Author Topic: stunted growth  (Read 7679 times)

derrock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
stunted growth
« on: November 17, 2005, 05:17:04 PM »
    ???does anyone know what makes steroids stut bone growth?  do they?  i heard that anavar did not,  but how about deca?  thanks                                                                                                                        p.s this is a kick ass board!

xkol.

Re: stunted growth
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 06:28:44 PM »
any cycle worth doin will stunt your growth. just stay natural till youre 20 or so if height is a concern for u. u shud still make real good gains unless you have shitty genetics.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 09:09:31 PM »
    ???does anyone know what makes steroids stut bone growth?  do they?  i heard that anavar did not,  but how about deca?  thanks                                                                                                                        p.s this is a kick ass board!

AAS prematurely close the bone plates if you take them too early.....

Wait 'till you are in your early twenties at least.

All AAS have potential to do this.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 11:20:21 PM »

actually its estrogen that is respnsible for epiphiseal plate closure ... not androgens.

if you were to run a potent anti estrogen regime , for example nolv and arimidex together , there should be total estrogen suppression hence no premature osification of the epiphiseal plates.

in italy right up untill early last century .. the opera had a great tradition of 'castrates' or 'testes'... these were talented singers identified in childhood... who would have their testicles removed before puberty to keep their voices incredible high pitched .

the side effect of this procedure was the 'castrates' would continue to grow throughout their entire life untill death at old age........ they were unusually tall obviously with amazin high pitch soprana voices.

the audience would weep at their performances with joy , chantin 'god bless the knife' ... these castrates were superstars of the day kinda like whitney houston or sinatra.

scientists examined their skeletons cuz of the unusual enormous growth and concluded the continuous growth throughout life was not due to a lack of testosterone cuz of the abscence of testicles  but due to the absence of estrogen.

which poses the question .. if an adolescent whose growth plates were still obviously open was to undergo a potent anti-estrogen regimen ad infinitum ...... would  he grow much taller than his genetic potential due to his growth plates never closin >>??

indeed.... erm .. what was the question again??  :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 12:41:19 AM »
actually its estrogen that is respnsible for epiphiseal plate closure ... not androgens.

Yes.......but AAS raise both testosterone and estrogen both.......the increased estrogen component lead to the plates closing.

I know exactly why they close, but do you honestly think breaking it down to that degree here would do most of these guys any good.

The main point:  AAS too early leads to growth plates closing.

DIV

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 01:17:48 AM »
Yes.......but AAS raise both testosterone and estrogen both.......the increased estrogen component lead to the plates closing.

I know exactly why they close, but do you honestly think breaking it down to that degree here would do most of these guys any good.

The main point:  AAS too early leads to growth plates closing.

DIV

i know aas raise both hormones moron .. but what im suggestin is if you can surpress estrogen production and its effects .. you could prolly use roids with no premature plate closure!

now f'uck off!  ;)

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 01:26:02 AM »
Actually AAS are freely used by Pediatric Endocrinologists to help children who are growth deficient.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they are put on "cycles" and all, but a moderate amount for 2-3 weeks, to gently push a young boy into puberty, is not uncommon at all.....
Cam ad mi

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 09:46:11 AM »
i know aas raise both hormones moron .. but what im suggestin is if you can surpress estrogen production and its effects .. you could prolly use roids with no premature plate closure!

now f'uck off!  ;)

Your pseudo-science isn't accurate......

In adolescents you can't make the same assumptions you can for an adult male.

So you give them Nolvadex/Arimidex while administering AAS?

That doesn't necessarily mean you will prevent growth plate closure......or other sides from the total lack of estrogen.

Blocking all estrogen is not the answer.

DIV

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 11:51:07 AM »
freeagain is quite correct.  Estrogen levels are intimately linked to growth plate (physeal) closure.

Both growth hormone and the sex steroids, particularly estrogen, are necessary for the normal adolescent growth spurt.  This is true for both boys and girls.  Estrogen appears to be the critical stimulus of the physis causing the linear growth spurt.  Lower doses of estrogens, as during early puberty, stimulate growth, whereas higher doses, in later adolescence, lead to growth cessation.  Once GnRH resumes its pulsatile release (which is suppressed between infancy and puberty), estrogen is stimulated from the ovaries in girls, or from the testis directly and from peripheral aromatization of testosterone in boys resulting in initial breast development in girls and rapid foot growth in both boys and girls as the first signs of the adolescent growth spurt.  This initial estrogen increase stimulates further GH release.  GH acts directly and indirectly through production of IGF-1 to stimulate physeal growth.  The growth rate then peaks about 2 years later and then slows to cessation after another 2 years with estrogen again appearing to be the primary factor causing physeal closure. 

There are indeed certain estrogen receptor deficiency states in boys that can result in continued growth.  Whether or not true estrogen blockade either at the receptor level or testosterone conversion level would allow adolescents to take AAs without affecting growth is an intriguing concept, but don't hold your breath waiting for that study to get published...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 12:15:07 PM »
Whether or not true estrogen blockade either at the receptor level or testosterone conversion level would allow adolescents to take AAs without affecting growth is an intriguing concept, but don't hold your breath waiting for that study to get published...

Exactly.....

DIV

derrock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 04:21:08 PM »
                      Well wht if  you took  non aromatizing  steriods like tren or primo?

derrock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 04:23:17 PM »
  I HAVE  SHITY SPELLING!!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 10:06:13 PM »
                      Well wht if  you took  non aromatizing  steriods like tren or primo?

Tren doesn't aromatize, but it increases prolactin......

Primo......no idea.

DIV

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 08:19:47 AM »
Why even risk doing AAS if there IS ANY QUESTION of potential problems ? ? ?
Interesting note or prospect (use of) estrogen agontist and estrogen blockers
to circumvent this effect . . . if estogen is the culprit . . .

My money is on Divisions' and FreakfestMDs' views and vast knowledge . . .
there are many really great (helpful) people here which I am greatful for.

I waited until 35 years old to do any advanced supplements (AAS), I am glad.
I have (or was always) small framed and a *late bloomer*. I would wait until
the person (in question) IS of age, middle or late 20s. Or strictly seek advise
or guidance of practicing MD in this field. Long term safety / well being IS
paramount.

I've routinely had others ask (bust my balls) over the decision to use ANY AAS,
my response is that I am well read and would not even consider their use IF
I had even remote concerns of their use. Would not even bother . . . period!

AAS use or considerations fall into the fringe of uncertainty of actual safety
in this specific (stunted growth) matter - a tough call.

Best of luck in your efforts

1 life 1 liver

derrock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 02:56:31 PM »
                               thanks for all the replys.  i will probobly take them anyway, even thou i prob. should'nt.    i'v been working out  for 6+ months  and only gained  4-  pounds after i gained 15 or so with creatine. we'll see what happens.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 09:35:52 PM »
I've routinely had others ask (bust my balls) over the decision to use ANY AAS,
my response is that I am well read and would not even consider their use IF
I had even remote concerns of their use. Would not even bother . . . period!

People fear what they don't understand.  Busting your nuts is their way of projecting their fears on to you.  Don't stress it........that's people.

DIV

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 01:55:28 AM »

okies... im gonna kidnap a midget .. probably 15 year old ... and megadose him with aromtazin steroids but run a stellar anti-estrogen regimine alongside.

cuz hes a midget hes got nuffin to lose..

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 05:25:20 AM »
okies... im gonna kidnap a midget .. probably 15 year old ... and megadose him with aromtazin steroids but run a stellar anti-estrogen regimine alongside.

cuz hes a midget hes got nuffin to lose..

That kid's growth plates were already doomed!   :o

DIV

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 07:10:38 AM »

That kid's growth plates were already doomed!   :o

DIV

Damn shame that people are or can be so f'ing impatient about their approaches . . .
The old - light that burns twice as bright (may) only burn twice as long

ONLY been working out for 6 months (still in the cocoon) has not even begun
and haphazzardly want to rush into this - sounds EGO bound anyway
too short term of approach - this person (Derrock) WILL burn out
in another 6 months anyway - f**cking shame!

At 45 years old - I am still working to improve (evolve) my physique
It is or can be a life long process - IT  T A K E S  T I M E  TO BUILD A GREAT PHYSIQUE!
It DOES NOT (simply) come from a bottle or simply from 6 months in the gym
ITS a bigger picture lifelong commitment towards this . . .

Such a resource for learning (here) people ask for help with little interest
in taking to heart and applying greater wisdom of others . . .
They ask for help and ultimately ARE gonna do what they
are hell bent on regardless of guidance from others . . .
1 life 1 liver

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 10:59:27 AM »
Damn shame that people are or can be so f'ing impatient about their approaches . . .
The old - light that burns twice as bright (may) only burn twice as long

ONLY been working out for 6 months (still in the cocoon) has not even begun
and haphazzardly want to rush into this - sounds EGO bound anyway
too short term of approach - this person (Derrock) WILL burn out
in another 6 months anyway - f**cking shame!

At 45 years old - I am still working to improve (evolve) my physique
It is or can be a life long process - IT  T A K E S  T I M E  TO BUILD A GREAT PHYSIQUE!
It DOES NOT (simply) come from a bottle or simply from 6 months in the gym
ITS a bigger picture lifelong commitment towards this . . .

Such a resource for learning (here) people ask for help with little interest
in taking to heart and applying greater wisdom of others . . .
They ask for help and ultimately ARE gonna do what they
are hell bent on regardless of guidance from others . . .

... are you havin a breakdown ?

derrock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 03:00:07 PM »
listen , i  have been working out for almost 2 years  and bench 100lbs more than my body weight and squat twice my weight i'm not starting from scratch. i just meant i have gained 3lbs in the last 6months  i am going to shoot juice i asked IF i could avoid bone closure.    the real f...ing  shame is people like you jump to conclusions to quickly.   i don't want a great physique in 20 years i want one in a couple years but i know it takes time

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 05:33:48 PM »
listen , i  have been working out for almost 2 years  and bench 100lbs more than my body weight and squat twice my weight i'm not starting from scratch. i just meant i have gained 3lbs in the last 6months  i am going to shoot juice i asked IF i could avoid bone closure.    the real f...ing  shame is people like you jump to conclusions to quickly.   i don't want a great physique in 20 years i want one in a couple years but i know it takes time

Fine......do what you want, kid.

DIV

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
Re: stunted mental (reasoning) capacity . . .
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 09:23:39 AM »

i don't want a great physique in 20 years i want one in a couple years but i know it takes time

!?W T F?! It takes more than a couple of year to even build the muscular base
much less a decent physique - impatience  IS  a  S C A R Y  prospect of youth . . .

... are you havin a breakdown ?

No I could not be much happier with my (lifelong) progress. I derive my self esteem from numerous
ways and hobbies. The gym (my physique) IS ONLY small part of who I actually am . . .

My point . . . sadly
Further support or comments are futile. Go ahead (Derrock) become a dwarf with big(er) arms
I really do not care IF others (much like this poor kid) undermine their long term well being
largely because of EGO bound needs - for the purpose of looking into the mirror.

the real f...ing shame is people like you jump to conclusions to quickly.

You mistake jumping to conclusions and rash judgements for actual life experience,
that you are only beginning to imagine. You'll figure this out eventually, just hope
the you DO NOT F**K yourself up in the process of reasoning our advice and
experience.

We ARE only trying to help you (Derrock) like you came to GB and asked.

U N C L E !
1 life 1 liver

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 09:32:37 AM »

two years is nothing in this game dude...you should wait until you are mid 20's and have at least 5-6(or more) years of good consistant training/dieting before you consider AAS.

don't bite the hand that feeds you, the guys on this board are trying to help you and they have been in your shoes before.

8)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 09:38:52 AM »
two years is nothing in this game dude...you should wait until you are mid 20's and have at least 5-6(or more) years of good consistant training/dieting before you consider AAS.

don't bite the hand that feeds you, the guys on this board are trying to help you and they have been in your shoes before.

Good advice from Tyson.....

'bout time......

DIV