Author Topic: Can we start a vegetarian thread  (Read 1938 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Can we start a vegetarian thread
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:03:46 AM »
I'm not one but am interested in learning and hearing about them. Can members tell the story and give examples of what they eat, noticed health benefits, do they keep or build muscle etc. Also discuss some vegetarian foods that are surprisingly high in protein.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Can we start a vegetarian thread
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:17:33 AM »
I bought some soy hotdogs to try out.  Fucking disgusting !!!

I am going to try to cut out meat for a while, even though I have been saying it for 4-5 weeks.  I watched that documentary Forks over Knives and the evidence is so overwhelming on how bad the Western diet is.  I highly recommend it.

The only things I know I can eat are nuts, beans, fruit, green beans, corn, salad.

Sure I could eat junk food as well to keep it vegetarian but that would be counter productive.  The shit is tough to do when you have become accustomed to Steak, Brats, burgers and stuff..lol.   

Maybe Princess can help out.   She seems to have great nips tips.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 04:14:59 AM »
soy is toxic to humans

vegetarianism with eggs, dairy and some fish is a frail but acceptable diet choice...

veganism is a modern invention and is an eating disorder no different from bulimia or anorexia

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »
Yes, you may start a "vegetarian thread."
However, I'll rename it the "Pansy-ass thread" when you're not looking.

;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »
Yes, you may start a "vegetarian thread."
However, I'll rename it the "Pansy-ass thread" when you're not looking.

;D

finally, a mod on this board doing something useful

;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 05:30:36 PM »
soy is toxic to humans

vegetarianism with eggs, dairy and some fish is a frail but acceptable diet choice...

veganism is a modern invention and is an eating disorder no different from bulimia or anorexia

That's how I eat.  I do not eat any red meat or pork but eat plenty of fish.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »

not as healthy as the alternative, but it's a reasonable diet

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »

I don't suppose there's any issue if this diet is conducive to your training/health goals.
For many here, though, a vegetarian-type diet may prove suboptimal for our needs.

My own anecdotal evidence suggests that complete proteins from animal sources are superior for supporting anabolism. You can certainly eat red meat, etc. without sacrificing health. It's a matter of making wise choices and proper selections.

chris-a

• Getbig III
  • fundamentalist atheist - guns + religion don't mix
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »
i'm 46 and have been vegetarian for 25 years. it is possible to weight train and not eat meat, i do it and have made steady gains doing so. i use aas, trt amounts with an occasional 'blast', so not coming from a natural perspective.
i feel good more or less all the time, am rarely ill and if i am, it doesn't often hang around for long, am always lean and my cholesterol, b.p. etc have never been an issue.
protein isn't hard to get in, eggs, yoghurt, nuts, cheese, beans and rice etc and it's pretty easy to get your needs (mine have lessened over the years as i've come to the conclusion we don't need as much as we've been led to belive) plus the fact i cause no animal's death is soothing to my ethical outlook, though i can't bear the holier-thn-thou kinda vegetarian/vegan who preaches. each to their own etc...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »
True I feel we were led to believe we need massive amounts of protein so the supplement companies can see more protein powder. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 03:56:58 PM »
i'm 46 and have been vegetarian for 25 years. it is possible to weight train and not eat meat, i do it and have made steady gains doing so. i use aas, trt amounts with an occasional 'blast', so not coming from a natural perspective.
i feel good more or less all the time, am rarely ill and if i am, it doesn't often hang around for long, am always lean and my cholesterol, b.p. etc have never been an issue.
protein isn't hard to get in, eggs, yoghurt, nuts, cheese, beans and rice etc and it's pretty easy to get your needs (mine have lessened over the years as i've come to the conclusion we don't need as much as we've been led to belive) plus the fact i cause no animal's death is soothing to my ethical outlook, though i can't bear the holier-thn-thou kinda vegetarian/vegan who preaches. each to their own etc...

as i said before, nothing against real vegetarians...

veganism is the eating disorder

chris-a

• Getbig III
  • fundamentalist atheist - guns + religion don't mix
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »
as i said before, nothing against real vegetarians...

veganism is the eating disorder

it is tantamount to a disorder. plus they always look so f'kin ill. add to that they're often goths  ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
it is tantamount to a disorder. plus they always look so f'kin ill. add to that they're often goths  ;D

;D