Author Topic: Expendables 2 Vs. The Raid  (Read 7717 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Expendables 2 Vs. The Raid
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »
Which movie is better?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Expendables 2 Vs. The Raid
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »
the raid....

and I love all those old ass 80s actors!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »
Not so impressed with the Raid (Mad Dog fight scenes were great though). Haven't seen the Expendables yet.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »
are we talking about this?

all drugs - TPPIIP

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:40:16 PM »

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 09:09:25 PM »
Expendables 2 was terrible

MusselFreek

• Getbig III
  • Go Beserk!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »
The RAID

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 02:41:10 AM »
Expendables 2 was big, loud lots of banter and carnage, fun movie.
Raid is overrated, too dark most of the time, stupidest bit was when a normal guy gets stabbed in the neck and continues to fight two guys to the same ability. The pipe is still jammed in his neck and carries on like he's a universal soldier.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 05:23:48 AM »
Expendables 2 was big, loud lots of banter and carnage, fun movie.
Raid is overrated, too dark most of the time, stupidest bit was when a normal guy gets stabbed in the neck and continues to fight two guys to the same ability. The pipe is still jammed in his neck and carries on like he's a universal soldier.

Subtitles  or english with The Raid?

MikMaq

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 06:04:52 AM »
Expendables 2 was terrible
X2 it was a bad version of a bad 80's movie.

The first one had novelty and a good bit better story, hey actually tried with it. The second one was just lazy. I'm so sick of this shit about I just want fun. You want muscles on screen to feed your weird little obsession. The 80's movies died because they were shit.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 06:16:42 AM »
The Raid.

The only redeeming factors in E2 was Terry Crews and Van Damme.  And when Van Damme actually pulls off a decent role you know the rest of the actors were crap.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 09:20:03 AM »
Expendables 2

I liked The Raid, but I also felt its promise of the first half didn't pan out in its latter half.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 09:40:11 AM »

RAID SPOILERS:

That scene when he fights the three guys (or was it 4) with the machetes was fucking awesome!!

I agree with one previous posters, I think the first half of the movie was better than the second half.  I'll go against the grain here and say I didn't really go crazy over the fight scene with the two brothers against Mad Dog.  Much preferred the scene when mad dog fights the sergeant! 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 09:42:22 AM »
RAID SPOILERS:

That scene when he fights the three guys (or was it 4) with the machetes was fucking awesome!!

I agree with one previous posters, I think the first half of the movie was better than the second half.  I'll go against the grain here and say I didn't really go crazy over the fight scene with the two brothers against Mad Dog.  Much preferred the scene when mad dog fights the sergeant! 

As well, it starts to bug me when these martial arts warriors go at each other with a full arsenal of moves/attacks and it goes on for minutes. Apparently the strikes, kicks and moves aren't all too deadly. Takes 20 thousand to even begin to slow your adversary.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 09:49:26 AM »
As well, it starts to bug me when these martial arts warriors go at each other with a full arsenal of moves/attacks and it goes on for minutes. Apparently the strikes, kicks and moves aren't all too deadly. Takes 20 thousand to even begin to slow your adversary.

I like a good ass kicking and some fighting.... (Loved "The Protector") but I dunno why that one fight didn't do it for me, the fight between him and the Sergeant just seemed more "real"  I dunno how to explain it.

The movie took a big turn, it started off showing the desperation these guys were in as they were cornered and unable to get out of the building, their boys dying left and right, it was a real sense of lost hope........but then all of a sudden some of the guys just turned into super soldiers fighting 5, 6, 8 guys at one time without a scratch!  Was a big contrast to what was happening earlier!

BTW... the new Judge Dredd movie has a similar premise, Dredd and another cop locked in a building run by a gang and trying to fight their way through!

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 11:18:18 AM »
yea, atleast in Ex2 Van Damme took a pasting from Sly, actually slowed down and looked in pain making it a much more realistic fight than the mad dog one.
as mentioned, why have all those moves that seem to do no damage or cause any pain, that really bugs me.
RAID SPOILERS:

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »
I like a good ass kicking and some fighting.... (Loved "The Protector") but I dunno why that one fight didn't do it for me, the fight between him and the Sergeant just seemed more "real"  I dunno how to explain it.

The movie took a big turn, it started off showing the desperation these guys were in as they were cornered and unable to get out of the building, their boys dying left and right, it was a real sense of lost hope........but then all of a sudden some of the guys just turned into super soldiers fighting 5, 6, 8 guys at one time without a scratch!  Was a big contrast to what was happening earlier!

BTW... the new Judge Dredd movie has a similar premise, Dredd and another cop locked in a building run by a gang and trying to fight their way through!

Agreed!

The Mad Dog vs. Sgt fight was one of the best I can remember seeing in a movie in the last 10-15 years.

I dont really think you can say one of those films was better then the other they both have their high and low points and they are two totally different movies. One is a martial arts action film and the other is a nostalgia action film with guns/tanks and explosions. Its like comparing tea and coffee....Both delicious drinks but in their own seperate way.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 12:09:47 PM »
Agreed!

The Mad Dog vs. Sgt fight was one of the best I can remember seeing in a movie in the last 10-15 years.

I dont really think you can say one of those films was better then the other they both have their high and low points and they are two totally different movies. One is a martial arts action film and the other is a nostalgia action film with guns/tanks and explosions. Its like comparing tea and coffee....Both delicious drinks but in their own seperate way.

Good point right there!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:54 PM »
Expendables 2 was such a shitty movie. So much potential tho.  >:(
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 01:19:58 PM »
Saw both. Expendables was give-the-people-what-they-want, cartoon violence. Enjoyable Saturday afternoon fluff. Raid had a good idea: get into building; get out with baddie. Problem was the plot was a never-ending set of choreographed fights. First 45 mins I thought it was an ace film; the second, I already knew how and where the fight scenes would take place and who would win. Could have been so much better with a few tweaks.