Author Topic: milk  (Read 2638 times)

big_pauly

• Getbig II
milk
« on: August 28, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »
do any of you guys drink alot of milk while on?  I just started a cycle and am drinking a gallon a day, mostly chocolate...any bad things about it...I wouldn't thinks so?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: milk
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 03:37:47 PM »
With allergy season in many parts of the world, excessive dairy consumption may exacerbate existing sinus issues in some people.

If you're concerned about the interaction of dairy with gear, try posting the same question on the juice board. There appear to be some knowledgable members over there.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »
milk is for infants... if you have to drink milks, stick to whole white milk...

chocolate milk is just sugary crap

no healthier than cool-aid

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »
do any of you guys drink alot of milk while on?  I just started a cycle and am drinking a gallon a day, mostly chocolate...any bad things about it...I wouldn't thinks so?

Look at any chocolate milk label - second ingredient = sugar

1 cup skim milk = 80 calories
1 cup skim chocolate = 130 calories
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 06:17:01 PM »
Oops, I read right over the "chocolate" part.

Yeah, don't do chocolate milk! The fukk's wrong with you?
 ;D

big_pauly

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 06:43:32 PM »
haha...you guys are funny...."milk is for baby's"...it's actually whole milk I buy...I can't drink anything else but whole milk..everything else tastes like water..forget about skim..I can't even drink 2 percent...I buy whole milk and add some hershey syrup to it...just curious if there is an advantage to taking it or not...I never drank this much milk before..just extra protein I assume..

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
anything less than whole milk is a waste of healthy fat...

although, technically speaking 3.25% fat is far too low for homo sapiens... mother's milk is 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carbs...

personally, the only dairy products in my fridge are:

14% fat sour cream
10% turkish yogurt (plain)
35% cream

fat is king

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 06:18:48 AM »
haha...you guys are funny...."milk is for baby's"...it's actually whole milk I buy...I can't drink anything else but whole milk..everything else tastes like water..forget about skim..I can't even drink 2 percent...I buy whole milk and add some hershey syrup to it...just curious if there is an advantage to taking it or not...I never drank this much milk before..just extra protein I assume..

Some research suggests that chocolate milk is a favorable exercise recovery drink due to its protein:carb ratio. I believe the studies looked at its effects on swimmers or cyclists, but I'm going from memory here.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 06:09:46 PM »
I just started drinking milk again after not having touched it for 20+ years

The stuff I buy is pastuerized at the lowest legal temperature, grass fed, non-homogenized.  I usually have only about 12 oz a day mixed with some protein powder as one of my meals. I like it because when mixed with protein powder its like an MRP but with lower carbs and healthy fats

here's the stuff I buy:
http://www.stbenoit.com/html/milk.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 06:17:06 PM »
I also prefer mixing my powders in milk, although I cut it with cream. This practice dates back to the 60's.
Even whole milk has a fair amount of sugar in it. The cream offsets that some, while providing good, dense calories, and enhancing the taste and texture of the concoction.

According to some, the fat also allegedly aids in the body's absorption.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 05:08:52 AM »
I also prefer mixing my powders in milk, although I cut it with cream. This practice dates back to the 60's.
Even whole milk has a fair amount of sugar in it. The cream offsets that some, while providing good, dense calories, and enhancing the taste and texture of the concoction.

According to some, the fat also allegedly aids in the body's absorption.

excellent advise... heavy cream is loaded with vitamins and healthy fat

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 05:58:50 AM »
excellent advise... heavy cream is loaded with vitamins and healthy fat

Thanks, brother.
I try not to provide "advice" per se, but rather input, opinions, and occasionally mentioning what I personally do; just to give folks something to think about and decide for themselves. Besides, I don't know everything and am occasionally wrong, or someone may have better ideas.

Anyway, I have a strictly platonic facination with the 1960's bodybuilding era. Guys like Don Howarth, Dave Draper, Larry Scott, and Arnold were able to cut for shows drinking industrial quantities of Rheo Blair's protein powder - a mix of whole egg and milk solids - mixed with heavy whipping cream and whole raw eggs.
Untrimmed steak with eggs and tuna packed in oil were also strongman favorites back then.

Outside of recreational activity, cardio was not a common practice.

Diet was the key to fat-loss, and it worked. This was before the Atkins and keto diets achieved fame. Perhaps they didn't fully understand the biological pathways at the time, but they knew it worked.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 06:08:04 PM »

Thanks, brother.
I try not to provide "advice" per se, but rather input, opinions, and occasionally mentioning what I personally do; just to give folks something to think about and decide for themselves. Besides, I don't know everything and am occasionally wrong, or someone may have better ideas.

excellent input, opinions and mentions of what you personally do....  ::)

;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »
excellent input, opinions and mentions of what you personally do....  ::)

;D

;)

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 07:57:44 PM »

The stuff I buy is pasteurized at the lowest legal temperature, grass fed, non-homogenized.  

That is the only milk I will ever drink (whole, of course).  Not only is it the best cow milk for you, it is by far the best tasting.  I know, I know...there is debate over corn vs. grass-fed...but, I will stick to drinking milk from cows that eat what their stomachs are meant to consume.

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 10:50:08 AM »
I love milk. I mix whey powder with milk, makes a tasty shake. I love a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a big cold glass of milk. Milk is awesome.
time under tension