Author Topic: Romney campaign to air Ron Paul tribute during convention  (Read 1214 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Romney campaign to air Ron Paul tribute during convention
« on: August 24, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »
Great idea.  Much better than giving him a speaking role. 

Romney campaign to air Ron Paul tribute during convention
Posted by CNN Political Reporter Peter Hamby

Tampa, Florida (CNN) - Mitt Romney's presidential campaign said Friday that they plan to air a video tribute to Rep. Ron Paul, his former Republican primary rival, during the second night of the Republican National Convention.

The olive branch from the Romney team comes after months of grassroots organizing by Paul's fiercely loyal supporters, some of whom had hoped to nominate the libertarian-leaning congressman on the convention floor.

In a briefing with reporters, a Romney adviser said the Paul tribute on Tuesday will feature "several of his colleagues" who will "give testimony to his principles and his dedication to America."

The Romney adviser said the idea came from Paul advisers who approached the campaign.

"We said absolutely," the Romney adviser said. "Gov. Romney and Congressman Paul, while they certainly disagree on many issues, they have always have had, if you watched the debates this year, you have seen a lot of mutual respect between the two of them."

The Romney adviser said they feel they are in "a good place" with the Paul team. The adviser also noted that Paul's son, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, is slated to speak on Monday night of the convention.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/24/romney-campaign-to-air-ron-paul-tribute-during-convention/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Romney campaign to air Ron Paul tribute during convention
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »
d

James

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »
240, I thought you said you were voting for Romney?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
240, I thought you said you were voting for Romney?

i am - just wanted to point out they're the same dude.

James

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »
Honestly 240, considering that its either Romney or Obama that will win in November (and that you say are voting for Romney) why do you spend all day on here trashing him?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »
Honestly 240, considering that its either Romney or Obama that will win in November (and that you say are voting for Romney) why do you spend all day on here trashing him?

Confrontational politics. Tough love is the only thing that works in politics.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »
i dont care what my neighbor's yard looks like.   crab grass and ugly trees - doesnt bother me.
i do mow and water my own lawn, kill ants, trim bushes, and work on my garden.

I dont care what the kids next door do - rot brains with TV and smoke pot, all good.
I do care about mine - on top of rugrats daily for homework, manners, positivity, etc.  Stop bad habits while they're in the 'testing the water' phase, and keep em busy enough with positive projects that the negative stuff doesn't happen.

I worry about my own party, fck the dems, bedwetting lib kenyans.  But I do nitpick my own party - and anyone on getbig from 98 or so remembers me.... i was a one-issue pro-gun a-hole for years before i got upset about 911 fishiness and started following politics.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Very good, coming after GOP was forced to strike a deal over Paul delegates.  8)

http://www.dailypaul.com/250610/second-day-of-rnc-to-feature-ron-paul-tribute
Romney Campaign: The second day of the Republican convention will feature a video tribute to Ron Paul

Submitted by emalvini on Fri, 08/24/2012 - 11:37
in

Ron Paul 2012

The Romney Campaign: The second day of the

By Justin Sink - 08/24/12 10:42 AM ET

The second day of the Republican convention will feature a video tribute to Ron Paul, the Romney campaign announced Friday.

The film is one of many accommodations for the former Republican presidential hopeful and his network of supporters at the convention. Paul's son, freshman Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), will be speaking on Monday, and the Texas lawmaker himself is planning a day-long rally with supporters on the Sunday proceeding the convention.

"While they certainly disagree on many issues, they have always had, if you watch the debates, a lot of mutual respect between them. Congressman Paul's people came to us and said they'd like to do a small tribute to him, and we said absolutely," said Romney adviser Russ Schriefer during a conference call with reporters.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/245151-seco...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/republican-conventi...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 02:37:11 PM »

I'm a republican.   Do I think the repub platform of "cut romney's taxes from 13% to 1% while raising taxes on middle class by $1000" is right?  Hell no.

I've been a conservative prick for a while now -

Yes, they call me a lib, even though I voted Bush or libertarian my whole life.  They call me a lib, even though I'd presonally execute ten terrorists and 20 rapists then eat a ham sandwich, then tear up the welfare and unemployment checks of half the dirtbags on my block.  They call me a lib even though 90% of my positions are republican.

They call me a lib because they don't know what a true conservative is ;)

Yes.  And as I've said before, I would happily execute 20 terrorists, eat a ham sandwich, then finish off 20 more before most of the folks here would mumble thru asking permission to slap one of them.

"240 is a libertarian as Barry is.  "

I don't get this.  I was wearing harry browne bumper stickers and attending libertarian meetings in 2000 when many of the getbig 'repubs' were still clinton/gore voters.

I'm pro-gun, anti-welfare, anti-criminal, anti-douchebag, anti-immigration, and I would personally cap 5 terrorists before eating a ham sandwich off their carcasses while the rest of the 'repubs' here fumbled with their cell phone calling 911 for help.   

James

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »
I'm a republican.   Do I think the repub platform of "cut romney's taxes from 13% to 1% while raising taxes on middle class by $1000" is right?  Hell no.

Give the reasons why you are voting for Romney?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 03:57:52 PM »
I'm a republican.   Do I think the repub platform of "cut romney's taxes from 13% to 1% while raising taxes on middle class by $1000" is right?  Hell no.

LOL last month you were a libertarian, before that you were a republican.

Are back to being a republican?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 05:27:31 PM »

Small-l libertarianism is compatible with small-r republicanism. Large-L Libertarianism is compatible with small-r republicanism. Small-l libertarianism is compatible with large-R Republicanism. But large-L Libertarianism is not compatible with large-R Republicanism. Learn the difference.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Very good, coming after GOP was forced to strike a deal over Paul delegates.  8)

http://www.dailypaul.com/250610/second-day-of-rnc-to-feature-ron-paul-tribute
Romney Campaign: The second day of the Republican convention will feature a video tribute to Ron Paul

Submitted by emalvini on Fri, 08/24/2012 - 11:37
in

Ron Paul 2012

The Romney Campaign: The second day of the

By Justin Sink - 08/24/12 10:42 AM ET

The second day of the Republican convention will feature a video tribute to Ron Paul, the Romney campaign announced Friday.

The film is one of many accommodations for the former Republican presidential hopeful and his network of supporters at the convention. Paul's son, freshman Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), will be speaking on Monday, and the Texas lawmaker himself is planning a day-long rally with supporters on the Sunday proceeding the convention.

"While they certainly disagree on many issues, they have always had, if you watch the debates, a lot of mutual respect between them. Congressman Paul's people came to us and said they'd like to do a small tribute to him, and we said absolutely," said Romney adviser Russ Schriefer during a conference call with reporters.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/245151-seco...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/republican-conventi...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 01:10:25 AM »

the fact you say this shows ya think they're very different from each other.

Think of libertarian as republican without the extreme spending, big buearucracy, and religious pandering.   Like Republican on its meds.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 01:25:27 AM »
the fact you say this shows ya think they're very different from each other.

Think of libertarian as republican without the extreme spending, big buearucracy, and religious pandering.   Like Republican on its meds.

My take is Republicans are more political whereas Libertarians are more of a Philosophy.

James

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 06:22:02 AM »

240, Give the reasons why you are voting for Romney?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 06:25:33 AM »

I think there will be a slightly stronger/faster economic recovery, if only due to confidence alone. 

Those toothless people in the mountains making $18k a year erroneously screaming "Obama raised by damn taxes!" will buy a new truck and scream "We built this!"

I dont think guns matter either way, I don't think Obamacare can be repealed after SCOTUS decision.  I think a diff flavor of leadership would just give ppl more confidence - and that's the most important thing about the economy - what people believe.  They'll have the balls to pull the trigger on new business ventures under Romney.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 06:27:06 AM »

Because deep down he knows that 4 more years of Obama would be a catastrophe for this country.  

The only ones still supporting 4 more years of this shit are 94'ers, communists, Lesbian / Gay radicals, enviro marxists, marxist professors, SEIU / ACORN, welfare mobs, locusts, leeches, grifters, race pimps, parasites, and the tax sponges of society.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 06:32:45 AM »
Because deep down he knows that 4 more years of Obama would be a catastrophe for this country. 

The only ones still supporting 4 more years of this shit are 94'ers, communists, Lesbian / Gay radicals, enviro marxists, marxist professors, SEIU / ACORN, welfare mobs, locusts, leeches, grifters, race pimps, parasites, and the tax sponges of society. 

LMAO @ 94'ers.

You're changing your negative terminology based upon current stats - I like that!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »
LMAO @ 94'ers.

You're changing your negative terminology based upon current stats - I like that!

By election day it will be the 98'ers