Author Topic: In a world without a "GOD".  (Read 30151 times)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Re: In a world without a "GOD".
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2012, 11:23:13 PM »
who did freud help live better exactly?

This thread is NOT about Freud.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #326 on: August 24, 2012, 01:43:26 AM »
What would you do if humans found out that there was no god, no afterlife, etc.... Would you be tempted to sin?  Steal, cheat, murder etc....?  Would the Police /government matter anymore?  Would there be civil wars in every major country?  There is a good that comes from religion.

Only morally immature individuals would be affected by that. Morally advanced people understand principles of morality and feel empathy towards their fellow men. Hence, they don't need an authoritaritan "god" to punish or reward them for their behavior

Not all people need a nanny in the sky...

NN

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #327 on: August 24, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »
“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force… We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”
― Max Planck

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #328 on: August 24, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »
Only morally immature individuals would be affected by that. Morally advanced people understand principles of morality and feel empathy towards their fellow men. Hence, they don't need an authoritaritan "god" to punish or reward them for their behavior

Not all people need a nanny in the sky...

NN
There is no such thing as morality.  It is something that humans made up.  Do other mammals have "morality?"  No, they will either eat you or rip your balls off.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »
There is no such thing as morality.  It is something that humans made up.  Do other mammals have "morality?"  No, they will either eat you or rip your balls off.

hahahahha

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #330 on: August 24, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »

That's why we are better than just every other mammal.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #331 on: August 24, 2012, 07:14:56 PM »
That's why we are better than just every other mammal.
Humans are technically superior, but have no natural morality - hence the reason we need to come up with a heap of rules on how to behave, because instinctually most humans have no idea.
V

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »
“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force… We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”
― Max Planck

LOL oh brother

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »
Humans are technically superior, but have no natural morality - hence the reason we need to come up with a heap of rules on how to behave, because instinctually most humans have no idea.

I dunno man... I think I knew from the time I was born to not steal and kill... I certainly don't need any rules to tell me that.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2012, 08:17:25 PM »
      You are a sociopath who understands the N.W.O agenda, all too well. I have a natural morality and that is why I call out injustice. You on the other hand want accolades.

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2012, 08:25:41 PM »
LOL oh brother
  Max PlanckFrom Wikiquote
Jump to: navigation, search 
I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness.Max Karl Ernst Ludwig Planck (23 April 1858 – 4 October 1947) was one of the most important German physicists of the late 19th and early 20th century, winning the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918; he is considered to be the founder of quantum theory.

[edit] Quotes
In the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
New scientific ideas never spring from a communal body, however organized, but rather from the head of an individually inspired researcher who struggles with his problems in lonely thought and unites all his thought on one single point which is his whole world for the moment.I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.
As quoted in The Observer (25 January 1931)
We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.
The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics (1931)
Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: Ye must have faith. It is a quality which the scientist cannot dispense with.
Where Is Science Going? (1932)
It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him.
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
Where is Science Going? (1932)
Variants:
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature, for in the final analysis we ourselves are part of the mystery we are trying to solve.
New scientific ideas never spring from a communal body, however organized, but rather from the head of an individually inspired researcher who struggles with his problems in lonely thought and unites all his thought on one single point which is his whole world for the moment.
Address on the 25th anniversary of the Kaiser-Wilhelm Gesellschaft (January 1936), as quoted in Surviving the Swastika : Scientific Research in Nazi Germany (1993) ISBN 0-19-507010-0
Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations… To the former He is the foundation, to the latter, the crown of the edifice of every generalized world view.
Religion and Natural Science (Lecture Given 1937) Scientific Autobiography and Other Papers, trans. F. Gaynor (New York, 1949), pp. 184
As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: August 25, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »
I dunno man... I think I knew from the time I was born to not steal and kill... I certainly don't need any rules to tell me that.
The commandment to not kill is retarded, most of the human population benefit from the mass slaughter of animals, unless your a vegetarian your participating in the killing of all types of shit, the fact is to live in a modern world, heaps of life is killed to make way for greedy humans, including other humans.  Unless you live an agrarian lifestyle on your own on some isolated island, we're all benefiting from killing.  As for stealing, the whole capitalist system is based on the stealing or profiting from fucking someone else over.
V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2012, 02:00:33 AM »
The commandment to not kill is retarded, most of the human population benefit from the mass slaughter of animals, unless your a vegetarian your participating in the killing of all types of shit, the fact is to live in a modern world, heaps of life is killed to make way for greedy humans, including other humans.  Unless you live an agrarian lifestyle on your own on some isolated island, we're all benefiting from killing.  As for stealing, the whole capitalist system is based on the stealing or profiting from fucking someone else over.
What the hell are you talking about...., why speak on something you have not read and act like you know something about The Bible. Everyone knows that commandment has nothing to do with animals. Humans only, read the Bible if you are going to reference it next time, wow.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2012, 02:04:03 AM »
Animal Farm is a good book

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2012, 02:29:53 AM »
What the hell are you talking about...., why speak on something you have not read and act like you know something about The Bible. Everyone knows that commandment has nothing to do with animals. Humans only, read the Bible if you are going to reference it next time, wow.
Whatever man, the bible is the biggest POS Hypocritical book ever written to indoctrinate the gullible and weak minded, the commandments are vague and open to thousands of Interpretations, Idiots interpret to suit their own ends, The old saying "All generalisations are dangerous, including this one" is a perfect example of why the commandments suck - they're vague generalisations that don't mean anything.  I can't believe in this day and age of logic and knowledge that idiots still fall for that garbage.  The bibles lack of regard for all life is disgusting and just one more reason it is to be ignored.
V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2012, 02:38:53 AM »
Whatever man, the bible is the biggest POS Hypocritical book ever written to indoctrinate the gullible and weak minded, the commandments are vague and open to thousands of Interpretations, Idiots interpret to suit their own ends, The old saying "All generalisations are dangerous, including this one" is a perfect example of why the commandments suck - they're vague generalisations that don't mean anything.  I can't believe in this day and age of logic and knowledge that idiots still fall for that garbage.  The bibles lack of regard for all life is disgusting and just one more reason it is to be ignored.
Think what you want, fine it`s vague, but this particular point is not. Everyone knows this, no one has ever argued that. The Bible makes it perfectly clear that you can kill animals and makes it perfectly clear that it is ONLY referring to humans in that commandment

If you want I can list 100 verse, yes 100 of them where it says it`s OK to kill animals.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2012, 02:55:10 AM »
  Max PlanckFrom Wikiquote
Jump to: navigation, search 
I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness.Max Karl Ernst Ludwig Planck (23 April 1858 – 4 October 1947) was one of the most important German physicists of the late 19th and early 20th century, winning the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918; he is considered to be the founder of quantum theory.

[edit] Quotes
In the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
New scientific ideas never spring from a communal body, however organized, but rather from the head of an individually inspired researcher who struggles with his problems in lonely thought and unites all his thought on one single point which is his whole world for the moment.I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.
As quoted in The Observer (25 January 1931)
We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.
The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics (1931)
Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: Ye must have faith. It is a quality which the scientist cannot dispense with.
It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him.
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
Where is Science Going? (1932)
Variants:
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature, for in the final analysis we ourselves are part of the mystery we are trying to solve.
New scientific ideas never spring from a communal body, however organized, but rather from the head of an individually inspired researcher who struggles with his problems in lonely thought and unites all his thought on one single point which is his whole world for the moment.
Address on the 25th anniversary of the Kaiser-Wilhelm Gesellschaft (January 1936), as quoted in Surviving the Swastika : Scientific Research in Nazi Germany (1993) ISBN 0-19-507010-0
Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations… To the former He is the foundation, to the latter, the crown of the edifice of every generalized world view.
Religion and Natural Science (Lecture Given 1937) Scientific Autobiography and Other Papers, trans. F. Gaynor (New York, 1949), pp. 184
As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this

i wonder if he knew nietzsche wrote all the same things

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2012, 03:52:11 AM »
Think what you want, fine it`s vague, but this particular point is not. Everyone knows this, no one has ever argued that. The Bible makes it perfectly clear that you can kill animals and makes it perfectly clear that it is ONLY referring to humans in that commandment

If you want I can list 100 verse, yes 100 of them where it says it`s OK to kill animals.
I can also find verses were God gives the OK to kill other humans, I know there are verses in the bible that state it is OK for man to use animals for his own convenience, I was taking about the commandments, which are pretty black and white statements.  Thou shall not kill/murder seems pretty closed to interpretation to me, if it was open to interpretation in would say Thou musn't kill other humans, but it is OK to kill life-forms you find tasty and high in protein.  It's ironic how people always interpret the bible to suit their needs/wants.  The Bible is the most genocidal book known to man, the God of the Bible—not only did he order His chosen people to carry out literal genocide— to wipe out every Amalekite to the last man, woman, child, God also threatened to destroy every living creature on earth because some humans irritated Him.  Great God!

V

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2012, 03:56:10 AM »
Hmmm... and what "Book" do you believe in?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2012, 04:03:48 AM »
I can also find verses were God gives the OK to kill other humans, I know there are verses in the bible that state it is OK for man to use animals for his own convenience, I was taking about the commandments, which are pretty black and white statements.  Thou shall not kill/murder seems pretty closed to interpretation to me, if it was open to interpretation in would say Thou musn't kill other humans, but it is OK to kill life-forms you find tasty and high in protein.  It's ironic how people always interpret the bible to suit their needs/wants.  The Bible is the most genocidal book known to man, the God of the Bible—not only did he order His chosen people to carry out literal genocide— to wipe out every Amalekite to the last man, woman, child, God also threatened to destroy every living creature on earth because some humans irritated Him.  Great God!

Bro stop playing dumb, the commandment is referring to humans, no one mistaken`s  this for animals, wow your dumb as an ox, wooooooosh

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2012, 04:07:36 AM »
Hmmm... and what "Book" do you believe in?
::) Why the hell would I believe in any book - that's a retarded question to ask - the fact you need to cling to a book is a sign of your inferiority, weak mindedness and extreme indoctrination.  HA HA And what book do you believe in HA HA.  I believe in myself, no book needed  ;D
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2012, 04:09:31 AM »
Bro stop playing dumb, the commandment is referring to humans, no one mistaken`s  this for animals, wow your dumb as an ox, wooooooosh
Sounds convenient!  Who the hell would believe in any religion that treats non humans as worthless beings not worthy of life and are to be sacrificed for god or humans = What a bunch of freaks!
V

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2012, 04:15:31 AM »
::) Why the hell would I believe in any book - that's a retarded question to ask - the fact you need to cling to a book is a sign of your inferiority, weak mindedness and extreme indoctrination.  HA HA And what book do you believe in HA HA.  I believe in myself, no book needed  ;D
You sound a little Defensive and appear to know so much about the "bible" for someone who only believes in himself, as in someone who has a hidden agenda, if you dont believe in any "book" why the drawn out Conclusions and analysis on this subject of the Bible?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: August 25, 2012, 04:30:03 AM »
You sound a little Defensive and appear to know so much about the "bible" for someone who only believes in himself, as in someone who has a hidden agenda, if you dont believe in any "book" why the drawn out Conclusions and analysis on this subject of the Bible?
I am interested in all schools of thought, I don't have particularly much interest in the bible, I read a Children's version when I was about ten and went to church of my own bat for about 6 months (my parents weren't religious, although my mother had a religious bent, but my father was definitely an agnostic/atheist but they never forced any belief system on me), I just see it as another field of inquiry, and it's best to know a little about the things you don't agree with or are critical of.  I'm not about about to study the bible to win an argument on getbig, personally, I just think knowledge has evolved well beyond the bible, and blindly believing in things that aren't true or empirically unprovable is only holding back human innovation, technology and a deeper understanding of the world around us.  It is quite possible that humans will never know the Ultimate truths as they are also a part of the cosmos, but we sure are on our way to solving some of the deeper mysteries that have plagued humanity.  It's apparent to the casual observer that humans have a destructive nature, and religion was a great control system of the masses until knowledge and logic became popular and questioned the bizarre statements made in the Bible, most of which children can see the lack of logic in.  Churches and religion have been fighting academia now for quite some time, and they are losing the battle.
V

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #349 on: August 25, 2012, 04:38:37 AM »
I am interested in all schools of thought, I don't have particularly much interest in the bible, I read a Children's version when I was about ten and went to church of my own bat for about 6 months (my parents weren't religious, although my mother had a religious bent, but my father was definitely an agnostic/atheist but they never forced any belief system on me), I just see it as another field of inquiry, and it's best to know a little about the things you don't agree with or are critical of.  I'm not about about to study the bible to win an argument on getbig, personally, I just think knowledge has evolved well beyond the bible, and blindly believing in things that aren't true or empirically unprovable is only holding back human innovation, technology and a deeper understanding of the world around us.  It is quite possible that humans will never know the Ultimate truths as they are also a part of the cosmos, but we sure are on our way to solving some of the deeper mysteries that have plagued humanity.  It's apparent to the casual observer that humans have a destructive nature, and religion was a great control system of the masses until knowledge and logic became popular and questioned the bizarre statements made in the Bible, most of which children can see the lack of logic in.  Churches and religion have been fighting academia now for quite some time, and they are losing the battle.

Paragraphs motherfucker, can you use them?