Author Topic: Face getting too lean while dropping fat/weight  (Read 5846 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: Face getting too lean while dropping fat/weight
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 07:18:59 AM »
Its better to get a lean face early anyways.
Some diet but dont get the desired chiseled features anyway.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 07:50:44 AM »
Who else has this problem?

My face starts looking like skeletor's early on in the process already. I'm not even talking REAL lean here, say 10-12% BF and my face looks very unhealthy already.

I can't continue walking around like this, people are constantly asking me if I'm on drugs or even terminally ill LOL

This shit cray  :'( :'( :'( :( :( :(

You sound like a bitch.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
Welcome to the club, now how do you think I feel when I get down to 5% then take a half bottle of ephedrine, 600mg of caffeine, hit the weights for an hour, then cardio for an hour then the whole world thinks I am on coke or heroin, woooooosh.  ;D

The worst part is, I USED to be on drugs and back then, no one asked if I was LOL

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 09:34:03 AM »
Its just because people are used to seeing other fat people, lean individuals sadly are the minority, the same women who say you look ill will be the same ones trying to rip off your pants after a few drinks.

In a lot of cases that may be so, but I have to admit, even I myself think I look sick (in the face). I look normal in the face only at 15-20 BF (or higher). Anything below that and it starts to look sickly with hanging skin etc.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »

I think its because you have a horse face you might want to try plastic surgery because sometimes it can fix a ugly person

LOL

Thanks for your contribution! haha What constitutes a horse face btw?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »
It's a lot better than get going a full blown moon face from dbol or similar shit. Well THAT looks ridiculous. I've swore myself not to touch anything that accumulates water too much, as once I got such a bloat going on my face that I looked like a completely diff person lol..

My face always looked better on bloating steroids to be honest. I might just be too lean in the face to consider being lean overall  :(

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 09:37:50 AM »
Is this you ?

Even worse, cheecks are sunken in a bit more + I have veins on my entire skull.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 09:40:25 AM »
Since when is a lean face a problem? Almost every male movie star in the world has a lean face.

This reminds me of tall guys posting that they wish they were shorter so that they could fill out their frame easier.

Bodybuilding is so screwed up.  ;D

I wish I was short, had a fat face, swirly varicose veins, a bloated yet muscular 45 inch waist, and severe stretch marks.  ;D

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 09:40:38 AM »
You sound like a bitch.

I can understand you thinking that. At first I laughed it off when people asked me if I was on drugs or sick, thinking they were just jealous. But now I get the question so frequent, I can't help but wonder what impression I'm leaving wherever I go to. I would have no problem being the "juicehead" or what not, I will however not be seen as the "crackhead" or the cancer patient when I am in fact not!

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »
Since when is a lean face a problem? Almost every male movie star in the world has a lean face.

This reminds me of tall guys posting that they wish they were shorter so that they could fill out their frame easier.

Bodybuilding is so screwed up.  ;D

I wish I was short, had a fat face, swirly varicose veins, a bloated yet muscular 45 inch waist, and severe stretch marks.  ;D

You didn't read it properly, I'm talking about being THAT lean in the face, that everyone thinks I'm either dying of aids or a heroin junkie. I'm not talking normal lean here.

Apart from Christian Bale in the Machinist, I have yet to see a movie start with a face resembling what I'm talking about here.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
You think 50 looks better/more attractive here?

And I look significantly leaner than this still (in the face only!).

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »
a bloated yet muscular 45 inch waist

haha ;D

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »

Bodybuilding is so screwed up.  ;D

I wish I was short, had a fat face, swirly varicose veins, a bloated yet muscular 45 inch waist, and severe stretch marks.  ;D

28 inch waist, 6'3" here

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2012, 09:53:08 AM »
I'm reverse. Team moonface.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
Women might not dig fat, bloated faces, but they sure as hell ain't digging very lean faces neither.

This is one of the most lusted on male actors of recent years:

Does he look especially lean in the face? No! Neither does Brad Pitt, the guy from Twilight etc.

Very lean faces don't look manly.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
28 inch waist, 6'3" here

a 28 inch waist @ 10-12% bodyfat? hmmmmmm................. . :-\

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »
I'm thinking that maybe what someone here said isn't a bad idea, drinking less fluids and eating a lot more salt. That would I would get the cosmetic effect of a fuller face, without actually having a fatter one.

nefario

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »
I'm thinking that maybe what someone here said isn't a bad idea, drinking less fluids and eating a lot more salt. That would I would get the cosmetic effect of a fuller face, without actually having a fatter one.

Haha, yeah something tells me that's not a particularly solid long-term solution.  I too get that Mick Jagger cheeks of peace look anytime I get down towards 9%.  It'd be nice to have a perennial layer of baby fat there, or to be able to spot reduce around the waist instead but it's just the way things are.  Abs or face, you need to man up and make the decision  :)

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »
Haha, yeah something tells me that's not a particularly solid long-term solution.  I too get that Mick Jagger cheeks of peace look anytime I get down towards 9%.  It'd be nice to have a perennial layer of baby fat there, or to be able to spot reduce around the waist instead but it's just the way things are.  Abs or face, you need to man up and make the decision  :)

It's a non-decision really, I can't continue walking around looking like I'm terminally ill when I'm not. Add to that the sagging skin and the dark circles under my eyes (which I'm pretty sure are also sagging skin) and it's a no-brainer. It's going to be hard to accept but the abs/overall leanness will have to go permanently. What use is it to look good naked, but terminally ill with clothes on, considering we're clothed most of the time anyway.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »
You didn't read it properly, I'm talking about being THAT lean in the face, that everyone thinks I'm either dying of aids or a heroin junkie. I'm not talking normal lean here.

Apart from Christian Bale in the Machinist, I have yet to see a movie start with a face resembling what I'm talking about here.

Okay, I see your point. 50¢(in that photo) and Bale's Machinist's face look weak and depleted, like they're bodies are severely robbed of nutrients and calories. Movie stars and models are lean but healthy looking.

28" waist at 6'3" sounds like you may be below the 10-12% bodyfat you mention in your original post unless your fat is distributed differently than most. It sounds like you're already ripped in some areas but holding fat in others.

I know someone whose face is the last to lean up. Someone else was skinny but had what appeared to be gyno, but they got just a little leaner and totally lost the gyno look. It was like fat accumulated on their lower chest first and nowhere else on the body. The diversity of fat distribution on different individuals is something that should be detailed/researched in a book because it is vast and virtually unresearched compared to what's known/discussed about muscle length/shape etc...

Lonnie Lowery did an article on t-nation a while back on "spot reduction" and that he believed that there is a degree of truth to it:  http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/spot_reduction_is_real_heres_how_to_do_it

I've read other articles that certain foods affect accumulation of fat on different parts of the body. All this stuff is at least worth looking into but it goes against conventional wisdom and controversial.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2012, 10:42:56 AM »
a 28 inch waist @ 6 foot 3 inches and 10-12% bodyfat is TINY

hell, when i was sub-6 @ 5'11" my waist measured 29.25 inches, and i'm known for have a very small waist

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2012, 10:48:18 AM »
Okay, I see your point. 50¢(in that photo) and Bale's Machinist's face look weak and depleted, like they're bodies are severely robbed of nutrients and calories. Movie stars and models are lean but healthy looking.

28" waist at 6'3" sounds like you may be below the 10-12% bodyfat you mention in your original post unless your fat is distributed differently than most. It sounds like you're already ripped in some areas but holding fat in others.

I know someone whose face is the last to lean up. Someone else was skinny but had what appeared to be gyno, but they got just a little leaner and totally lost the gyno look. It was like fat accumulated on their lower chest first and nowhere else on the body. The diversity of fat distribution on different individuals is something that should be detailed/researched in a book because it is vast and virtually unresearched compared to what's known/discussed about muscle length/shape etc...

Lonnie Lowery did an article on t-nation a while back on "spot reduction" and that he believed that there is a degree of truth to it:  http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/spot_reduction_is_real_heres_how_to_do_it

I've read other articles that certain foods affect accumulation of fat on different parts of the body. All this stuff is at least worth looking into but it goes against conventional wisdom and controversial.

I have no idea about my exact BF % but it must be low indeed. But even when I was fatter, my face was always thin looking. It differs a lot between individuals idd.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »
a 28 inch waist @ 6 foot 3 inches and 10-12% bodyfat is TINY

hell, when i was sub-6 @ 5'11" my waist measured 29.25 inches, and i'm known for have a very small waist

The BF percentage was basically a random number, I have no idea what it is exactly but I'm guessing around 10 or so. Would be surprised if it's lower but who knows.

It's even 27 or 27.5 but since they don't sell jeans in that waist size (for men), I always say 28 inches.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2012, 10:53:32 AM »
If you have a 27" waist at 6'3" you're in the running for skinniest man on planet Earth.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2012, 10:55:01 AM »
The BF percentage was basically a random number, I have no idea what it is exactly but I'm guessing around 10 or so. Would be surprised if it's lower but who knows.

It's even 27 or 27.5 but since they don't sell jeans in that waist size (for men), I always say 28 inches.

what do your wrists measure?

if you are really so small-framed then you won the genetic lottery for having a very asethic physique 8)