it and eventually Obama released that certificate.

Since he DID release it, if enough people harp on these taxes, will Romney release those?

I seriously doubt it but if he did it would probably be after the election if he won...Just like obama did.

I think it was smart of obama not to release it, it made the ppl yelling about him being born in Kenya look foolish. If I were him I would have not released it, it would still be yet another arrow in his quiver to keep attention off of his horrible handling of the economy.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 10:06:24 AM »
I seriously doubt it but if he did it would probably be after the election if he won...Just like obama did.

I think it was smart of obama not to release it, it made the ppl yelling about him being born in Kenya look foolish. If I were him I would have not released it, it would still be yet another arrow in his quiver to keep attention off of his horrible handling of the economy.

I wouldn't have released it either... I would have given the middle finger to every moron who kept saying it, but he did.

I'm just saying that it seems like in this instance, the reasoning behind what each side is saying is the same as Obama's BC, but since the OTHER side wants it now, all of a sudden it makes sense?

I'm tired of the hypocrisy these fuckers have.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 10:17:27 AM »
Every candidate for POTUS in the modern era has released many years of tax returns

Romney is crying about a standard virtually established by his own father who said:
“ One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show. ”

Romney can certainly refuse to release his returns but he can't piss and moan about being held to the same standard as every other person in recent history to run for the office

Nelson Rockefeller released 5 years of his returns and he was far more wealthy than Romney

Romeny will be dogged by this up until the day he concedes the election

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
Did I miss something?  Is this article counting the money he's pretty much supposed to give to his cult as charity?  But even that we just take his word for it while they look at Obama's tax returns to see exactly how much he gives?  lol?

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »
Does he know that charity donations can be set against tax in most countries ?
c

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 11:12:58 AM »
 ???

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 12:12:55 PM »
???

Non-sense, it is his money that he gives away.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »
if he is wealthier then it would be easier (at least in numerical terms) although probably harder to pay tax
c

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »
hahahahahhaa TA nailed it perfectly!!!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »
Every candidate for POTUS in the modern era has released many years of tax returns

Romney is crying about a standard virtually established by his own father who said:
“ One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show. ”

Romney can certainly refuse to release his returns but he can't piss and moan about being held to the same standard as every other person in recent history to run for the office

Nelson Rockefeller released 5 years of his returns and he was far more wealthy than Romney

Romeny will be dogged by this up until the day he concedes the election
how many have had their college records sealed by court order?

Dont sit there and play one side over the other you dip shit be consistent. Either they need to release everything or they can pick and choose which one is it?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 02:34:40 PM »

LMFAO yes b/c cracker jack and true ass hat cant distinguish between giving out his own money and taking money from others and giving to ppl

I am ashamed that you can say you have an MBA...

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »

You must be clinically brain dead, how are you still posting?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »
Romney giving away his own money - CHARITY

Then again, the change Romney loses in his couch would be more charitable than what Obama and Biden give.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 08:04:53 PM »
Follows the pattern of, on balance, conservatives being more charitable than liberals.

Cruz is THE most conservative candidate out of the 2016 potential bunch... and he/wife are very wealthy.

And they donated less than 1% of income.    http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/politics/2014/08/15/13832940/

If a person gives, that's awesome and they deserve a thank you and respect for helping others.  That's it.  Not props for out-donating their political candidates.  Cruz is the best 2016 choice, even if didn't donate much.