Author Topic: HOW TO SAVE KITTENS WITHOUT MOTHER  (Read 28408 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: HOW TO SAVE KITTENS WITHOUT MOTHER
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
Looks like they're living the life of luxury.
 :D
:

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
Gigio sleeping  ;D
I love the spots.  Gorgous cats and they look very happy.  Thanks for the pics. 

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 04:10:00 AM »
I love the spots.  Gorgous cats and they look very happy.  Thanks for the pics. 

Speaking of pets, how are the puppies doing?

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 06:57:56 AM »
Speaking of pets, how are the puppies doing?
Cory is doing fantastic.  Mum and Dad have her.  She's really smart and beautiful natured.  I never got the guys number who took the male puppy but I am sure he's doing fantastic too.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 07:17:25 AM »
I've saved motherless kittens a few times.  All of them are still living. My two precious girls, Laverne and Shirley, have been with me for almost eleven years.  The article is right, you have to force them to bottle feed but be gentle and patient about it, don't shove it down their throats.  I wrapped a hand towel around my girls to keep them immobile for feedings and this seem to work.
A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 07:18:55 AM »
Cory is doing fantastic.  Mum and Dad have her.  She's really smart and beautiful natured.  I never got the guys number who took the male puppy but I am sure he's doing fantastic too.

Hmm, I meant the other puppies. I'm rather confident that they are in your possession at this very moment.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 04:13:17 PM »
I've saved motherless kittens a few times.  All of them are still living. My two precious girls, Laverne and Shirley, have been with me for almost eleven years.  The article is right, you have to force them to bottle feed but be gentle and patient about it, don't shove it down their throats.  I wrapped a hand towel around my girls to keep them immobile for feedings and this seem to work.
When one of my mother cats died and left me with 9 day old kittens, I never had any issue forcing them to feed from the bottle.  I recall the little darlings all clawing my hands as they fought over the bottle.  But maybe that's different to day old kittens. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »
Hmm, I meant the other puppies. I'm rather confident that they are in your possession at this very moment.
I thought you meant the two puppies that some asshole dumped in my street a few weeks back. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 02:34:30 PM »
When one of my mother cats died and left me with 9 day old kittens, I never had any issue forcing them to feed from the bottle.  I recall the little darlings all clawing my hands as they fought over the bottle.  But maybe that's different to day old kittens. 

These were very young, no older than two weeks. Their eyes werent even open.  I mainly used the towel to keep them contained.  They are still alive and sitting on the couch right this moment.  None of the other kittens adopted from the litter by other people survived.  One is a tuxedo and the other a calico.
A

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2019, 08:13:56 AM »
Bump for a thread that can be useful.
North of Italy