Author Topic: Zoom needed for nfl games?  (Read 5099 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Zoom needed for nfl games?
« on: August 22, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »
Going to the Texan vs packer game this year and I want to take some good pics. The general rule seems to be a compact camera with a 3 inch or under lens. So I can't take my Nikon slr. So what do you guy think?
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Zoom needed for nfl games?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 09:12:14 PM »
Tell Cushing I said "Hi".

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »
Tell Cushing I said "Hi".

Translation: Tell Cushing he owes me for the test I sold him.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »
Forget about it!
Your closer to the texans cheer leaders, get some upskirt shots, or group pics for Which one would you hit threads

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 06:40:13 AM »
waste of memory on your SD card.  Take photos of a football game that will be on TV a thousand times in a season.  Might as well just take photos of the air

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 07:39:26 AM »
if i remember right they dont have rules against dslrs but telelenses

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 07:56:01 AM »
If you don't have a field or press pass, might as well forget about it. If you have either, that set up around an end zone for the better opportunity for pictures.

Worst place to try and take pictures  (from my experience  as player and field guest), if your a paying customer and sitting in the stands, is the the LA Coliseum. Never knew why they never moved the stands closer in the playing field, specially the eastern end, where the clock is.
F

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 09:37:17 AM »
if i remember right they dont have rules against dslrs but telelenses
Cowboy Stadium says compact cameras with an 3 inch or less non removable len.
Reliant Stadium just says non-pro cameras.
A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »
Cowboy Stadium says compact cameras with an 3 inch or less non removable len.
Reliant Stadium just says non-pro cameras.

NFL doesn't want anymore SpyGate

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
Get a smartphone. I get pretty good pics at Ravens games, but they have a great stadium. Not like that piece of shit FedEx field. Can't see shit there.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »
Get a smartphone. I get pretty good pics at Ravens games, but they have a great stadium. Not like that piece of shit FedEx field. Can't see shit there.
I tried that last year with my iPhone 4 and a s95. Even from great seats, my bro has great cowboy season tickets.  My game time pics sucked ass. Even cheerleader sideline pics sucked ass.
A

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 08:43:56 AM »

NFL doesn't want anymore SpyGate

Yup, and as long as roger is there expect harsher rules and regulations

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 10:00:33 AM »
Going to the Texan vs packer game this year and I want to take some good pics. The general rule seems to be a compact camera with a 3 inch or under lens. So I can't take my Nikon slr. So what do you guy think?
what dslr do you have? bought a canon 5d2 two weeks ago, awesome camera. not the best autofocus but the picture quality is miles ahead of my other camera 50d

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 04:42:38 PM »
  Fronting PED sucks

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 12:38:07 PM »
what dslr do you have? bought a canon 5d2 two weeks ago, awesome camera. not the best autofocus but the picture quality is miles ahead of my other camera 50d
Nothing that $$$. Just a Nikon d3100 and some Lens.
A

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 01:08:20 PM »
so are you wanting advice on a new compact option, I'm assuming?   Try one of the those micro 4/3rds mirrorless cameras from Panasonic or Olympus.  Small (even pocketable in a coat jacket) with small interchangeable lenses, decent quality pics.  Although their zooms aren't that fast...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »
so are you wanting advice on a new compact option, I'm assuming?   Try one of the those micro 4/3rds mirrorless cameras from Panasonic or Olympus.  Small (even pocketable in a coat jacket) with small interchangeable lenses, decent quality pics.  Although their zooms aren't that fast...
the problem with those are the interchangeable lens. Can't bring those into the stadium.
A

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »
the problem with those are the interchangeable lens. Can't bring those into the stadium.

Gotcha....guess you're left with a superzoom compact option if you want to get even somewhat close to the action.  Depends if you want one for the long run (for more future games) or just this one shot.  Those Kodak superzooms are pretty damn cheap at 12X + magnification, could probably pick one up at $100 or less.  Decent quality for practically a throw away.  Otherwise, Canon S95 or S100 is good quality (though not as far of a reach), Olympus has a pretty nice XZ-1 with big aperture and modest zoom.  They both shoot raw files, too, which is nice.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 01:29:17 PM »
I would just focus on cheerleader upskirts, if I were in your situation; they're closer anyways if you can get on their side of the field :P

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
Gotcha....guess you're left with a superzoom compact option if you want to get even somewhat close to the action.  Depends if you want one for the long run (for more future games) or just this one shot.  Those Kodak superzooms are pretty damn cheap at 12X + magnification, could probably pick one up at $100 or less.  Decent quality for practically a throw away.  Otherwise, Canon S95 or S100 is good quality (though not as far of a reach), Olympus has a pretty nice XZ-1 with big aperture and modest zoom.  They both shoot raw files, too, which is nice.
I want something i can used more the once. I been eying the COOLPIX S800c. Looks sweet, but only 10x zoom.
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »
I would just focus on cheerleader upskirts, if I were in your situation; they're closer anyways if you can get on their side of the field :P
i wouldn't go to a game unless the seats are great. If they are not great, ill watch from home.
A