Author Topic: Great Picture of the Gang  (Read 19743 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Great Picture of the Gang
« on: November 15, 2005, 04:23:11 PM »
 ;)

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
Re: Great Picture of the Gang
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 11:46:06 AM »
Where's Arnold???
?

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 01:31:06 PM »
I'm guessing 82-83?

619Rules

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 08:13:56 PM »
This is 1982-Franco won in 81 and he is not in this pic so it is not 81, and Dickerson retired after he won in 82-so it is not 83.......Chris won in 1982 the year of this pic.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 12:09:16 AM »
I feel old.  I know all but three of those guys.

619Rules

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 01:29:21 AM »
Roger Walker-Top row in front-is looking super thick there......I always thought he was underrated.....

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 02:16:01 AM »
Its the 82 Olympia in London,the only one i`ve seen live,but two men are missing from the shot,Bertil Fox and Lance Dreher.Personally,i`d have placed Samir 1st that day,and Casey 2nd.They also held the European Couple Championship the same day that was won by Berry DeMay and Erika Mes,and Berry could easily have placed in the top six in the Olympia.

Pat Rocco

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 08:25:44 AM »
Great picture .Theres a old favorite of mine . Dennis Tinnerino in the back back row .

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 10:03:06 AM »
Roger Walker-Top row in front-is looking super thick there......I always thought he was underrated.....

I agree.

I don't think he placed as well as he should have in most contests

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 04:15:27 PM »
Great picture .Theres a old favorite of mine . Dennis Tinnerino in the back back row .

Dennis had some great shoulders on him.
The House that Ruth built

619Rules

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 08:37:44 PM »

Dennis had some great shoulders on him.

Dennis lives in CA still and is very religious. He speaks to Christian groups on a regular basis about BBing and staying in shape.......I don't know if he mentions anything about being on the juice though.....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 09:00:09 PM »
Trained with Dennis a few times at World's bck i the early 80's.  Was a good looking guy with big tricpes I think.  The thing I rememebr most about his was the way he walked around the gym like a little kid and talking to everyone and kind of skip-walking around

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 02:57:15 AM »
I liked the quote from Dennis on the 1980 Olympia video when he says "remember the golden rule,he who has the gold,makes the rules".

619Rules

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 01:26:07 PM »
I liked the quote from Dennis on the 1980 Olympia video when he says "remember the golden rule,he who has the gold,makes the rules".

Arnold had the GOLD...so.......hahaha.. ...

I met someone a year ago that had recently been to one of the Dennis Tinerino BBing/Fitness speeches, she said he was a nice guy and talked about Arnold and the good times they all had in the 70's........so Dennis is still active with BBing and everything....

I would really like to know what the hell Clancy Ross is up to-that guy was in his 50's/60's when I joined his gym in 1979-26 years ago-he had knee problems then-I wonder if he can still get around today and how the old guy is doing-

If anyone has info on Clancy Ross post it here........

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 02:10:26 PM »
This is 1982-Franco won in 81 and he is not in this pic so it is not 81, and Dickerson retired after he won in 82-so it is not 83.......Chris won in 1982 the year of this pic.

He competed three more times after his O win in 82 .

From MM.....

Olympia - IFBB, 11th

Arnold Classic - IFBB, 8th

Olympia - Masters - IFBB, 4th

619Rules

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 05:18:41 PM »
Yes-Chris Dickerson did compete a few more times after his 82 O win. Chris was at the top of his game in the late 70's early 80's-he was BY FAR the most dominate BBer in that time frame and won just about every show he entered-he was like an earlier version of Rich Gaspari-entering, winning and dominating almost every show he went into. If you were not around in the late 70's you don't know how dominate Dickerson was-he was the man back then. In the Canadian Cup (?) he blew Don Ross off the stage (Ross finished close to last and being from Lurie's WBBG didn't help Don either). Don Ross was managing Clancy Ross's gym at that time. Don Ross also tried to compete in the 1979 Mr O but Arnold (who promoted the show) did not allow Don in b/c he sent in his "request" late. Of course the WBBG thing was what kept Don out of the show. Don showed everyone in the gym the letter Arnold wrote him.

Chris announced his retirement BEFORE the 82 Mr Olympia-many say to get a sympathy vote from the judges and go out on top. In fact Chris was being trained by Bill Pearl for the 81  and 82 O.

In the 81 O Bill Pearl was on the judging panel and stepped down b/c of his close training relationship with Dickerson. Pearl said he could not have been an impartial judge (after the show he said he should have stayed on the panel given what happened with Franco).

So even though Dickerson had stated his retirement-and basically did retire-he did go into a few more shows as Bix points out.

But Dickerson was in his late 30's when he won the  in 1982 and his body aged VERY fast the next couple of year after the 82 O. Today he looks awful-heavy set and looking every bit of his 60+ years.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 06:21:14 PM »
IMO....Dickerson had some awesome bodyparts...but his physique was incomplete

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 06:34:03 PM »
Actually, Dickerson was age 43 when he won the Mr. Olympia Nov 13, 1982, and he remains the oldest man to win that title.

He had an impressive 'amount' of competition, participating in 7 of the 8 events offered by the IFBB in 1980, and 7 of 11 in 1981.

In his IFBB pro career from beginning to end he won 10 of his 21 competitions.

From the beginning to end of his IFBB career he competed in those 21 events out of the 143 that were offered in that span.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 09:09:57 PM »
BAck in 81 or 82 or so Dickerson was training for the Olympia. He told me he was 40 lbs overweight the day he started to train for the Olympia  He did minimum of 1000 situps on the roman chair and did sets of 30 minutes usng the stick and doing twists.  In no time his waist came down.  He told me that twist were some of the best things to do to get rid of love handles. 

619Rules

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 09:16:51 PM »
So Chris was 43 when he won the O in 1982-a little older than I thought-I tell you this-he looked fantastic for 43.

I know RC is close to that age-and I find it hard to imagine that guys in their 40's can still maintain a pro level physique-that actually wins shows.

I have to laugh at the guys on Getbig that knock Chris and Frank Zane as being "swimmers" and the likes of those comments. For their time spans they were at the top of their game-just as RC, Jay and Dexter are today.........25 years from now I can imagine some ignorant Getbiggers calling RC and Jay "swimmers"....lol........

IMO....Dickerson had some awesome bodyparts...but his physique was incomplete

Ever see Dickerson's left elbow? He has a golf ball sized calcium deposit.....Joe Montana has a tennis ball sized calcium deposit on his right elbow.........really ugly looking. Does not interfer with arm use-just looks bad!

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 12:01:52 PM »

Back row, L-R:  Roger Walker, Jusup Wikosz, Dennis Tinerino, Casey Viator, Albert Beckles, Frank Zane, Boyer Coe

Front row, L-R:  Danny Padilla, Chris Dickerson, Mohamed Makkawy, Samir Bannout, Johnny Fuller, Tom Platz, Jaques Neuville

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2005, 03:20:27 PM »

Back row, L-R:  Roger Walker, Jusup Wikosz, Dennis Tinerino, Casey Viator, Albert Beckles, Frank Zane, Boyer Coe

Front row, L-R:  Danny Padilla, Chris Dickerson, Mohamed Makkawy, Samir Bannout, Johnny Fuller, Tom Platz, Jaques Neuville

Mohamed Makkawy, IMO....was better than Zane in a lot of aspects

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 10:30:48 AM »
When standing relaxed MEANT standing relaxed.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 10:33:44 AM »
And Mr Olympias had calves.

619Rules

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 12:57:30 PM »
And Mr Olympias had calves.

Some of the best ever on old Chris!

That pic is at Gold's Venice when it first moved over to Hamton Drive.....I remember that big yellow power rack..........Gold's was a dump then, was only the main room and everything was always broken and the carpet had a rip in it that started at the front door and went all the way down the gym to the back bay door!.......