Author Topic: Police Shoot Man 46 times..with video!!!  (Read 5721 times)

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Police Shoot Man 46 times..with video!!!
« on: August 17, 2012, 03:02:28 PM »
This guy suuuuuure looked threatening....a mentally-disturbed 49 year old  ninja.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0ef_1345213678

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Police Shoot Man 46 times..with video!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »
Not that I really care the guy got killed, but it was a little excessive to shoot so many times.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »
Probably a waste of ammunition... Usually 2 bullets will get the job done.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 07:51:05 AM »
I like how the cops move slowly after they shot him, like "well, this guy just eats 49 bullets at a 5 meter range, but we never know" :D

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »
they were being thorough.  Geeze, now they can't be thorough with getting crapped on.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 08:32:50 AM »

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »
This guy suuuuuure looked threatening....a mentally-disturbed 49 year old  ninja.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0ef_1345213678

this thing is crazy
North of Italy

oenguinseatsocks

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »
cowardice, thy name is law enforcement

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 05:11:25 AM »
Meanwhile - in the UK.....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=720_1325527047

lol

the empire days are over for the limeys, thats for sure!

I can't imagine a government so commy that you can't have a gun..

USA we take our freedoms for granted!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 09:12:30 AM »
they were still firing with him on the ground.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
very unfortunate for both sides. time to play monday morning quarterback.

Did not one cop have a less lethal shotgun or taser available? With all the deadly force cover, that would have been a no brainer to me. Why not put a patrol vehicle or cover between you and the armed subject if you feel you are in danger? Why shoot so many damn times? We are trained to shoot to stop the threat. I'd say when he is falling over the threat is stopped.

My guess is not one of those cops went there hoping to get to shoot an armed mentally disturbed black man. But I'm not impressed at all with their response. At least here, this scenario is not at all uncommon. Been there done that at least a dozen times myself so it really concerns me that it "appears" their options were limited to drop the knife or we kill you.

It is very likely this will be ruled justifiable because he had a knife and though it wasn't clear to me, he was likely moving towards an officer. However, if the department doesn't address the tactical/training issues going forward, I'd be very surprised. I'd also be surprised if there wasn't violations of policy in this response which would be handled administratively when the smoke clears.     

oenguinseatsocks

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »
very unfortunate for both sides.

how exactly is this unfortunate for the police?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 07:30:06 AM »
how exactly is this unfortunate for the police?

How exactly is this fortunate for the police?

It's unfortunate for the police because while I'm pretty sure their initial intentions were good, this will likely cause a setback in any progress this department has made in closing the gap in community trust and support

It's likely some, most or all of those officers will have a hard time coping with the end result of their actions, second guessing themselves (which they should) and it wouldn't be unusual for this to take a mental toll

So while it pales in comparison to the citizens result, (it's hard to trump death) in my opinion, it is unfortunate for the officers/department that this went down this way.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 08:18:01 AM »

It's unfortunate for the police because while I'm pretty sure their initial intentions were good, this will likely cause a setback in any progress this department has made in closing the gap in community trust and support

It's likely some, most or all of those officers will have a hard time coping with the end result of their actions, second guessing themselves (which they should) and it wouldn't be unusual for this to take a mental toll

So while it pales in comparison to the citizens result, (it's hard to trump death) in my opinion, it is unfortunate for the officers/department that this went down this way.     

Yes... the department's "face" now is unfortunate.

Dead is just... Fucking DEAD!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »
Black menace killed by the white devil.

oenguinseatsocks

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 08:17:32 AM »

that's a liiiiiitle bit of a stretch if you ask me... i'm not really gonna feel bad if it takes a "mental toll" on them considering they turned the guy into swiss cheese.  it was no-ones fault but theirs they shot the guy.  could have used less lethal methods but didn't.  in this case they deserve the guilt (if any) to tell you the truth.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 09:59:46 AM »
that's a liiiiiitle bit of a stretch if you ask me... i'm not really gonna feel bad if it takes a "mental toll" on them considering they turned the guy into swiss cheese.  it was no-ones fault but theirs they shot the guy.  could have used less lethal methods but didn't.  in this case they deserve the guilt (if any) to tell you the truth.

won't argue your opinion. I understand it.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 08:08:49 PM »
very unfortunate for both sides. time to play monday morning quarterback.

Did not one cop have a less lethal shotgun or taser available? With all the deadly force cover, that would have been a no brainer to me. Why not put a patrol vehicle or cover between you and the armed subject if you feel you are in danger? Why shoot so many damn times? We are trained to shoot to stop the threat. I'd say when he is falling over the threat is stopped.

My guess is not one of those cops went there hoping to get to shoot an armed mentally disturbed black man. But I'm not impressed at all with their response. At least here, this scenario is not at all uncommon. Been there done that at least a dozen times myself so it really concerns me that it "appears" their options were limited to drop the knife or we kill you.

It is very likely this will be ruled justifiable because he had a knife and though it wasn't clear to me, he was likely moving towards an officer. However, if the department doesn't address the tactical/training issues going forward, I'd be very surprised. I'd also be surprised if there wasn't violations of policy in this response which would be handled administratively when the smoke clears.     

good post

oenguinseatsocks

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 12:41:03 AM »
won't argue your opinion. I understand it.

(y)

supposed to be a thumbs up

nvm

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 05:24:49 PM »
Should have complied with the officer's orders.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 11:22:14 PM »
taser? less lethal? no! if he had a knife and he is attempting deadly force..you meet it with deadly force..are you really going to pop someone with a taser charging you with a knife and hope the electrodes had a positive stick?..have fun being dead.

video notes..

1) the officers let him get to close

2) the officers should have shot him sooner if he indeed had a knife (see 1)

3) there were not even 20 shots fired..that parking lot had a echo..each officer shooting probably averaged 3..

4)how can anyone safely take the side of the officers..or suspect from that shity video?

bench

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 12:46:26 AM »
scumbag deserved to die

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 04:02:28 AM »
taser? less lethal? no! if he had a knife and he is attempting deadly force..you meet it with deadly force..are you really going to pop someone with a taser charging you with a knife and hope the electrodes had a positive stick?..have fun being dead.

video notes..

3) there were not even 20 shots fired..that parking lot had a echo..each officer shooting probably averaged 3..

4)how can anyone safely take the side of the officers..or suspect from that shity video?

bench

welcome back stud!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »

video notes..

bench

Taser or less lethal shotgun by itself against a knife is a no no. However, taser and or LL shotgun WITH another officer (in this case more than one) covering with deadly force is acceptable. 

nevertrustanyone

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »

video notes..

bench
thanks for the words of wisdom fake internet cop  ::)