Author Topic: Why Should Akin Quit - His Views Perfectly Conform With Repub Party Platform  (Read 3823 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Is that the same as getting fake law degree and still not being able to understand what "facts" and "evidence" is?

LOL.  Handled a criminal matter in Federal Court for the first time yesterday for clients charged w tresspassing, breaking and entering, and tampering w govt property in a National Park.   

Word to wise Lurker - if you and your boyfriend get caught in the stall in a National Park, the charges are federal. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Yes, I bet you did.

Let me guess, you did all your texts on here via cell phone at the same time while in the courtroom.

Word to the wise for you.... if you get caught with your imaginary girlfriend the charges are mental.  Not that the rest of your behavior isn't quite obvious anyway.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

LOL.  Handled a criminal matter in Federal Court for the first time yesterday for clients charged w tresspassing, breaking and entering, and tampering w govt property in a National Park.   

Word to wise Lurker - if you and your boyfriend get caught in the stall in a National Park, the charges are federal. 

Let me guess you told the jury its was Obamas policies that forced them to do it, right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Let me guess you told the jury its was Obamas policies that forced them to do it, right?

Got it pled down to a Disorderly Conduct but w a large fine.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

While "multitasking" (read : crying on getbig the entire day) he found time to support his evidence with photoshop pics and unproven "sources".

I hear his star witness was that imaginary SEAL that came to his shitty apartment and shared the details of the Osama hit and the actual names of the soldiers involved in the raid with him. 

If I ever doubted he was a lawyer before, it's really cleared up now huh?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
While "multitasking" (read : crying on getbig the entire day) he found time to support his evidence with photoshop pics and unproven "sources".

I hear his star witness was that imaginary SEAL that came to his shitty apartment and shared the details of the Osama hit and the actual names of the soldiers involved in the raid with him. 

If I ever doubted he was a lawyer before, it's really cleared up now huh?

I never doubted you were a gay stalking jilted troll. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
I never doubted that you were a fake little shut in with an imaginary girlfriend who struggles to contain his gay projections.

Pathological liars are easy to see through.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It's awesome that Akin is not only staying in the race but now giving shit back to the party "bosses" who are trying to kick him out.   Good for him.  All he did was repeat a completely absurd lie that has been debunked a hundred times but which ProLife fundies keep promoting anyway.   Repubs have had many opportunities to get their act straight and tell the truth but they've continued to promote a lie so why should Akin take the fall for their collective failure to act

This should make the Republican Convention interesting

"I'm never going to say everything that could possibly happen," he said. "I don't know the future, but I do know this. I knew that the party voters took a look at our hearts, understood who we were, had a chance to meet us in many, many different ways and made a decision. And it makes me uncomfortable to think that the party bosses are going to dictate who runs as opposed to the election process."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57498013-503544/defiant-akin-in-senate-race-for-now-chides-party-bosses-for-trying-to-push-him-out/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It's awesome that Akin is not only staying in the race but now giving shit back to the party "bosses" who are trying to kick him out.   Good for him.  All he did was repeat a completely absurd lie that has been debunked a hundred times but which ProLife fundies keep promoting anyway.   Repubs have had many opportunities to get their act straight and tell the truth but they've continued to promote a lie so why should Akin take the fall for their collective failure to act

This should make the Republican Convention interesting

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57498013-503544/defiant-akin-in-senate-race-for-now-chides-party-bosses-for-trying-to-push-him-out/

Yet, despite this, he can still beat McCaskill. And, at the end of the day, Romney can keep rolling and boot Obama out of office.

In the event that happen, something tells me you're not going to think this is so "awesome".

Here are some of the reasons why (from an article I posted earlier).

Eleven reasons Akin didn’t quit
As one top Missouri Republican said this morning, "It's hard to reason with an idiot"
BY JEFFREY SMITH

Todd Akin declared Tuesday that he would not drop out of the U.S. Senate race in Missouri. Most East Coast journalists and politicos I’ve spoken with cannot fathom how Todd Akin could possibly remain a candidate. As a former Missouri politician who knows Akin, perhaps I can shed some light. Here are 11 reasons why he didn’t quit:

1. He’s 65 and it’s his last shot.

Often, party leaders will ease younger candidates out of races with promises of support for some future nomination. That won’t work with someone who gave up his House seat to run and who clearly doesn’t have a political future if he bows out.

2. His opponent, Claire McCaskill, hasn’t polled over 45 percent for 18 months.

This nomination is worth something when you have an incumbent who, when paired against just about anyone, has hovered in the low 40s since last spring. Most political scientists and operatives assume that most of the time, late-breaking undecided voters favor the challenger approximately 2-to-1, so any challenger appears to be in good shape.

3. He’s never been a deal-cutting legislator.

A leopard doesn’t change his spots. Akin has always been a true believer, and not a typical pragmatic pol, so it’s not in his character to cut a deal now.

4. His base is sticking.

Since he first got into politics, Akin has been a crusader for social conservative causes. Whether it was in support of home schooling or against abortion and gambling, Akin has not given an inch. And so the folks he stood up for are sticking with him, and for that matter, so is Mike Huckabee, whose support was critical in the primary.

5. He’s always been outspent.

The national party’s vow to withdraw financial support doesn’t bother him as much as it would most pols, since he’s been outspent in his two major primaries. As he has said, God has always pulled him through.

6. The establishment has never supported him.

In politics and life, you listen to the people you know and trust. Since the Republican establishment in Missouri and in D.C. never supported him, he owes them nothing now.

7. He has all the leverage.

He is the nominee in a state that Republicans must win if they are to take back the Senate. The National Republican Senatorial Committee and Karl Rove’s Crossroads GPS are not going to spend hundreds of millions around the country and then leave Missouri on the table out of stubbornness. Akin, an anti-gambling fanatic, should be smart enough to call their bluff.

8. Missourians seem to dislike McCaskill enough to overlook Akin’s idiocy.

An overnight poll by a respected firm taken after saturation coverage of Akin’s plight suggests that this whole affair didn’t change many minds; Akin still leads by a point.

9. The worst is probably over.

If he quits now, he’s a punch line forever; if he sticks, then (based on No. 9) he has a 50 percent chance of being a U.S. senator as well as a punch line.

10. Wounds take time to heal – especially when people pick at them.

John Brunner, a multimillionaire businessman whom Akin defeated in the primary, is positioning himself to step into the void if Akin quits, and some think he’d be a logical choice since he wouldn’t be burdened with fundraising and has no legislative record to defend. But Akin is still smarting from Brunner’s attack mailers in the primary, which compared Akin to Obama. And I suspect he doesn’t appreciate Brunner making his interest known so brazenly – and so soon after Akin’s misstep. The idea that Brunner, whom Akin just vanquished while being outspent approximately 5-to-1, could waltz in to replace him must make him seethe.

11. God told him to run and it may take God to tell him to quit.

Missouri politicians who have in the past tried to negotiate with Akin describe it as sort of like trying to negotiate with Ahmadinejad. He is a zealot, in every sense of the word. As one top Republican said this morning, “It’s hard to reason with an idiot.” Or maybe, it’s just hard to use worldly logic on someone who is divinely inspired.

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/21/eleven_reasons_why_akin_didnt_quit/

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
They should have cut that list off at #10.  Because reason #11 isn't exactly a glowing one.  Considering : He is a zealot, in every sense of the word. As one top Republican said this morning, “It’s hard to reason with an idiot.”

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
They should have cut that list off at #10.  Because reason #11 isn't exactly a glowing one.  Considering : He is a zealot, in every sense of the word. As one top Republican said this morning, “It’s hard to reason with an idiot.”

I think #11 was a parting shot at Akin, after making the point that (despite this bungle), it's not that unreasonable to think he can still defeat McCaskill.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I think #11 was a parting shot at Akin, after making the point that (despite this bungle), it's not that unreasonable to think he can still defeat McCaskill.

was it really a bungle since he actually believed what he said and the source of that belief has been floating around the Republican party for years and no major candidate or the party itself has repudiated that person or his beliefs

how much other total bullshit do Right to Lifers promote that just hasn't become a national scandal yet only because a high profile person repeated it at the wrong time and place

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
was it really a bungle since he actually believed what he said and the source of that belief has been floating around the Republican party for years and no major candidate or the party itself has repudiated that person or his beliefs

how much other total bullshit do Right to Lifers promote that just hasn't become a national scandal yet only because a high profile person repeated it at the wrong time and place

What pro-lifers promote, first and foremost, is that the baby in the womb is just that: A BABY!!!

You seem to have a problem with that.

Pro-life people promote doing as much as possible to let the baby LIVE; whereas, pro-choicers tend to look for any excuse to kill the unborn, as the lion's share of abortions have ZILCH to do with rape, incest, of the mother's life being in danger.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
What pro-lifers promote, first and foremost, is that the baby in the womb is just that: A BABY!!!

Pro-life people promote doing as much as possible to let the baby LIVE; whereas, pro-choicers tend to look for any excuse to kill the unborn, as the lion's share of abortions have ZILCH to do with rape, incest, of the mother's life being in danger.

most people have a problem with calling a fertilized egg a "baby"

but how about crazier stuff you guys say such as:

1.  emergency contraception is an abortion pill
2. 97% of what Planned Parenthood does is abortion
3. Condoms don't work

those are three that immeidiately come to mind but I'm sure there are more

Let's not forgot that many prolifers still believe exactly what Akin said last week about pregnancy and rape

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Funny how the libs get all upset over abortion and not a lick about the economy imploding. 

Care more about marrying dudes and killing off their kids than the fate of the nation. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Funny how the libs get all upset over abortion and not a lick about the economy imploding. 

Care more about marrying dudes and killing off their kids than the fate of the nation. 

the economy is not imploding dumbass and Repubs are the one who made abortion an ISSUE

shit, pretty much the ONLY thing Repubs have done since they got in power in 2010 is abortion legislation and voter suppression legislation

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Funny how idiots can't stay on the simple topic of a thread and yet expect others to believe they were allowed to practice in a federal courtroom. 

Ignorance can be overcome with education but there is no cure for stupidity.  Sucks for you.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
most people have a problem with calling a fertilized egg a "baby"

Please!!! By the time a woman even knows she's pregnant, "the fertilized egg" is WAY beyond that. It's a baby, with a heart, brain, lungs, etc.

but how about crazier stuff you guys say such as:

1.  emergency contraception is an abortion pill
2. 97% of what Planned Parenthood does is abortion
3. Condoms don't work

those are three that immeidiately come to mind but I'm sure there are more

1. In some cases, that's precisely what it is.
2. It's not what they do 97% of the time...BUT, it IS where they get a huge chunk of their money. Take out the abortion piece and see how long Planned Parenthood lasts.
3. They don't work in preventing certain STDs, namely herpes or HPV.

And why is it that liberals are all bent out of shape about ultrasound, before an abortion? What's the matter? Could it be that a woman might actually be led to believe that the entity in her womb is....GASP....a BABY?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
McWay - thank you for so perfectly proving my point about the profound ignorance of prolifers such as yourself

Please!!! By the time a woman even knows she's pregnant, "the fertilized egg" is WAY beyond that. It's a baby, with a heart, brain, lungs, etc.

Jesus I can't believe you actually wrote this and actually believe this.

Are there any doctors on this board who can enlighted McWay on this issue.   I really can't stop laughing long enough to be able to do it

1. In some cases, that's precisely what it is. - WRONG - it's NEVER an ABORTION - It PREVENTS CONCEPTION - Ask a doctor to explain it to you
2. It's not what they do 97% of the time...BUT, it IS where they get a huge chunk of their money. - Totally FALSE - the depth of your ignorance is just unbelievable.  I can't wait to see your source that shows revenue from abortion provides a large chunk of their money Take out the abortion piece and see how long Planned Parenthood lasts.
3. They don't work in preventing certain STDs, namely herpes or HPV - they work to prevent many STDs and they are definitley HIGHLY EFFECTIVE In preventing Pregnancy which is what were talking about.   Nothing is going to protect you from std's that can be transferred from skin-to-skin contact, like HPV (genital warts), syphilis, herpes

And why is it that liberals are all bent out of shape about ultrasound, before an abortion? What's the matter? Could it be that a woman might actually be led to believe that the entity in her womb is....GASP....a BABY?

McWay - check out this  picture of two babies

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
McWay - thank you for so perfectly proving my point about the profound ignorance of prolifers such as yourself

Jesus I can't believe you actually wrote this and actually believe this.

Are there any doctors on this board who can enlighted McWay on this issue.   I really can't stop laughing long enough to be able to do it

McWay - check out this  picture of two babies

Yes I did write that. And here's why.

“Planned Parenthood continues to claim that abortion is three percent of its services in the 2010 report. By comparing the number of condoms, birth control pills, and other low cost items distributed to the number of abortions it commits, Planned Parenthood intentionally misleads the public and those in charge of providing government funding for its grisly business by painting a grossly inaccurate picture of what its business is all about,” the group says.

It adds:  “By comparing PP’s abortion income with its clinic income, we get a much more accurate picture of Planned Parenthood’s business model. In 2010, Planned Parenthood’s abortion income was 51.5 percent of its clinic income.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/05/planned-parenthood-51-of-its-income-comes-from-abortions/why.

Gee, take away the source of over HALF of Planned Parenthood's income and see how long it lasts.

As for the emergency contraception thing:

A woman who uses EC after unprotected sex clearly intends to prevent pregnancy. However, she may be quite unaware of "where" she is in her cycle (i.e., whether or not she has ovulated). Although she may not intend to abort, the drug's action of altering the endometrium to interfere with implantation may in fact abort the developing embryo.

This point cannot be overemphasized. Once an ovum is in the Fallopian tube, the process of fertilization may begin within 15 to 30 minutes after intercourse. Thus some researchers conclude that interfering with the endometrium "could explain the majority of cases where pregnancies are prevented by the morning-after pill" (J. Wilks, A Consumer's Guide to the Pill and Other Drugs at 154 [1997], citing F. Grou and I. Rodrigues, "The morning-after pill: How long after?", 171 Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1529-34 [1994].) Without implantation, which occurs about a week after fertilization, the embryo cannot develop and will die.

Brown University associate professor of medicine, Ralph Miech, M.D., Ph.D., agrees. "This type of pill causes an abortion," he wrote in the Providence Journal on August 3, 1998. "From a pharmacologic perspective, this type of pill should be called an 'abortion-after pill'."

The question must be asked: "How is this contraception?" Women are being falsely led to believe that these pills are contraceptive in nature. But one of their common and intended modes of action is to prevent the development of the embryo, resulting in his or her death.

http://old.usccb.org/prolife/issues/abortion/fact1098.shtml

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the economy is not imploding dumbass and Repubs are the one who made abortion an ISSUE

shit, pretty much the ONLY thing Repubs have done since they got in power in 2010 is abortion legislation and voter suppression legislation

Romney and Ryan are talking about economic issues, Medicare, and jobs. Meanwhile, the DNC just booked that hack, Sandra Fluke, as a keynote speaker at the convention.

You and the rest of the libs are howling about abortion, hoping to detract from Obama's pitiful record, namely the trillions in debt and 8% or higher unemployment for 43 straight months.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Romney and Ryan are talking about economic issues, Medicare, and jobs. Meanwhile, the DNC just booked that hack, Sandra Fluke, as a keynote speaker at the convention.

You and the rest of the libs are howling about abortion, hoping to detract from Obama's pitiful record, namely the trillions in debt and 8% or higher unemployment for 43 straight months.

Another communist Keynesian screaming for the government to fix the private market ::)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

So you want to take away a womans right to save a bunch of cells with no consciousness, but when those cellls are a human you dont think it has a right to health(care) ???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Another communist Keynesian screaming for the government to fix the private market ::)
it amazes me that ppl such as yourself cannot seem to understand that wanting the govt to get out of the way is somehow the same as saying they want govt to fix the economy ::)

goodness gracious...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
it amazes me that ppl such as yourself cannot seem to understand that wanting the govt to get out of the way is somehow the same as saying they want govt to fix the economy ::)

goodness gracious...

It amazes me that people such as yourself can claim they want government out of our lives yet log on to a message board everyday and plead Obama to fix the economy. Obama cant fix the economy he doesnt have the power ::)