Author Topic: Anyone following Brandon Raub story? Marine (not charged w/ crime) locked up...  (Read 756 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Brandon Raub, posted controversial political opinions on Facebook and he was arrested by local police with the FBI standing by.

He hasn't been charged with any crime but he's been locked in a mental hospital for 30 days?

Oath Keepers is joining the fight to get him out now I believe.

[/youtube]

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I've been following it a little.  There's one other thread on it.  This is the first time I've seen what is deemed the worst of what he said.  He said nothing that hasn't been said on this board by several including myself.  But he did kind of say it in a way that sounds like he was going to do something about it personally.  That might not have been the smartest thing.

One thing they should have included in the fact check is that this kind of detainment has happened offen and frequently in American History.  A lot of people in the last century spent time in mental institutions for having an odd opinion or even less.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
I've been following it a little.  There's one other thread on it.  This is the first time I've seen what is deemed the worst of what he said.  He said nothing that hasn't been said on this board by several including myself.  But he did kind of say it in a way that sounds like he was going to do something about it personally.  That might not have been the smartest thing.

One thing they should have included in the fact check is that this kind of detainment has happened offen and frequently in American History.  A lot of people in the last century spent time in mental institutions for having an odd opinion or even less.

I'm not sure I was aware of this situation, that's not right.

Am I missing something here?  I'd be very interested to hear others opinions on committing people.  :o

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
"The lawyer who helped secure the release of Brendon Raub, a former Marine forcibly incarcerated in a psychiatric ward by authorities in Virginia for political posts on Facebook, told the Alex Jones Show today that there are currently a further 20 cases in his county alone that are similar in nature to Raub’s detention."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/lawyer-20-more-cases-similar-to-brendon-raub-ongoing.html

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
You are aware that you don't have to be arrested or charged with any crime before they can stick you in a mental ward right?  Sad but true because it is a fucking loophole that can be used against you and there is absolutely no way you can fight it or exonerate yourself.  If you get all pissed they simply  note you have anger issues (which normally supports the "reason" given for sticking you in there in the first place), if you do nothing and decide to peacefully wait it out, they just claim that you are unable to understand or process the consequences of your actions that lead you here or at risk for a "relapse".  Scary shit when you consider how hard it would be to rally people to your side if it were you being detained this way.

There was a story in the papers here a few years ago where a woman had her husband committed to a ward saying he was hallucinating and hearing voices that made him act out violently.   He originally went in for a 72 hour observation but that lead to a 30 day stay which lead to him being in there for 7 months because he randomly got violent and had outbursts, accused employees of having an affair with his wife and scaring his children. 

Come to find out, his wife really was having an affair with a staff member there and she and that dude had planned to get him admitted so he would be out of their way and  were conspiring to keep him there forever.  The dude changed his meds dose on paper so that the nurses were giving him too much that he was in a walking coma state.  Then the dude would bring in things like his wife's wedding band, pictures of his kids, etc...  and show to him when they were alone.  By the time the meds wore off long enough for this man to get pissed off and protest, that staffer was already gone for the day.  And the man could never remember that guy's name or accurate description of him because of the meds.  Scary shit knowing that you could be locked away so simply like that and then medicated to the point that you couldn't have any clarity to clear yourself or mount a defense in yourself to be let out.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
You are aware that you don't have to be arrested or charged with any crime before they can stick you in a mental ward right?  Sad but true because it is a fucking loophole that can be used against you and there is absolutely no way you can fight it or exonerate yourself.  If you get all pissed they simply  note you have anger issues (which normally supports the "reason" given for sticking you in there in the first place), if you do nothing and decide to peacefully wait it out, they just claim that you are unable to understand or process the consequences of your actions that lead you here or at risk for a "relapse".  Scary shit when you consider how hard it would be to rally people to your side if it were you being detained this way.

There was a story in the papers here a few years ago where a woman had her husband committed to a ward saying he was hallucinating and hearing voices that made him act out violently.   He originally went in for a 72 hour observation but that lead to a 30 day stay which lead to him being in there for 7 months because he randomly got violent and had outbursts, accused employees of having an affair with his wife and scaring his children. 

Come to find out, his wife really was having an affair with a staff member there and she and that dude had planned to get him admitted so he would be out of their way and  were conspiring to keep him there forever.  The dude changed his meds dose on paper so that the nurses were giving him too much that he was in a walking coma state.  Then the dude would bring in things like his wife's wedding band, pictures of his kids, etc...  and show to him when they were alone.  By the time the meds wore off long enough for this man to get pissed off and protest, that staffer was already gone for the day.  And the man could never remember that guy's name or accurate description of him because of the meds.  Scary shit knowing that you could be locked away so simply like that and then medicated to the point that you couldn't have any clarity to clear yourself or mount a defense in yourself to be let out.
Yep, terrifying but true
They have their ways of dealing with dissenters.