Author Topic: Tag Team Reboot?  (Read 6759 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Tag Team Reboot?
« on: August 25, 2012, 05:57:05 AM »
Been hearing rumblings that Tag Team Div is being rebooted......please say it is true..

I know there are no more "true tag teams" but lets look at some of the teams that made it work...

Brainbusters
Beefcake/Valentine
NAO

Of the current roster, who would you put together.....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Tag Team Reboot?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »
I'm quite out of the loop with the current roster, so I'll make this general statement:

The most successful tag-teams of days gone by consisted of guys who looked like they belonged together in the sense that they operated as a well-oiled unit that had presumably spent some substantial time together.

In recent years, it seems that tag-teams consist of two random guys paired only for the simple fact that "creative" had no other ideas for them.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 06:27:47 AM »
When thinking about this, I asked myself "Can I come up with more than 2 - 3 tag teams currently in the WWE?"

1) Epico and (some other fucking guy)
2) The one tag team of black guys who are managed by some guy name A-somethingoranother
3) Another team of black guys who used to be managed by A-somethingoranother
4) R-truth and kofi-kingston (I think thats his name)

Thats it.  Tag teams are about as over as women's matches I think. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »
I'm quite out of the loop with the current roster, so I'll make this general statement:

The most successful tag-teams of days gone by consisted of guys who looked like they belonged together in the sense that they operated as a well-oiled unit that had presumably spent some substantial time together.

In recent years, it seems that tag-teams consist of two random guys paired only for the simple fact that "creative" had no other ideas for them.
steiner{actually} bros the mortier bros, the grahams the brisco's, the kentuckians. the natural diasters, road warriors, demolition, the rockers, r&r express , midnight express, eliminators, pitbulls, dudley boyz, hardy bros .lou albano and tony altimore. for a few examples. l
F

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 01:30:07 PM »
I hate these 2 guys who hang on each other and swing back & forth.. Epic stupidity.. (The guys from the 1st NXT)..

(Titus O'neil and Darren Young).. Annoying

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 02:17:48 PM »
I hate these 2 guys who hang on each other and swing back & forth.. Epic stupidity.. (The guys from the 1st NXT)..

(Titus O'neil and Darren Young).. Annoying

Those are the Primetime Players. However, now that their manager, A.W. got whacked for his Kobe remark (among other things, according to WWE), I don't think they're getting the push they once did. I liked A.W., when they miked him up so you can hear him talking smack, during the match, a 21st-century Jimmy Hart.

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.....MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.....MILLIONS OF DOLLARS (I like the gimmick, but get REAL; Owen Hart was making around $400K, when he died. Benoit made half-a-million a year, and he was a main-event guy).

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »
There are no tag teams anymore.  Nothing but simply two "superstars" that are thrown together.  This was like when Dusty and Nikita joined forces or Hogan and Savage teaming up.  Those are not true tag teams.  Tag teams are gone... but then again so are the "stable" groups.
We won't see anything like 4 Horsemen again, or Col. Rob Parkers stable, or the Flock (though it suffered from a nWo type of implosions with too many members towards the end)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 10:28:23 AM »
There are no tag teams anymore.  Nothing but simply two "superstars" that are thrown together.  This was like when Dusty and Nikita joined forces or Hogan and Savage teaming up.  Those are not true tag teams.  Tag teams are gone... but then again so are the "stable" groups.
We won't see anything like 4 Horsemen again, or Col. Rob Parkers stable, or the Flock (though it suffered from a nWo type of implosions with too many members towards the end)

What about "MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!!"?  ;D

I think you'll have the stables again. But, factions/stables generally last no more than two years. Remember about a year and a half ago, CM Punk was leading Nexus and Wade Barrett had the Corre.

And a few years back, Edge had "La Familia" (Chavo Guerrero, Vickie Guerrero, Hawkins, and Ryder).

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 04:10:35 PM »
all wwe wrestlers shouldn't be called superstars. where are the regular stars, semistars, regional stars and commons?
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »
all wwe wrestlers shouldn't be called superstars. where are the regular stars, semistars, regional stars and commons?

When I was a young kid, there were "job-boys" like Mike Sharpe, Barry Horrowitz, Steve Lombardi, etc. Even as "The Brooklyn Brawler," I doubt anyone ever considered Lombardi a "superstar." These guys were essentially enhancement talent for the bigger names.

I'm reminded that back in those days, the WWF also had a list of local guys in each town they ran. They'd hire these guys to do match jobs for TV's. Iron Sheik used to get pissed at many of them when they couldn't give him what he needed for his spots, so he'd stretch the shit out of them during the match, hurting them for real.
Andre was supposedly pissed at Scheik over this practice and allegedly stiffed him badly during a match they had because of it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 08:09:29 AM »
tag team reboot failed tyler rex retired. hawkins is on his own again. it's amazing how guys are in the wwe for years yet you never really hear of them.  damian sandow has been with the wwe since 2003 yet not till 2012 has anyone really heard of him. he's currently doing a recycled lanny poffo genuis schtick.
F

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »
tag team reboot failed tyler rex retired. hawkins is on his own again. it's amazing how guys are in the wwe for years yet you never really hear of them.  damian sandow has been with the wwe since 2003 yet not till 2012 has anyone really heard of him. he's currently doing a recycled lanny poffo genuis schtick.

To me, it's a combo of the Genius gimmick and Triple H's blueblood routine.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »
To me, it's a combo of the Genius gimmick and Triple H's blueblood routine.
two gimmicks recycled at once. , lord steven regal to triple h to sandow.
F

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »
What about "MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!!"?  ;D

I think you'll have the stables again. But, factions/stables generally last no more than two years. Remember about a year and a half ago, CM Punk was leading Nexus and Wade Barrett had the Corre.

And a few years back, Edge had "La Familia" (Chavo Guerrero, Vickie Guerrero, Hawkins, and Ryder).

Fizzled out faster than popping microwave popcorn.  How long did NXT last?  They had a good thing...but they shot their wad too early with it all.  How long did it take for them to get the SES (straight edge society) really moving?  Too fucking long.

Whats next for a team?  Khali and Hornswaggle?  Oh shit, I just revealed the next OVER thing for the WWE

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 06:23:05 AM »
I haven't regularly followed the shows since about 2003, amd I doubt I ever will again.
I simply don't find the angles, characters, or the action interesting enough.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 06:35:39 AM »
I haven't regularly followed the shows since about 2003, amd I doubt I ever will again.
I simply don't find the angles, characters, or the action interesting enough.

Monty - DVD is a beautiful thing, 3 hrs of raw in 18 mins....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 06:40:42 AM »
Monty - DVD is a beautiful thing, 3 hrs of raw in 18 mins....

I doubt that even 18 mins would appeal to me.
If I recorded it, I'd probably skip to the commercials.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 06:02:11 AM »
Tuesday morning cardio....first 90+mins of RAW are done within my 30 mins on the stairs.