Author Topic: In a world without a "GOD".  (Read 30162 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
In a world without a "GOD".
« on: August 19, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
What would you do if humans found out that there was no god, no afterlife, etc.... Would you be tempted to sin?  Steal, cheat, murder etc....?  Would the Police /government matter anymore?  Would there be civil wars in every major country?  There is a good that comes from religion.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: In a world without a "GOD".
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
What would you do if humans found out that there was no god, no afterlife, etc.... Would you be tempted to sin?  Steal, cheat, murder etc....?  Would the Police /government matter anymore?  Would there be civil wars in every major country?  There is a good that comes from religion.
Only this one  ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
Only this one  ;D
The world is either going to end in a natural disaster, or through a scenario like the movie The Book Of Eli.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 01:47:56 PM »
In a world without religion, we would revert back to a true "survival of the fittest attitude".  He who is the strongest, takes what he wants.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »
Look to the end of the 1st show of Dexter, season 6.

MikMaq

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »
What would you do if humans found out that there was no god, no afterlife, etc.... Would you be tempted to sin?  Steal, cheat, murder etc....?  Would the Police /government matter anymore?  Would there be civil wars in every major country?  There is a good that comes from religion.
Is this a troll or do you not get that the bulk of the population these days are athiests ???

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »
Is this a troll or do you not get that the bulk of the population these days are athiests ???
You are a true moron if you think this.  More people believe in "something" rather than nothing.  That is what keeps the moral flood gates from spilling over.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 02:02:36 PM »
THE MADMAN

Have you not heard of that madman who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market place, and cried incessantly: "I seek God! I seek God!" -- As many of those who did not believe in God were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his way like a child? asked another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? emigrated? -- Thus they yelled and laughed.

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. "Whither is God?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him -- you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying, as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Gods, too, decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

"How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whoever is born after us -- for the sake of this deed he will belong to a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the madman fell silent and looked again at his listeners; and they, too, were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern on the ground, and it broke into pieces and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time is not yet. This tremendous event is still on its way, still wandering; it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time; the light of the stars requires time; deeds, though done, still require time to be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than most distant stars -- and yet they have done it themselves.

It has been related further that on the same day the madman forced his way into several churches and there struck up his requiem aeternam deo. Led out and called to account, he is said always to have replied nothing but: "What after all are these churches now if they are not the tombs and sepulchers of God?"

[Source: Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science (1882, 1887) para. 125; Walter Kaufmann ed. (New York: Vintage, 1974), pp.181-82.]

MikMaq

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »
You are a true moron if you think this.  More people believe in "something" rather than nothing.  That is what keeps the moral flood gates from spilling over.
Just because there is no god or afterlife don't stop belief, believing in something is a  far stretch to believing in god and afterlife. Anyhow I'm not getting in a debate about what percentage of the pop believes in something, in either situation there is a large enough number of atheist to see there is no significant amount of crime found with atheists versus theists.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 02:06:59 PM »
Just because there is no god or afterlife don't stop belief, believing in something is a  far stretch to believing in god and afterlife. Anyhow I'm not getting in a debate about what percentage of the pop believes in something, in either situation there is a large enough number of atheist to see there is no significant amount of crime found with atheists versus theists.
The truth is that nobody knows for sure.  If we knew for a fact that nothing awaited us after death, then there would be total global anarchy.  The new "wild west" if you will.

MikMaq

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »
The truth is that nobody knows for sure.  If we knew for a fact that nothing awaited us after death, then there would be total global anarchy.  The new "wild west" if you will.
But atheists believe there is no god that is what it means. I'm not talking about agnostics.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »
There are plenty of atheists walking around that dont do any of that stuff. Not because they're afraid of a Big Being zapping them, but because those things are wrong.  It's childish to need Daddy to tell you "No no no don't do that".  Actually many atheists behave better than a many religious people, because they think for themselves and aren't intellectually self arrested. Exceptions to both sides exist of course.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 02:13:05 PM »
But atheists believe there is no god that is what it means. I'm not talking about agnostics.
Why can't someone (like me) have the balls to admit that my primitive brain can't comprehend one way or another?  I definately don't follow the man-made bible, but I do think that there is a reason why there are billions of planets out there.  There is almost no mathematical chance that we are the only living life forms in the universe.  I believe in a higher power, I just have no idea who or what it is.  None of us do.

MikMaq

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 02:19:32 PM »
Why can't someone (like me) have the balls to admit that my primitive brain can't comprehend one way or another?  I definately don't follow the man-made bible, but I do think that there is a reason why there are billions of planets out there.  There is almost no mathematical chance that we are the only living life forms in the universe.  I believe in a higher power, I just have no idea who or what it is.  None of us do.
Because were creatures based on instincts or emotions, anyhow your far from an atheist.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 02:21:25 PM »
Because were creatures based on instincts or emotions, anyhow your far from an atheist.
never said I was an atheist.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »
The two biggest head trips in human history.  Government and Religion.  Get rid of them both and evolve the species.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 02:43:37 PM »
The two biggest head trips in human history.  Government and Religion.  Get rid of them both and evolve the species.
We do need a government for things.  A standing army, Building projects, Etc....

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »
Statistically therea are FAR more criminals who believe "in god" in jail than these who doesn't.. Religion just stole the idea of "being moral" and used it as it's own. Not doing crimes ust because one is affraid (not because one understands the consequances) is a pretty stupid idea anyway..

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »
Statistically therea are FAR more criminals who believe "in god" in jail than these who doesn't.. Religion just stole the idea of "being moral" and used it as it's own. Not doing crimes ust because one is affraid (not because one understands the consequances) is a pretty stupid idea anyway..

lol "understanding the consequences" ::)

consequences of selling drugs = i get rich, someone gets high.  beyond that, good luck with your analysis...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »
I'm not sure they believe.  It's probably more like they hope they can be saved. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »
No, the bulk of the population only believes in God when it suits them to do so. People in general are too busy to let god or the belief in god occupy their time.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
  Neil deGrasse Tyson

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »
This thread is a perfect example of why walmart employees suck dick for extra cash cuz making minimum wage ain't pretty.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 03:34:05 PM »
deep thread