Author Topic: Neocons Throwing a Hissyfit  (Read 1095 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Neocons Throwing a Hissyfit
« on: August 27, 2012, 11:22:41 AM »
Common Sense: People don't travel halfway across the world to blow you up because you're free.

Common Sense: Even if people hate you because of your freedoms, they won't leave a country with more freedoms (legal gay marriage, lower drinking age, lower age of consent) to attack you.

Common Sense: Bombing a country and causing significant "collateral damage" is a sure way to piss someone off enough to become your sworn enemy.

Common Sense: Supporting a dictatorship in a foreign country is a sure way to piss someone off enough to become your sworn enemy.

But neocons can't handle the truth: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ron-paul-911-victims-would-still-be-alive-if-paul-people-had-been-in-charge/

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Neocons Throwing a Hissyfit
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 11:26:12 AM »
I thought that this would be about the storm keeping the gay hookers off the streets in Tampa.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 02:57:04 AM »
Common Sense: People don't travel halfway across the world to blow you up because you're free.

Common Sense: Even if people hate you because of your freedoms, they won't leave a country with more freedoms (legal gay marriage, lower drinking age, lower age of consent) to attack you.

Common Sense: Bombing a country and causing significant "collateral damage" is a sure way to piss someone off enough to become your sworn enemy.

Common Sense: Supporting a dictatorship in a foreign country is a sure way to piss someone off enough to become your sworn enemy.

But neocons can't handle the truth: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ron-paul-911-victims-would-still-be-alive-if-paul-people-had-been-in-charge/

+11

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:03:45 AM »

Good post, the two or three Neocons on this board have been melting for the last few months.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 10:07:14 AM »
Good post, the two or three Neocons on this board have been melting for the last few months.
Where the fuck did the term "Neo-con" even come from? I mean, what the fuck IS a "neo-con"?
From what I've seen, Im not a huge fan of "neo-cons".

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
I thought that this would be about the storm keeping the gay hookers off the streets in Tampa.
gay trannies may be on the streets but the really great gay hookers have been booked up weeks in advance and spending quality time in suites of the best hotels around Tampa.
w

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 10:58:38 AM »
Where the fuck did the term "Neo-con" even come from? I mean, what the fuck IS a "neo-con"?

"Neoconservative" is a term coined by the neoconservatives themselves, who were former Trotskyites and radical leftists.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »

I think Hugo knows way more about it, but they're the "new" conservatives, like Beach Bum.  Big government, imperialistic, disregard of civil liberties, you know...

I believe I read that this viewpoint came about with great influence from liberals.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 02:04:37 PM »

rememebr when Bush was a true conservative, Iraq had WMD, war wasn't about oil or bases, it was the dems that did all the spending and wanted big govt.

Neocons have discovered they're more like dems than they want to admit, and a lot of what happened under bush was obvious lies

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 02:52:33 PM »
rememebr when Bush was a true conservative, Iraq had WMD, war wasn't about oil or bases, it was the dems that did all the spending and wanted big govt.

Neocons have discovered they're more like dems than they want to admit, and a lot of what happened under bush was obvious lies

YES!

I've gained incredible insight just watching these fools evolve over the past decade.  8)

The funniest are the misguided Clinton voters that suddenly decided they're actually Republicans.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »
The funniest are the misguided Clinton voters that suddenly decided they're actually Republicans.

LOL @ the 92 clinton voters who sinned wildly, used very drug under the sun, "found God" and became a conservative for 2000 election - just in time to advocate pro-active bombing of tens of thousands of people who never actually attacked us.

Imagine if Jesus decided Pilate was a bad dude, and He and the disciples decided to firebomb his hut in order to prevent that whole crucify thing.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »

Neocon is commonly misused interchangibly with conservative.  Happens all the time.
Y

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 05:50:49 PM »

Neocon is commonly misused interchangibly with conservative.  Happens all the time.

Really?  They're nothing alike.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »
Really?  They're nothing alike.
I noticed it too, it's pretty common for people to automatically label all right leaning citizens "neo-conservatives"

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:11 PM »
Ally with governments they don't like = get attacked = our fault because we didn't kowtow to fanatical morons living in the fifth century.

And before anyone attacks me for not falling all over myself to defend the Muslims, my comment has nothing to do with my stance on foreign aid. I just like how people always rush to defend the poor misunderstood Muslims and the big bad boogeyman oppressing them.  ::)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 06:14:22 PM »
I noticed it too, it's pretty common for people to automatically label all right leaning citizens "neo-conservatives"

Or FOX news zombies, I am a constitutional conservative, don't like neo-cons, they don't represent me
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »
neocons are okay with borrowing HUGE amounts of money in the name of defense spending.

conservatives are much less concerned with making some annual spending quota for 1000 military bases, etc.  They care more about the debt clock than whether or not 50,000 americans in S Korea is adequate.

The more you care about the debt clock and are willing to admit it's entirely possible to have the baddest military on the planet by "only" spending 100x more than the biggest enemy (instead of 200x as much), the more conservative you become.

I give mad props to 333386, who wants to cut defense spending.  Very conservative of him.   Same position as obama actually.

Ryan/Romney promising to EXPAND MILITAY SPENDING is way more neocon. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 06:27:27 PM »
I'm sort of. Like  a pat buchanann conservative.

neocons are okay with borrowing HUGE amounts of money in the name of defense spending.

conservatives are much less concerned with making some annual spending quota for 1000 military bases, etc.  They care more about the debt clock than whether or not 50,000 americans in S Korea is adequate.

The more you care about the debt clock and are willing to admit it's entirely possible to have the baddest military on the planet by "only" spending 100x more than the biggest enemy (instead of 200x as much), the more conservative you become.

I give mad props to 333386, who wants to cut defense spending.  Very conservative of him.   Same position as obama actually.

Ryan/Romney promising to EXPAND MILITAY SPENDING is way more neocon. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »
I'm sort of. Like  a pat buchanann conservative.

you want to cut military spending by half, you said.  That's HUGELY conservative.  Very anti-NEOCON.

They'd call you a lib, to be honest. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »
you want to cut military spending by half, you said.  That's HUGELY conservative.  Very anti-NEOCON.

They'd call you a lib, to be honest. 

I want to balance the damn books and cut taxes as much as possible so people pay almost nothing and defund this evil leviathan.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 06:41:18 PM »
Yep...we're dealing with people who have common sense.

Afterall, they go apeshit when a book gets burned.

No surer sign of having common sense then that.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 07:05:17 PM »
Yep...we're dealing with people who have common sense.

Afterall, they go apeshit when a book gets burned.

No surer sign of having common sense then that.  ::)

it is important to them.

If any of us walked out of a McDonalds and saw some foreigner burning a US flag, we'd probably spit on his face and/or knock him on the ass, right?

He'd argue "it's just a piece of fabric, made in china, that I bought at walmart for $2.99"...

We'd argue "fcck you, i'm going to kick your ass now".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »
g

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
Ally with governments they don't like = get attacked = our fault because we didn't kowtow to fanatical morons living in the fifth century.

And before anyone attacks me for not falling all over myself to defend the Muslims, my comment has nothing to do with my stance on foreign aid. I just like how people always rush to defend the poor misunderstood Muslims and the big bad boogeyman oppressing them.  ::)

We were attacked because we kowtowed to fanatical morons living in the fifth century - morons like the Saudi royal family.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:06 PM »
We were attacked because we kowtowed to fanatical morons living in the fifth century - morons like the Saudi royal family.

That's where the hijackers were from, but ummm.................... ............ I thought Iraq was responsible? ???