Author Topic: Can The Ron Paul Movement Survive Without Ron Paul? What do you think?  (Read 728 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
He's accomplished a lot of good, more than any of the "main stream" candidates, or recent Presidents.  What does the future hold for Rand Paul? ???

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0827/Ron-Paul-s-swan-song-Has-he-launched-an-enduring-movement-video
Ron Paul's swan song: Has he launched an enduring movement?

After three runs for the White House, US Rep. Ron Paul is retiring. Will his libertarian brand of Republican politics survive without him? A younger generation of elected officials and activists say it will.

At what likely was the last major political event of his career, Mr. Paul bathed in the adoration of an estimated 10,000 admirers who greeted their hero at the University of South Florida in Tampa Sunday with cheers and thunderous applause.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Can The Ron Paul Movement Survive Without Ron Paul? What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:38:06 PM »
He's accomplished a lot of good, more than any of the "main stream" candidates, or recent Presidents.  What does the future hold for Rand Paul? ???

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0827/Ron-Paul-s-swan-song-Has-he-launched-an-enduring-movement-video
Ron Paul's swan song: Has he launched an enduring movement?

After three runs for the White House, US Rep. Ron Paul is retiring. Will his libertarian brand of Republican politics survive without him? A younger generation of elected officials and activists say it will.

At what likely was the last major political event of his career, Mr. Paul bathed in the adoration of an estimated 10,000 admirers who greeted their hero at the University of South Florida in Tampa Sunday with cheers and thunderous applause.

No, because is has turned out as the same as the Obama movement - all based on one leader who is worshiped and turned into a deity. 

I saw it on my facebook w all the Ron Paul fanatics saying they were crying during his speech.   Seriously?  same crap as the obama worshippers. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:48:54 PM »

No, because is has turned out as the same as the Obama movement - all based on one leader who is worshiped and turned into a deity.  

I saw it on my facebook w all the Ron Paul fanatics saying they were crying during his speech.   Seriously?  same crap as the obama worshippers.  

Ron Paul and his supporters are "Ideologically pure and tough as nails".  They'll move on, it's nothing like the Cult of Obama.

You're mistaken by their extreme devotion to their principles and there's nothing wrong with that.  The GOP leadership should try it.

Romney's record shows him to be as liberal as Obama.  They take issue with that, what's the problem?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
Ron Paul and his supporters are "Ideologically pure and tough as nails".  They'll move on, it's nothing like the Cult of Obama.

You're mistaken by their extreme devotion to their principles and there's nothing wrong with that.  The GOP leadership should try it.

Romney's record shows him to be as liberal as Obama.  They take issue with that, what's the problem?

Yes - but where the ron paul people fail is tactics.   As a group they bark loudly but never get anything done but complain about the GOP. 

Rand Paul is far more intelligent than his father in that respect.   In order to get shit done and advance your cause - you have to get elected! 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 12:55:03 PM »
Yes - but where the ron paul people fail is tactics.   As a group they bark loudly but never get anything done but complain about the GOP.  

Rand Paul is far more intelligent than his father in that respect.   In order to get shit done and advance your cause - you have to get elected!  

They've accomplished a monumental feat, facing road blocks at every corner.  They've educated, and motivated thousands of passionate young people.

I agree, Rand Paul is more realistic and he'll continue to lead this movement (probably with more success).  He plays ball and that's what you have to do.  You can't blame Ron Paul and his supporters though, for strictly sticking by their principles.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 12:58:33 PM »
They've accomplished a monumental feat, facing road blocks at every corner.  They've educated, and motivated thousands of passionate young people.

I agree, Rand Paul is more realistic and he'll continue to lead this movement (probably with more success).  He plays ball and that's what you have to do.  You can't blame Ron Paul and his supporters though, for strictly sticking by their principles.

No i don't blame them, but his fanatics go about it all wrong. 

Rather than found a viable third party or take over the libertarian party and work there to get people elected, they simply complain about the GOP not being 'PURE" enough, then stamp their feet and create division and then stay home on election day. 

Absurd way about going about advancing their cause if you ask me.   

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »
No i don't blame them, but his fanatics go about it all wrong.  

Rather than found a viable third party or take over the libertarian party and work there to get people elected, they simply complain about the GOP not being 'PURE" enough, then stamp their feet and create division and then stay home on election day.  

Absurd way about going about advancing their cause if you ask me.  

Ron Paul joined the Republican party in the 1950's before HIS party was hijacked, he didn't do anything wrong.  These born again lunatics, and neoconservatives did.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 01:05:56 PM »
Ron Paul joined the Republican party in the 1950's before HIS party was hijacked, he didn't do anything wrong.  These born again lunatics, and neo liberals did.

Sure they did - but the communists, marxists, and lunatics took over the demo party.  There is no 3rd party option. 

Pick your poison and try to reform from within. 

Someone who I agree w on 70% of issues is not my 30% enemy. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 01:07:54 PM »

Sure they did - but the communists, marxists, and lunatics took over the demo party.  There is no 3rd party option. 

Pick your poison and try to reform from within. 

Someone who I agree w on 70% of issues is not my 30% enemy. 

That's what they're doing, and going by the headlines in just the last few weeks they're on their way to tackling some major issues.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »
That's what they're doing, and going by the headlines in just the last few weeks they're on their way to tackling some major issues.

Saying they are not going to vote for  Romney over obama is not a sign of that at all. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
Saying they are not going to vote for  Romney over obama is not a sign of that at all. 

This is a small minority, but.... What if a few of them can't vote for Romney in good conscience?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »
This is a small minority, but.... What if a few of them can't vote for Romney in good conscience?

I am not voting for Romney in "good conscience."

I am voting for romney to oust Obama since that is the only possible way of getting him out of 1600 PA Ave.

After reading Roots of Obama's Rage and seeing 2016 I don't see how anyone who possibly cares about the issues ron paul and his followers claim to care about would knowingly give obama for 4 more years by not voting.       

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »
You're fucking relentless in responding over and over, my hands are tired!  ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 01:27:36 PM »
I am not voting for Romney in "good conscience."

I am voting for romney to oust Obama since that is the only possible way of getting him out of 1600 PA Ave.

After reading Roots of Obama's Rage and seeing 2016 I don't see how anyone who possibly cares about the issues ron paul and his followers claim to care about would knowingly give obama for 4 more years by not voting.       

I'm doing the same thing, but I can certainly see how some of these "ideologically pure" Ron Paul folks might take issue with having to choose one rapist over the other.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
I'm doing the same thing, but I can certainly see how some of these "ideologically pure" Ron Paul folks might take issue with having to choose one rapist over the other.

Fine - would you rather get raped by someone AIDS and a whole host of other STD's or someone w no STD's if your only choice is one or the other? 

Were Obama a moderate dem or someone not hell bent on collapsing the USA i would totally understand someone staying home, but Obama is the most radical, divisive, communistic, extremist we have ever had in office and the thought of him never having to face the voters again in an election is horryifing. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 01:34:42 PM »
Fine - would you rather get raped by someone AIDS and a whole host of other STD's or someone w no STD's if your only choice is one or the other? 

I'd pick the person with no STD's, but I believe some of these Ron Paul supporters would just choose not to be raped at all.  8)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 01:37:38 PM »
I'd pick the person with no STD's, but I believe some of these Ron Paul supporters would just choose not to be raped at all.  8)

Well - here is another thing to consider - 2-3 more SC appointments.   Romney can be pushed like W was w Alito. 

Obama will appoint more radicals. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »
Well - here is another thing to consider - 2-3 more SC appointments.   Romney can be pushed like W was w Alito. 

Obama will appoint more radicals. 

You're preaching to the choir here...

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »
The Ron Paul Revolution is already independent of Ron Paul... no need for him. It has its own momentum now. Ron Paul is just our chosen leader at this moment in time.