Author Topic: Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'  (Read 741 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'
« on: August 28, 2012, 04:54:33 AM »
Laura Bassett

Trying to distance himself from the "legitimate rape" comment that Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) made last week, Pennsylvania Senate candidate Tom Smith (R) stirred up further controversy by comparing a pregnancy caused by rape to "having a baby out of wedlock."

Smith said Monday at the Pennsylvania Press Club that although he condemns Akin's comment, he agrees with Akin that abortion should be banned without any exceptions, including for rape and incest victims. Pressed by a reporter on how he would handle a daughter or granddaughter becoming pregnant as a result of rape, Smith said he had already "lived something similar to that" in his family.

"She chose life, and I commend her for that," he said. "She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn't have to ... she chose the way I thought. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't rape."

When a reporter asked Smith to clarify what kind of situation was similar to becoming pregnant from rape, the candidate responded, "Having a baby out of wedlock."

FULL story at link.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/tom-smith-rape_n_1834234.html
 :D :D

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:32:21 AM »
"Tom Smith is committed to protecting the sanctity of life and believes it begins at conception,"

and believes the governemt should take action.
However when the individual is actualy a human being they should be denied health care unless they can pay for it. Makes sense ::)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 06:47:42 AM »
"Tom Smith is committed to protecting the sanctity of life and believes it begins at conception,"

and believes the governemt should take action.
However when the individual is actualy a human being they should be denied health care unless they can pay for it. Makes sense ::)

Who ever gets denied healthcare you uninformed assclown?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:00:47 AM »
Laura Bassett

Trying to distance himself from the "legitimate rape" comment that Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) made last week, Pennsylvania Senate candidate Tom Smith (R) stirred up further controversy by comparing a pregnancy caused by rape to "having a baby out of wedlock."

Smith said Monday at the Pennsylvania Press Club that although he condemns Akin's comment, he agrees with Akin that abortion should be banned without any exceptions, including for rape and incest victims. Pressed by a reporter on how he would handle a daughter or granddaughter becoming pregnant as a result of rape, Smith said he had already "lived something similar to that" in his family.

"She chose life, and I commend her for that," he said. "She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn't have to ... she chose the way I thought. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't rape."

When a reporter asked Smith to clarify what kind of situation was similar to becoming pregnant from rape, the candidate responded, "Having a baby out of wedlock."

FULL story at link.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/tom-smith-rape_n_1834234.html

Man, the GOP is being boss on the inside of a women's legs
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »

Man, the GOP MALES are being boss on the inside of a women's legs

Fixed. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 07:31:47 AM »
A

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:16:32 AM »
My buddy just did.

He was diagnosed with MS about a year ago. Starting to feel some effects now, including numbness in his right side.

I suppose he would be admitted "in an emergency", but he needs IV treatments to sustain a quality of life where he is able to work. Can't get them now and can't be admitted to the hospital due to lack of adequate insurance.

Man, you're just a really misinformed person. It really blows me away.

G

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
My buddy just did.

He was diagnosed with MS about a year ago. Starting to feel some effects now, including numbness in his right side.

I suppose he would be admitted "in an emergency", but he needs IV treatments to sustain a quality of life where he is able to work. Can't get them now and can't be admitted to the hospital due to lack of adequate insurance.

Man, you're just a really misinformed person. It really blows me away.

Even people with comprehensive insurance coverage get denied care all the time

I have a neighbor who has been a public school teacher for 20+ years and pays an absurd amount for insurance.   A few years ago she was diagnosed with something that was causing bone loss in her jaw and needed a bone graft to avoid losing all her teeth in her right lower jaw.   

Multiple doctors diagnosed this and her insuraance denied coverage claiming it was elective /cosmetic surgery.   She wound up paying about 40k of her own money to have bone removed from her femur (I think) and grafted into her jaw

I'm sure similar situations occur hundreds if not thousand of times across this country every day and these are people who have insurance

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:36:03 AM »
Laura Bassett

FULL story at link.

To be fair,  how many women actually marry their rapist and give birth to his child

I'm sure that's what he was referring to

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »
Even people with comprehensive insurance coverage get denied care all the time

I have a neighbor who has been a public school teacher for 20+ years and pays an absurd amount for insurance.   A few years ago she was diagnosed with something that was causing bone loss in her jaw and needed a bone graft to avoid losing all her teeth in her right lower jaw.   

Multiple doctors diagnosed this and her insuraance denied coverage claiming it was elective /cosmetic surgery.   She wound up paying about 40k of her own money to have bone removed from her femur (I think) and grafted into her jaw

I'm sure similar situations occur hundreds if not thousand of times across this country every day and these are people who have insurance
Yeah, this case is especially sad.

My buddy is only 33.

Looks like he's fucked. I wish I could help him more, but I don't make enough money.

It's amazing how many people who claim to be Christians can, without any outrage, support war after war, but turn their back on the sick.

My friend is not a welfare mooch, he's always worked. He just doesn't have double platinum insurance.

G

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 10:41:01 AM »
To be fair,  how many women actually marry their rapist and give birth to his child

I'm sure that's what he was referring to

Maybe she secretly forced him to rape her so she could collect child support for 18 years.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »

Man, the GOP is being boss on the inside of a women's legs

Says the guy backing the party with perhaps the biggest whoremonger/adulterer in American politics, headlining its convention next week.

So is this race, despite Obama being the incumbent, outspending Romney over 2 to 1, and having the media break out the kneepads the entire way for him.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 02:30:30 PM »
Says the guy backing the party with perhaps the biggest whoremonger/adulterer in American politics, headlining its convention next week.
yes, and that would Newt.
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 02:50:09 AM »

You the uninformed idiot.

Kids with preexcisting conditions among others.

But its more inportant for you to kneepad the GOP. Your pathetic.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 02:51:08 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 06:10:00 AM »