Author Topic: Best come back to the "When are you going to settle down?" type of questions.?  (Read 6225 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
I'm really annoyed by questions like these and people who are asking 'em, and usualy answer in a very subtle/intellectual/reasoned manner, but it seems that it baffles them even more and makes uncomfortable somewhy, so they persist with some other nonsense.. it's really a futile "discussion", I don't believe in "settling down" would be my honest answer, but it would bring a whole lotta other "directions" of possible "discussion" I'm not even remotely interesting participating in.

What would be the best, witty, maybe harsh (shutting up) answer to that one, in your opinion?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Flip answer:  “I’m gay.”

Serious answer: It depends on who is asking and what you think their motives are for asking. Are they just being nosey and rude?  Do they actually care about you?  Why they are asking should determine the kind of answer you give.

I have a relative who used to ask me that when I was younger.  It just so happens that this woman’s husband has cheated on her numerous time and even fathered two other children outside of his marriage.  The last time she asked me when I was going to settle down I asked her, “How many times has your husband cheated on you?  Is that the kind of settling down I should be doing?” 

She has never asked me the "settling down" question ever again. :-*

kh300

• Getbig V
I get asked that shit all the time. I never give a direct answer, just something like...''I am settled down. I've had my motorcycle for 6 years''

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Flip answer:  “I’m gay.”

Serious answer: It depends on who is asking and what you think their motives are for asking. Are they just being nosey and rude?  Do they actually care about you?  Why they are asking should determine the kind of answer you give.

I have a relative who used to ask me that when I was younger.  It just so happens that this woman’s husband has cheated on her numerous time and even fathered two other children outside of his marriage.  The last time she asked me when I was going to settle down I asked her, “How many times has your husband cheated on you?  Is that the kind of settling down I should be doing?” 

She has never asked me the "settling down" question ever again. :-*

Cripes, that's brutal. Would loved to be just standing there as that line was delivered.    ;D

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
BayGBM>I could drop the gay card lol, tho' usualy they are "in the know" that I'm quite the opposite.. And as a rule, people who are asking this are people who are in no position to even try to "teach" me "life" (whatever that means).. So yes, they are being rude and nosey. I guess I'll start going personal way too, they are asking for it.
 Other category are people who pretend "to care" and I don't want to be too harsh on them.. The diplomatic way never works as they are usualy too dumb to get it, some kind of black/stronger humor would be best I guess..

Tho' whoever is asking that, imho it's still rude. It's like "Are you going to make my life choices? Another one from a similar category is "Aren't you afraid you are gonna fuck yourself up with that bodybuilding stuff?" (but it's a lot more simple to answer this one. Usualy - "Are you asking whether I'm afraid to die from it? No, I'm not". Shuts them up like magic.).

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Cripes, that's brutal. Would loved to be just standing there as that line was delivered.    ;D

I wish you could have been there, my friend; it was a wonderfully rich moment; perhaps one of the best ownings I have ever delivered.  She finally had to learn what too many getbiggers have come to know.

HTexan,

You know I have no qualms with you friend, but do you really think it's wise to make an enemy out of Bay?

You know the man is surgical when it comes to executing an owning and will pace himself just right, until he has you where he wants you.

what I learned from this thread is not to mess with baygbm !

;)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Homosexuality=sin

I'm a godless, blasphemious, cynical and nihilistic atheist, doomed to be extincted by god loving christians and muslims, etc.. so I couldn't care less.. Unfortunately I'm still not a homo.. Oh well..

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
I just laugh and say I am.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Ask them why you should have to "settle" for anything.
Y

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
I dont like when as soon as you mention you have dated a girl people assume that your wish is to commit and/or get married ???

"When are you going to tie the knot" = instant nasuea for me

Any good comebacks on that one?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
look them straight in the eye and ask them "are you truly happy?"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
"When I find a woman who can stand my presence for more than 10 consecutive minutes."

After a bit of insincere flattery they usually begin to move along, at which point I say "2 minutes 14 seconds.  You'll never make the cut, sweetheart."

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
I'm really annoyed by questions like these and people who are asking 'em, and usualy answer in a very subtle/intellectual/reasoned manner, but it seems that it baffles them even more and makes uncomfortable somewhy, so they persist with some other nonsense.. it's really a futile "discussion", I don't believe in "settling down" would be my honest answer, but it would bring a whole lotta other "directions" of possible "discussion" I'm not even remotely interesting participating in.

What would be the best, witty, maybe harsh (shutting up) answer to that one, in your opinion?

depends, if you want to fuck that broad, say something like "Im a romantic guy, when I find true love". She will probably suck your dick after that so you only got to fuck her and never call the bitch again.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
What does "settling" down mean to you?  You all are tossing this term around yet not defining it, thus making it rather difficult to adequately provide any sort of answer to your (quandary perhaps?).

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
look them straight in the eye and ask them "are you truly happy?"

Good one!  ;D

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
"When I find a woman who can stand my presence for more than 10 consecutive minutes."

After a bit of insincere flattery they usually begin to move along, at which point I say "2 minutes 14 seconds.  You'll never make the cut, sweetheart."

BayGBM

• Getbig V
A related question is “When are you going to have a baby?” or “Don’t you miss not having kids?”

No.  There was a brief period when I felt like I missed not having kids, but it passed very quickly when I got nieces and nephews.  I think being an uncle is way more fun than being a parent.  I get all the joys having the kids around with none of the headaches.  I can play with them all I want (their parents love having a break) and then give them back.  I can have them for the weekend (or longer) and then give them back.  I can take them shopping and spoil them all I want without having to deal with the consequences of that.  I get all the love from the kids and their parents get to be the bad guys who punish, spank, or put them in timeout.

If I want to give them my time, I can (and they love it) but I don’t have to… and it’s not expected of me.

If I want to spend money on them—a lot or a little—I can (and they love it) but I don’t have to… and no one expects it of me.

If I want to put them in private school or fund their college education, I can, but I don’t have to… and no one expects it of me.

All the fun and none of the headaches of parenting!  Sweet! ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
A related question is “When are you going to have a baby?” or “Don’t you miss not having kids?”

No.  There was a brief period when I felt like I missed not having kids, but it passed very quickly when I got nieces and nephews.  I think being an uncle is way more fun than being a parent.  I get all the joys having the kids around with none of the headaches.  I can play with them all I want (their parents love having a break) and then give them back.  I can have them for the weekend (or longer) and then give them back.  I can take them shopping and spoil them all I want without having to deal with the consequences of that.  I get all the love from the kids and their parents get to be the bad guys who punish, spank, or put them in timeout.

If I want to give them my time, I can (and they love it) but I don’t have to… and it’s not expected of me.

If I want to spend money on them—a lot or a little—I can (and they love it) but I don’t have to… and no one expects it of me.

If I want to put them in private school or fund their college education, I can, but I don’t have to… and no one expects it of me.

All the fun and none of the headaches of parenting!  Sweet! ;D

LOL I wish you were my kids' uncle... I'd send them to you for the weekend so I could get some sleep and they could get some college paid for.
  :)

Their actual uncle = more likely to hit them up for money hahahaha

cephissus

• Getbig V

No.  There was a brief period when I felt like I missed not having kids, but it passed very quickly when I got nieces and nephews.  I think being an uncle is way more fun than being a parent.  I get all the joys having the kids around with none of the headaches.  I can play with them all I want (their parents love having a break) and then give them back.  I can have them for the weekend (or longer) and then give them back.  I can take them shopping and spoil them all I want without having to deal with the consequences of that.  I get all the love from the kids and their parents get to be the bad guys who punish, spank, or put them in timeout.

All the fun and none of the headaches of parenting!  Sweet! ;D

hahaha yes my mom is so jealous of how much my niece likes me, always wondering why.  simple -- i don't try to teach her "good morals" ::)

Rudee

• Getbig V
When somebody old says to me "When are you going to settle down and get married and have kids"?   I reply "When are you going to fall down and break your hip?"

MikMaq

I dont get the settling down bit, but I cant stand the I get the I should have a car, and be done school. When they know full well I took time off to pay for my fucking school and would rather cut my dick off than get in debt. It drives me up the wall because of the people saying this shit are heavily in debt and those that arent have made horrible life decisions like working as a car mechanic.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I dont get the settling down bit, but I cant stand the I get the I should have a car, and be done school. When they know full well I took time off to pay for my fucking school and would rather cut my dick off than get in debt. It drives me up the wall because of the people saying this shit are heavily in debt and those that arent have made horrible life decisions like working as a car mechanic.
How old of a fella are you?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Maybe they like cars and dislike student debt.  Btw, I never met a diesel mechanic in West Aus mining earning less than $100/ hr.  Some guys are on $150.  That's $300k pa.  Still feeling snooty?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
LOL I wish you were my kids' uncle... I'd send them to you for the weekend so I could get some sleep and they could get some college paid for.
  :)

Their actual uncle = more likely to hit them up for money hahahaha

It's not just college; private school tuition hurts too!

Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten (full day)
$19,990

Grades 1-5
$21,220

Grades 6-8
$22,760

Grades 9-12
$24,440

Ouch!

I never have to wake up for a 2am feeding for the baby.  
I never have to change a dirty diaper or even buy a diaper (I hear they can be expensive.  And you can go through 3-5 of them per day sometimes.)
I never have to deal with a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.
I've never been called by the school principal because junior was misbehaving.
I never have to worry about the kids growing out of their clothes and having to buy new ones every year.
I never have to worry about my own parents or other relatives criticizing my parenting skills (I've seen this happen in families a lot!)
If I want to play house with one person for years or sleep with a different ho every night, I can do that without worrying about how it would impact "the kids."

Uncles get all the joys and fun of having kids without any of the headache or limitations.  If I don't want to spend time with the kids, or prefer to leave them behind so I can go clubbing, go on a cruise, or treat myself to some new toy, I can do that without any feelings of guilt or worrying about how I have to secure their future because they are not my responsibility.

;D

MikMaq

How old of a fella are you?
Maybe they like cars and dislike student debt.  Btw, I never met a diesel mechanic in West Aus mining earning less than $100/ hr.  Some guys are on $150.  That's $300k pa.  Still feeling snooty?
Well here he makes about 11.75, and it costs about 20k to do the program including tools etc. So nuts to debt, this aint austrailia mate.