Author Topic: GOP Convention Theme,"We Built This". However Stadium was financed by Public $$  (Read 2972 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The issue isn't public vs private funding of anything.  The issue is Obama's (and earlier  Elizabeth Warren's) attempt to paint government's public works projects as being as instrumental to the success of private enterprise as the efforts of the entrepreneur who started the company.  This is ludicrous on its face and attempts by Liberals like TA to change the focus of the issue are nothing more than futile attempts to distract people from Obama's natural hostility towards private enterprise .

As usual, it's the liberals' mantra that, simply because they have a pulse, they are entitled to someone else's money and resources.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
Hurricane is heading straight for us in Tampa. The convention is fucked!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Hurricane is heading straight for us in Tampa. The convention is fucked!!!
Maybe they can all pray the hurricane away?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
As usual, it's the liberals' mantra that, simply because they have a pulse, they are entitled to someone else's money and resources.
I think thats the Republican Mantra here in this case.  :D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
;D

http://www.thedailydolt.com/2012/08/22/gop-announces-convention-theme-we-built-this-in-stadium-built-with-62-government-funds/

GOP Announces Convention Theme “We Built This” In Stadium Built With 62% Government Funds

Apparently rejecting a more controversial “You Didn’t Really Get Raped, Pregnant Lady” theme for its 2012 convention, the GOP has announced that its Tuesday night session will be themed “We Built This!” The sentiment serves as both a celebration of American entrepreneurship and an attack on President Obama’s previous comments to business owners. President Obama received criticism over his remark, “Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you [business owners] to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

However, the stadium where the GOP will be announcing “We Built This!” was financed primarily by the government. The Tampa Bay Times Forum arena, which houses the Tampa Bay Lightning, was built in 1996 as the “Ice Palace” with 62% government funds. The total budget for the project was $139 million, of which public money accounted for $86 million and team money accounted for $53 million.
the government doesnt fund any money it funnels it from taxpayers
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
but dems aren't holding up a sign braggin "We built this!"

This stadium was built with 86 mil in tax payer funds.  There are plenty of examples of shit thry actually built, that they can brag about.  

But acceping that much taxpayer $ then bragging "We did this!!" is weak.

how so are you forgetting we are the tax payer and we are the ones with the funds to begin with that we earned through working???? and the goverment takes these funds and say "we will do what we seem fit with YOUR money"
A

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
The folks of Iowa built these wind turbines.

And Mitt Romney says, "NO!"

&feature=plcp[/youtube]

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
how so are you forgetting we are the tax payer and we are the ones with the funds to begin with that we earned through working???? and the goverment takes these funds and say "we will do what we seem fit with YOUR money"

Mitt Romney wants to raise your taxes.

In exchange he'll lower the taxes for millionaires and billionaires in hopes that a trickle down effect will benefit the middle class.

We'll Mr. Romney, Trickle Down Economics didn't work then, and it won't work now!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Mitt Romney wants to raise your taxes.

In exchange he'll lower the taxes for millionaires and billionaires in hopes that a trickle down effect will benefit the middle class.

We'll Mr. Romney, Trickle Down Economics didn't work then, and it won't work now!

You're probably younger than Wes and I, but Reagan's 'trickle down' economics was labeled 'voodoo economics' by all contemporary observers - with good reason.   :-\

Eric2

• Getbig IV
GOVERNMENT FUNDS= stealing money from those who do build it. Plainly put the private sector built it buy providing the funds for which the government takes/ taxes.

h

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

&feature=plcp[/youtube]
it costs too much to build those high tech fans and alot of raw materials and waste

if they want to build windmills make them out of wood and some wires
A

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne

NEW DEMOCRAT HERO.......

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- A Minnesota Democrat who had a rest-stop sexual encounter with a 17-year-old boy said Wednesday he's still running for re-election, defying party leaders who urged him to drop out as they battle to regain control of the state Legislature.

Rep. Kerry Gauthier, 56, told Northland's NewsCenter in Duluth that he will let people in his district decide his political future, "rather than the political power base in St. Paul." Gauthier told the news network he is "a better person than this incident portrayed me."

Police say Gauthier admitted engaging in oral sex with the boy on July 22 after the first-term lawmaker from Duluth advertised on Craigslist for "no strings attached" sex. Police declined to charge him because the boy was older than 16, the legal age of consent, and no money was exchanged.

Gauthier has not returned repeated calls and messages from The Associated Press since the scandal broke.

"I am sorry for the hurt this has caused my family, friends and my constituents. I know I made a mistake and am determined to make amends as best I can," Gauthier said in a statement posted online by the Duluth News Tribune.

He appeared in a photo on the network's website with a few supporters. In the interview, Gauthier explained his hospitalization last week as the story became public by saying he had taken several muscle relaxants and lost consciousness.

"I took an overdose of pills to not feel any pain and this resulted in my hospitalization," he said in the statement, adding that he has been in recovery from chemical dependency for 30 years with one relapse.

Gauthier told the station his unwillingness to accept he is gay led him to engage in the inappropriate liaison in a public place. He said he is getting counseling. He also said he feels badly for the teen and wouldn't talk specifically about the incident to protect the boy.

"I can change my behavior, but I cannot change the fact that I am a gay man, and have known this since my college days. I simply must act like a mature gay man would act, and not as the incident portrays me," the network quoted him as saying.

Rep. Tom Huntley, a Democrat whose Duluth district adjoins Gauthier's, told the Duluth News Tribune he considers Gauthier a "child molester."

"Why would anybody support someone that did what he did?" Huntley said in an Associated Press interview. "I am a strong supporter of gay rights, but that does not mean 55-year-olds with 17-year-olds. And I just can't imagine the public would approve of that."

But Gauthier has support from labor activists, including Alan Netland of the Northeast Area Labor Council.

"He had a personal problem but it doesn't affect the fact that he's a great representative for working people," Netland said.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

Right on point as usual Johnny Falcon!  Keep up the good work, we're still pulling for Bill Falcons recovery!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Right on point as usual Johnny Falcon!  Keep up the good work, we're still pulling for Bill Falcons recovery!
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
billy falcon said some things that cannot be unsaid
A

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
You're fools to think any candidate or party represents you or that you're allowed to have a say in how things are run.

But it's not like any of you are gonna write Beethoven's 10th...so carry on.