Author Topic: Why Should Akin Quit - His Views Perfectly Conform With Repub Party Platform  (Read 3825 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

It amazes me that people such as yourself can claim they want government out of our lives yet log on to a message board everyday and plead Obama to fix the economy. Obama cant fix the economy he doesnt have the power ::)

Don't forget to add the "goodness gracious".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Akin sits on the committee for science & technology?

The dude doesn't understand the uterus and he's making national policy on sexy time.

Da-Fuq?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

The dude doesn't understand the uterus and he's making national policy on sexy time.

Da-Fuq?

You got to be fucking kidding me...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Da-Fuq?

Remember the Republican committee for women's rights didn't even include a single woman in it's members.  Hypocrisy is an amazing thing at times.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Remember the Republican committee for women's rights didn't even include a single woman in it's members.  Hypocrisy is an amazing thing at times.

LOL - gay marriage and abortion really have you and you boyfriend Straw all worked up lately. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
I didn't remember the women rights or the science and technology committee discussing gay marriage.  Maybe you can provide a link or is this more of your usual projecting?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
LOL - gay marriage and abortion really have you and you boyfriend Straw all worked up lately. 

weird and unnecessary comment.

This dude was on the science committee... surely you're not trying to defend/deflect that, 33? 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I didn't remember the women rights or the science and technology committee discussing gay marriage.  Maybe you can provide a link or is this more of your usual projecting?

Haha 333... owned he cant keep his gay projections out of anything

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

This dude was on the science committee... surely you're not trying to defend/deflect that, 33? 

Akin is the Hank Johnson of the GOP

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Not for our board retard it wasn't.  He is obsessed with "gay".   You would think he would get enough of it at his weekly Log Cabin Republican meetings but yet he still has to trot his self loathing and projections out here for all of us to see.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yes I did write that. And here's why.

“Planned Parenthood continues to claim that abortion is three percent of its services in the 2010 report. By comparing the number of condoms, birth control pills, and other low cost items distributed to the number of abortions it commits, Planned Parenthood intentionally misleads the public and those in charge of providing government funding for its grisly business by painting a grossly inaccurate picture of what its business is all about,” the group says.

It adds:  “By comparing PP’s abortion income with its clinic income, we get a much more accurate picture of Planned Parenthood’s business model. In 2010, Planned Parenthood’s abortion income was 51.5 percent of its clinic income.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/05/planned-parenthood-51-of-its-income-comes-from-abortions/why.

Gee, take away the source of over HALF of Planned Parenthood's income and see how long it lasts.

As for the emergency contraception thing:

A woman who uses EC after unprotected sex clearly intends to prevent pregnancy. However, she may be quite unaware of "where" she is in her cycle (i.e., whether or not she has ovulated). Although she may not intend to abort, the drug's action of altering the endometrium to interfere with implantation may in fact abort the developing embryo.

This point cannot be overemphasized. Once an ovum is in the Fallopian tube, the process of fertilization may begin within 15 to 30 minutes after intercourse. Thus some researchers conclude that interfering with the endometrium "could explain the majority of cases where pregnancies are prevented by the morning-after pill" (J. Wilks, A Consumer's Guide to the Pill and Other Drugs at 154 [1997], citing F. Grou and I. Rodrigues, "The morning-after pill: How long after?", 171 Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1529-34 [1994].) Without implantation, which occurs about a week after fertilization, the embryo cannot develop and will die.

Brown University associate professor of medicine, Ralph Miech, M.D., Ph.D., agrees. "This type of pill causes an abortion," he wrote in the Providence Journal on August 3, 1998. "From a pharmacologic perspective, this type of pill should be called an 'abortion-after pill'."

The question must be asked: "How is this contraception?" Women are being falsely led to believe that these pills are contraceptive in nature. But one of their common and intended modes of action is to prevent the development of the embryo, resulting in his or her death.

http://old.usccb.org/prolife/issues/abortion/fact1098.shtml

McWay - good news for you and your fundie buddies.   You now longer have to depend on the speculation of a single doctor from 14 years ago.  There has been a bunch of new data in the last 14 years that concludes that Plan B is most definitely contraception.   I'm sure the fundie websites will scramble to update their sites and tell their fellow ProLifers to scratch this off their list of grievances.   If fact the NYT just wrote an article about all the research done in the past 14 years and so did Mother Jones

For over a decade, anti-abortion activists have objected to emergency contraception, claiming that it prevents already fertilized eggs from implanting in women's uteruses and therefore terminates pregnancies.

Just one problem: the science doesn't support them.

That’s according to an exhaustive New York Times article published this week that reviewed decades worth of science on how what's commonly known as the morning-after pill works. Most of this research took place after 1999, when Plan B and other similar drugs were first approved for the market.

Back then, the drug's mechanisms weren't well understood; pre-approval research focused on establishing that emergency contraception's active hormone safely and effectively prevented pregnancy when taken shortly after unprotected sex. While government scientists were satisfied the drug worked, they didn't have a clear understanding of exactly how it did; so the FDA label provided a laundry list of potential causes, including the one—interfering with the implantation of a fertilized egg in the woman's uterus—that has drawn fire from rock-ribbed pro-lifers.

Since then, the science has developed a much clearer picture of the drug's effects. Study after study has conclusively shown that emergency contraception (or EC) actually prevents egg release—and without eggs, naturally, fertilization can't happen, let alone implantation. Other studies have in fact shown that the drug is ineffective when taken after a woman has already ovulated. The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics has stated conclusively that the three emergency contraception drugs on the market "do not inhibit implantation."
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/06/morning-after-pill-plan-b-abortion-implantation-personhood

More good news for you (though the actual #'s are irrelevent to me).  The link you provided to support your claim that Planned Parenthood gets a "large chunk" of their funding appears to be false (again, I'm sure you're relieved to hear this but I personally couldnt' give a shit if they got 100% of their revenue from performing abortion)

Since your link didn't work I found another fundie website who reviewed PP revenue sources from their 2008/2009 report and they received 155 million from abortions out of total revenue of 1.1 billion.    That means that abortion services provided only 14% fo their total revenue.   The best part about the link is that they chose to use those same #'s but didn't make the 14% figure their headline.  I wonder why not?
http://liveaction.org/blog/planned-parenthoods-revenue-comes-from-paying-non-abortion-customers/

Here's the really "Good News" so pay close attention.   You're fortunate enough to live in a country where no one can force their moral standard on to you.  Abortion is legal and if you don't want to have one you are totally free to make that choice.  No one can ever force you or someone you know to get an abortion.
Of course that also means that you don't get to force your standards on anyone else either.  
Itsn't that great?

tonymctones

• Getbig V

It amazes me that people such as yourself can claim they want government out of our lives yet log on to a message board everyday and plead Obama to fix the economy. Obama cant fix the economy he doesnt have the power ::)
by not passing horrible legislation like obamacare, dodd frank, toying with letting tax rates increase in a recession, raising taxes govt could help the economy BY NOT HURTING IT YOU MORON!!!

how do you not understand that?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
McWay - good news for you and your fundie buddies.   You now longer have to depend on the speculation of a single doctor from 14 years ago.  There has been a bunch of new data in the last 14 years that concludes that Plan B is most definitely contraception.   I'm sure the fundie websites will scramble to update their sites and tell their fellow ProLifers to scratch this off their list of grievances.   If fact the NYT just wrote an article about all the research done in the past 14 years and so did Mother Jones
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/06/morning-after-pill-plan-b-abortion-implantation-personhood

More good news for you (though the actual #'s are irrelevent to me).  The link you provided to support your claim that Planned Parenthood gets a "large chunk" of their funding appears to be false (again, I'm sure you're relieved to hear this but I personally couldnt' give a shit if they got 100% of their revenue from performing abortion)

Since your link didn't work I found another fundie website who reviewed PP revenue sources from their 2008/2009 report and they received 155 million from abortions out of total revenue of 1.1 billion.    That means that abortion services provided only 14% fo their total revenue.   The best part about the link is that they chose to use those same #'s but didn't make the 14% figure their headline.  I wonder why not?
http://liveaction.org/blog/planned-parenthoods-revenue-comes-from-paying-non-abortion-customers/

Here's the really "Good News" so pay close attention.   You're fortunate enough to live in a country where no one can force their moral standard on to you.  Abortion is legal and if you don't want to have one you are totally free to make that choice.  No one can ever force you or someone you know to get an abortion.
Of course that also means that you don't get to force your standards on anyone else either.  
Itsn't that great?

Mcway owned big time here :D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
by not passing horrible legislation like obamacare, dodd frank, toying with letting tax rates increase in a recession, raising taxes govt could help the economy BY NOT HURTING IT YOU MORON!!!

how do you not understand that?

Yes if we just didnt do the above the economy would be fine ::)
The world is sooo simple

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Yes if we just didnt do the above the economy would be fine ::)
The world is sooo simple

Your lack of any economic knowledge is amazing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

The link didn't work, because I accidentally posted the wrong one, instead of this one:

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/05/planned-parenthood-51-of-its-income-comes-from-abortions/

As for the claim of abortion being a mere 14% of Planned Parenthood's total revenue in 2009, you might want to count that again:

In its previous annual report, covering 2009, planned Parenthood did 332,278 surgical abortions or abortions using the dangerous RU 486 abortion drug and its clinics across the nation brought in $404.9 million in revenues. Abortions dropped to 329,445 in this latest annual report and clinic income dropped to $320 million.

Using an estimate from the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, a former Planned Parenthood research arm that still receives funding from the abortion business for its abortion statistics and research, the average cost of an abortion is $468. Multiplying the number of abortions times the average cost and factoring that against the total income Planned Parenthood’s clinics derived, approximately $154 million of its $320 million in clinic (or 48 percent) income is derived from abortions.

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/12/30/planned-parenthood-report-1b-group-gets-46-from-tax-money/

405 million (revenue) via abortions out of 1.1 billion overall.....that don't sound like 14% to me (actually it's about 38%).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The link didn't work, because I accidentally posted the wrong one, instead of this one:

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/05/planned-parenthood-51-of-its-income-comes-from-abortions/

As for the claim of abortion being a mere 14% of Planned Parenthood's total revenue in 2009, you might want to count that again:
In its previous annual report, covering 2009, planned Parenthood did 332,278 surgical abortions or abortions using the dangerous RU 486 abortion drug and its clinics across the nation brought in $404.9 million in revenues. Abortions dropped to 329,445 in this latest annual report and clinic income dropped to $320 million.

Using an estimate from the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, a former Planned Parenthood research arm that still receives funding from the abortion business for its abortion statistics and research, the average cost of an abortion is $468. Multiplying the number of abortions times the average cost and factoring that against the total income Planned Parenthood’s clinics derived, approximately $154 million of its $320 million in clinic (or 48 percent) income is derived from abortions.

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/12/30/planned-parenthood-report-1b-group-gets-46-from-tax-money/

405 million (revenue) via abortions out of 1.1 billion overall.....that don't sound like 14% to me (actually it's about 38%).

it's not my count - it came from a fundie website and unlike you links they actually linked back to Planned Parenthoods annual report

you can check out the link again here:

and within that link you'll find a link to the actual report here
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/PPFA_Annual_Report_08-09-FINAL-12-10-10.pdf

BTW - do you realize that the fundie website I posted said 155 million came from abortions and yours said 154 million?

The only difference is that the fundie site I used is comparing that figure to their total revenue where you're just comparing it to one part of their total revenue

Your original claim was a "huge chuk of their money" not a huge chunk of one part of their total funding

2. It's not what they do 97% of the time...BUT, it IS where they get a huge chunk of their money. Take out the abortion piece and see how long Planned Parenthood lasts.

great job once again owning yourself

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

it's not my count - it came from a fundie website and unlike you links they actually linked back to Planned Parenthoods annual report

you can check out the link again here:

and within that link you'll find a link to the actual report here
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/PPFA_Annual_Report_08-09-FINAL-12-10-10.pdf

BTW - do you realize that the fundie website I posted said 155 million came from abortions and yours said 154 million?

The only difference is that the fundie site I used is comparing that figure to their total revenue where you're just comparing it to one part of their total revenue

Your original claim was a "huge chuk of their money" not a huge chunk of one part of their total funding

great job once again owning yourself

I'm sorry!! Where on that graph does it state that NONE of the 61% of revenue from public and private donations goes toward abortion again?

Without government funding and a robust abortion business, it isn’t likely that Planned Parenthood would be able to keep operating in its current form. In short, for Planned Parenthood to survive as-is, they are beholden to advance a robust abortion business and engage in controversial political involvement in an attempt to keep the taxpayer funding flowing.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I'm sorry!! Where on that graph does it state that NONE of the 61% of revenue from public and private donations goes toward abortion again?
Without government funding and a robust abortion business, it isn’t likely that Planned Parenthood would be able to keep operating in its current form. In short, for Planned Parenthood to survive as-is, they are beholden to advance a robust abortion business and engage in controversial political involvement in an attempt to keep the taxpayer funding flowing.

what ?

now you're trying to change the topic ?

what's that got to do with your claim that

"It's not what they do 97% of the time...BUT, it IS where they get a huge chunk of their money"

the facts are that 3% of what they do are abortions (I wouldn't care if it were 100%) and they only get 14% of their total revenue from providing abortions

Those are the facts

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
what ?

now you're trying to change the topic ?

what's that got to do with your claim that

"It's not what they do 97% of the time...BUT, it IS where they get a huge chunk of their money"

the facts are that 3% of what they do are abortions (I wouldn't care if it were 100%) and they only get 14% of their total revenue from providing abortions

Those are the facts

That's not changing the topic. Planned Parenthood gets a huge chunk of their money from government (and from private funding) to go towards abortion.

That's why liberals get bend out of shape, when you talk about whacking federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

The GOP's platform is to end taxpayer money going towards abortion (not condoms, not birth control pills, not cancer screenings, not vaccines, not the other services behind which liberals hide to justify their getting loot from Uncle Sam).....ABORTION.

Liberals would hardly be going bonkers about such (being a mere "3%" of what they do and all  ::) )....UNLESS a HUGE CHUNK of money from the government were going toward abortion. You'd think private donations and direct revenue would be sufficient.

14% of PP's money comes from revenue from abortion (i.e. actual paying customers)....guess what that means.

Without Uncle Sam's dollars, a huge chunk of their money that goes for abortions is.....GONE!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
That's not changing the topic. Planned Parenthood gets a huge chunk of their money from government (and from private funding) to go towards abortion.

That's why liberals get bend out of shape, when you talk about whacking federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

The GOP's platform is to end taxpayer money going towards abortion (not condoms, not birth control pills, not cancer screenings, not vaccines, not the other services behind which liberals hide to justify their getting loot from Uncle Sam).....ABORTION.

Liberals would hardly be going bonkers about such (being a mere "3%" of what they do and all  ::) )....UNLESS a HUGE CHUNK of money from the government were going toward abortion. You'd think private donations and direct revenue would be sufficient.

14% of PP's money comes from revenue from abortion (i.e. actual paying customers)....guess what that means.

Without Uncle Sam's dollars, a huge chunk of their money that goes for abortions is.....GONE!!!

you have no proof of this statement

Other than you claiming that "PP gets a huge chunk of their money from the government to go towards abortions" you have absolute nothing to back up this claim and even at face value makes no sense

Abortion is only 3% of what they do (you've agreed to this already) and only 14% of their total revenue

I've got a hint for you to share with you fundie buddies

You don't need to make up lies to support your position on abortion

You are against abortion - period

The fact that it's only 3% of what PP does and only 14% of their total revenue is irrelevent

You want both of those #'s to be zero

No need to make up bullshit about different numbers or make claims you can't prove

Also, no need to make up bullship about rape not leading to pregnancy, condoms don't work,etc..

All that does is make you and your fundie buddies look like a bunch of morons

You're simply against abortion......period

If you can't defend the position without resorting to lies then maybe you need to reconsider your beliefs

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why should that loon who was sucking cock of the 17 at the rest stop step down for the Demos? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Why should that loon who was sucking cock of the 17 at the rest stop step down for the Demos? 

?

I don't even know what your'e talking about

what's up with your constant need to bring up gay shit?

fucking weird dude

seriously

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
?

I don't even know what your'e talking about

what's up with your constant need to bring up gay shit?

fucking weird dude

seriously

You know damn well what I am talking about. 

The Demo running who was busted w the 17 yo boy. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

you have no proof of this statement

Other than you claiming that "PP gets a huge chunk of their money from the government to go towards abortions" you have absolute nothing to back up this claim and even at face value makes no sense

Abortion is only 3% of what they do (you've agreed to this already) and only 14% of their total revenue

But, it doesn't equate to 3% of the money they're getting. The proof, at the very least, are the libs who go ape about bills and laws that defund Planned Parenthood.

You keep pretending that all this fuss is over "3%" of services. We can use the laughs.

I've got a hint for you to share with you fundie buddies.

You don't need to make up lies to support your position on abortion

You are against abortion - period

The fact that it's only 3% of what PP does and only 14% of their total revenue is irrelevent

You want both of those #'s to be zero

No need to make up bullshit about different numbers or make claims you can't prove

Also, no need to make up bullship about rape not leading to pregnancy, condoms don't work,etc..

All that does is make you and your fundie buddies look like a bunch of morons

You're simply against abortion......period

If you can't defend the position without resorting to lies then maybe you need to reconsider your beliefs

There's no lying involved, especially when it comes to taking your claims apart. Once again, kindly point out in that graph where NONE of the government or private funding goes toward abortion.

All you lefties need to do, which we all know you lack the spine/balls to do, is put your money where your mouths are....literally.

Stop the federal funding for abortion, since you claim that it's only "3%" of its services. Keep all the other stuff; but cease the government funding for abortion.

But, that's not going to happen because, as I said, it's a huge chunk of PP's money. Take away the dough from Uncle Sam and PP collapses.