Author Topic: 500 economists, 5 Nobel laureates back Romney economic plan  (Read 525 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
500 economists, 5 Nobel laureates back Romney economic plan
« on: August 22, 2012, 03:28:26 AM »
The 526 economists — including Nobel laureates Gary Becker, Robert Lucas, Robert Mundell, Edward Prescott, and Myron Scholes — point to six facets of Romney’s economic approach that they see as beneficial to future economic success.

-    Reduce marginal tax rates on business and wage incomes and broaden the tax base to increase investment, jobs, and living standards.
-    End the exploding federal debt by controlling the growth of spending so federal spending does not exceed 20 percent of the economy.
-    Restructure regulation to end “too big to fail,” improve credit availability to entrepreneurs and small businesses, and increase regulatory accountability, and ensure that all regulations pass rigorous benefit-cost tests.
-    Improve our Social Security and Medicare programs by reducing their growth to sustainable levels, ensuring their viability over the long term, and protecting those in or near retirement.
-    Reform our healthcare system to harness market forces and thereby reduce costs and increase quality, empowering patients and doctors, rather than the federal bureaucracy.
-    Promote energy policies that increase domestic production, enlarge the use of all western hemisphere resources, encourage the use of new technologies, end wasteful subsidies, and rely more on market forces and less on government planners.

[...]

Among the Obama policies with which the 526 economists take issue include:

-    Relied on short-term “stimulus” programs, which provided little sustainable lift to the economy, and enacted and proposed significant tax increases for all Americans.
-    Offered no plan to reduce federal spending and stop the growth of the debt-to-GDP ratio.
-    Failed to propose Social Security reform and offered a Medicare proposal that relies on a panel of bureaucrats to set prices, quantities, and qualities of healthcare services.
-    Favored a large expansion of economic regulation across many sectors, with little regard for proper cost-benefit analysis and with a disturbing degree of favoritism toward special interests.
-    Enacted health care legislation that centralizes health care decisions and increases the power of the federal bureaucracy to impose one-size-fits-all solutions on patients and doctors, and creates greater incentives for waste.
-    Favored expansion of one-size-fits-all federal rulemaking, with an erosion of the ability of state and local governments to make decisions appropriate for their particular circumstances.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/20/more-than-500-economists-5-nobel-laureates-back-romneys-economic-strategy/

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 500 economists, 5 Nobel laureates back Romney economic plan
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 03:36:04 AM »
+1 for Romney thats for sure

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 03:45:53 AM »
Obama has no plan, has no intention of fixing anything, does not care one bit about his horrible record, and is in office t loot and grift the nation and turn us into a third world hell hole.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 03:54:54 AM »
Obama has no plan, has no intention of fixing anything, does not care one bit about his horrible record, and is in office t loot and grift the nation and turn us into a third world hell hole.
thats not true he does have a tax plan that one of the most respected accounting/consulting firms in the world says will cut 700K jobs ;)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 04:28:30 AM »

If you want people to support the repub i suggest you start adressing grown-ups instead of kids. Compare your post with Howards and see where it differs. You are shooting yourself in the foot by using this rhetoric.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 04:31:35 AM »
If you want people to support the repub i suggest you start adressing grown-ups instead of kids. Compare your post with Howards and see where it differs. You are shooting yourself in the foot by using this rhetoric.

Been there done that.  Obama supporters will forever be stuck on stupid and deserve to be treated as such. 

As for Romney' plan, the one thing I will say - he is the definition of turn around guy to rehab a failing situation.  I don't give one rats' ass about abortion, gay marriage, or the social issues, I care about the nations' finances and disastrous situation we are in on the debt, deficit, and economic catastrophe we are in that has 0% chance of improving so long as obama, reid, jarrett, biden, axelrod, have power. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 04:34:04 AM »
I thought the Nobel prize had no merit... they'd give it to anyone these days?

Suddenly ppl given the prize have credibility.

33, which is it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 04:42:46 AM »
I thought the Nobel prize had no merit... they'd give it to anyone these days?

Suddenly ppl given the prize have credibility.

33, which is it?

I could care less if Daffy Duck endorsed Romneys' plan, it stil beats Obama's non-existent plan that has turned out to be a disaster beyond words. 

Time for a change as what we are doing now DOES NOT WORK, NEVER HAS WORKED, WILL NOT WORK, HAS NOT WORKED, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO WORK. 

Its only highly delusional and pyschotic partisans who want to stay on this road we are on and not at least consider a change from these horrible policies. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 04:50:20 AM »
Been there done that.  Obama supporters will forever be stuck on stupid and deserve to be treated as such. 

As for Romney' plan, the one thing I will say - he is the definition of turn around guy to rehab a failing situation.  I don't give one rats' ass about abortion, gay marriage, or the social issues, I care about the nations' finances and disastrous situation we are in on the debt, deficit, and economic catastrophe we are in that has 0% chance of improving so long as obama, reid, jarrett, biden, axelrod, have power. 

So instead you will keep posting stuff that makes swing voters dislike the GOP ???
Sounds a little counter productive, no?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 04:58:13 AM »
So instead you will keep posting stuff that makes swing voters dislike the GOP ???
Sounds a little counter productive, no?

If my posts are going to change someones' mind one way or the other, that person needs serious help. 

The only thing that should change someones' mind are the actual results of the policies we have implemented over the past 4 years and whether they have worked or no. 

Debt - worse

Deficit - worse

Jobs picture - DISASTER

Health , education,  energy, food costs - skyrocketing

Wars - still going on - More deaths in Afghanistan in Obama's 3 years vs Bush 8