Author Topic: Texas GOP delegation revolts  (Read 467 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Texas GOP delegation revolts
« on: August 27, 2012, 09:57:27 PM »
Source: Salon

TAMPA — Tightly controlled political conventions are all about getting the entire party singing from the same songbook, but one of the country’s largest states, rock-red Republican Texas, could upset the chorus as the delegation is preparing to go to war with the Republican National Committee over a rules change that they say could sideline grass-roots activists and concentrate party power in the hands of wealthy donors.

“This is the hill to die for,” Texas delegate Tom Washington, the sssistant treasurer of the state party, told Salon on the convention floor. It’s “disgusting and disturbing,” said at-large alternate delegate Mark Russo from Rockwall, Texas.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Re: Texas GOP delegation revolts
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »
Ron Paul folks are planting their flags regarding this issue - as are a diverse group of other conservatives. I predict the RNC/Mittster will give this issue up. They need to avoid controversy as much as possible.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that controversy and fights at political conventions are not only fun, but also productive? Am I the only one who misses having a compromise dark horse candidate chosen at the convention, Warren Harding style?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
Ron Paul folks are planting their flags regarding this issue - as are a diverse group of other conservatives. I predict the RNC/Mittster will give this issue up. They need to avoid controversy as much as possible.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that controversy and fights at political conventions are not only fun, but also productive? Am I the only one who misses having a compromise dark horse candidate chosen at the convention, Warren Harding style?

I'd be happy if we could just get actual debates back.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 04:19:47 AM »
They put all the ron paul supporters in the nosebleed section.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 04:43:03 AM »

Im with. It makes the debate more alive and possibly productive.  If there is no fighting no new ideas are brought forward

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 05:43:55 AM »
They put all the ron paul supporters in the nosebleed section.

I wonder why   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:12:07 AM »
I wonder why   ::)

you can't improve without some change.   

you can't change without a little conflict.

I'm sure romney does want a yes-man convention.