Author Topic: Ebay Question - OFF TOPIC, SORRY RON! NEED QUICK ANSWER  (Read 5183 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Ebay Question - OFF TOPIC, SORRY RON! NEED QUICK ANSWER
« on: August 24, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »
I (unknowingly) sold an item on Ebay that is defective.  Buyer paid return shipping, and I've received the item I sent.

Am I liable to refund the money he paid for the original shipping, or just the purchase price of the item?

???

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Ebay Question - OFF TOPIC, SORRY RON! NEED QUICK ANSWER
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:05:05 PM »
All of it. If the buyer makes a case to Ebay, they'll refund all of it, and grumble at you. Best just to return it all, and ask the buyer not to leave a negative.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »
LOL

So you shipped him out shit on his dime, and he paid to send you back your shit, and your expecting him to lose out on both ???

i would say its your fault bud, refund him the full amount and i Personally would refund him the shipping amount posted on the label he paid, knowingly or unknowingly you did send him out a defective product

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 01:14:23 PM »
I (unknowingly) sold an item on Ebay that is defective.  Buyer paid return shipping, and I've received the item I sent.

Am I liable to refund the money he paid for the original shipping, or just the purchase price of the item?

???

Dude....the posing trunks HAVE to be soiled before shipping.

HAVE to be - no exceptions.   ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 01:16:39 PM »
did you not leave any policy in the item you sold? Typically on ebay a lot of sellers put a return policy at the bottom.  Some don't refund shipping, some do.  It's up to you

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:20:04 PM »

yup, all of it.
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »
did you not leave any policy in the item you sold? Typically on ebay a lot of sellers put a return policy at the bottom.  Some don't refund shipping, some do.  It's up to you

I did, I put "Item Used, Condition Unknown.  Returns Accepted 14 Days".  The guy is in Fucking Russia so shipping is about $150.  Had he not been such a bitch the entire time I would have refunded him without even asking him to ship it back.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
I did, I put "Item Used, Condition Unknown.  Returns Accepted 14 Days".  The guy is in Fucking Russia so shipping is about $150.  Had he not been such a bitch the entire time I would have refunded him without even asking him to ship it back.

wtf you ship him out, Your wife  ???

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 01:27:18 PM »
No Ebay changed that, now the sellers can't put "as - is" or "no returns" or "no returns of postage" restrictions on items, unless the damage is noted in the description. Just give him back the money, if Ebay pulls it back, they'll note it on your account.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 01:38:09 PM »

???
You aren`t responsible for return shipping whatsoever.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »

???
do the right thing
F

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 01:40:33 PM »
EBAY sucks - they ruined it for the Sellers - I used to love it when in first started, I am just about to close my account - been bitten too many times by scamming arsehole buyers - OH and Fuck PAYPAL too, a more corrupt financial institution you will never find.
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 01:42:03 PM »
P.I.P., do you lack scruples? Russia? Game changer. Cue to Russian National Anthem

Of course I do, I'm a getbigger.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »
i've like buying off ebay (used to love it before everyone had a cellphone, and you had to sit on your computer and bid moments before it ended) , i hate selling on ebay 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 01:44:09 PM »
You DO NOT have to refund return shipping.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 01:47:05 PM »
You aren`t responsible for return shipping whatsoever.

I'm asking if I'm liable to refund the original shipping.  Had this guy not been a complete ass hole and trouble maker I would refund him no questions asked.  I have perfect feedback.  He's been a complete bitch, costing me time and he purchased it knowing it was used and that the condition was unknown.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »
I'm asking if I'm liable to refund the original shipping.  Had this guy not been a complete ass hole and trouble maker I would refund him no questions asked.  I have perfect feedback.  He's been a complete bitch, costing me time and he purchased it knowing it was used and that the condition was unknown.
You are not liable whatsoever.  Buyer always is responsible for return shipping.  You do not have to provide a refund.  Also, you should not have accepted the return.  Even if he would have opened a case, you would have won easily since you stated in your listing that the condition was unknown, therefore the item would have been as described.

Do not let him scam you further. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 01:51:15 PM »
Good Luck Man, The Ebay feedback system is BS now, I had over 500 positive transactions, some bitch who I bent over backwards to do the right thing by then went and left Negative feedback, also had issues with PAYPAL holding my money for 6 months and now I have sworn of EBAY, never ever again, too many whiny entitled bitches out there!
V

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »
Also, even though you accepted a return, he can still leave you negative feedback if he wants.  Something to keep in mind.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »
Here's their page on it -

http://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotection/buyerFAQ/index.html .

Personally, I'd eat the shipping cost both ways, unless you absolutely stated that there was a good chance it might be broken in the original listing. It's worth it to have the guy out of your life, and if he decides to bring his credit card company in for a charge back, it gets worse.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 02:02:55 PM »
I've tried my best to resolve issues to the buyer's satisfaction- if they ask for return postage on an item I like to pay it on condition that I receive positive feedback. I've sold quite a lot of stuff over the years. The two negs I ever had I managed to resolve and turn them around, one neutral remained and I wasn't even bothered by it.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 02:04:42 PM »
Good Luck Man, The Ebay feedback system is BS now, I had over 500 positive transactions, some bitch who I bent over backwards to do the right thing by then went and left Negative feedback, also had issues with PAYPAL holding my money for 6 months and now I have sworn of EBAY, never ever again, too many whiny entitled bitches out there!

You melted and left because of one negative?

Thin skin anyone? Stay away from knives, even looking at them while make you bleed.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »
I appreciate the help, getbiggers are the fucking best!!!!

MODS PLEASE DELETE NOW BEFORE RON SEES THIS OFF TOPIC THREAD!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
You melted and left because of one negative?

Thin skin anyone? Stay away from knives, even looking at them while make you bleed.
Not one comment moron, I got sick of EBAY idiots constantly trying to buy outside of auction, asking retard questions constantly, changing there mind after the auction, taking months to collect items on Local Pickup sales, refusing to pay listed postage and handling, ridiculous fee increases and constant unwarranted changes to their website and listing practices, changing Feedback system leaving Seller no right to leave Negative Feedback and the fact the arse of the market dropped out leaving sellers with no profit margin, throw in PAYPAL just holding customers funds for no particular reason, I'd had enough.  I'd had enough long before some arsehole left negative feedback.
V

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »
Fuck E-Bay they charged me twice long after I stopped selling items.

amazon.com is far better IMO.