Author Topic: LOL - Akin 44 McCaskill 45 in new Demo Poll  (Read 1592 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
LOL - Akin 44 McCaskill 45 in new Demo Poll
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:05:14 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls

LOL - Obama is going to get mauled.    Romney up by 12 too. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: LOL - Akin 44 McCaskill 45 in new Demo Poll
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
Did this oversample Republicans? The last PPP poll, post-Akin-foot-in-mouth-deal, did by 9.

If it didn't, holy mackerel!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »
Did this oversample Republicans? The last PPP poll, post-Akin-foot-in-mouth-deal, did by 9.

If it didn't, holy mackerel!!!

McWay

do you think he should have withdrawn

I think you said he should have

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 11:59:23 AM »
McWay

I did say he should withdraw, IF Akin can't possibly win or if the GOP can find a replacement who can defeat McCaskill.

If Akin is still in this thing, despite all the brouhaha about his comment, he should stay. Akin's remarks don't stop McCaskill's record from sucking.

And, according to RCP, the Senate race is TIED 46 each, with 8 toss ups.

One race, that many might be overlooking, is the Connecticut one, where former WWE CEO, Linda McMahon, is leading.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/29/nyregion/in-connecticut-attack-ads-chip-away-christopher-murphys-lead-in-senate-race.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
the party will step up with $ for Akin if it's looking like a 50/50 Senate.

If they're gonna win by 3 seats or lose by 3 seats, he ain't getting a cent.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »

Obama is an albatross and going to bring down the entire party w him in flames. 

Linda McMahon doing great in CT. 

Hoekstra in MI has a good chance

Mandel tied in Ohio

Cruz easy victory

etc etc etc 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 12:12:10 PM »

it would be funny if they gave him $'s after they  all so publicly  threw him under the bus

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 12:17:53 PM »
I did say he should withdraw, IF Akin can't possibly win or if the GOP can find a replacement who can defeat McCaskill.

If Akin is still in this thing, despite all the brouhaha about his comment, he should stay. Akin's remarks don't stop McCaskill's record from sucking.

And, according to RCP, the Senate race is TIED 46 each, with 8 toss ups.

One race, that many might be overlooking, is the Connecticut one, where former WWE CEO, Linda McMahon, is leading.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/29/nyregion/in-connecticut-attack-ads-chip-away-christopher-murphys-lead-in-senate-race.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

why did you originally want him to drop out

was it because you had a problem with his ridiculous statement (shared by many other pro life fundies) or because you thought he couldn't win?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »

was it because you had a problem with his ridiculous statement (shared by many other pro life fundies) or because you thought he couldn't win?

Because he is a moron.   But Fat Ass Claire is so bad that a moron beats a person who voted for ObamaCare. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
Because he is a moron.   But Fat Ass Claire is so bad that a moron beats a person who voted for ObamaCare. 

how about you let McWay answer questions that I've asked him

btw - you're pretty much that last person on the planet who should be calling anyone a moron

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 12:24:21 PM »

I wanted him to drop out, because the Senate seat was at stake. His statement was dumb. But, I get what he's trying to do, save unborn babies.

I'd take him, warts and all, over McCaskill if I were a Missouri resident.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 12:28:39 PM »
I wanted him to drop out, because the Senate seat was at stake. His statement was dumb. But, I get what he's trying to do, save unborn babies.

I'd take him, warts and all, over McCaskill if I were a Missouri resident.

so you wanted him gone not because you objected to what he said but only because you saw it as making him a weaker candidate ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 12:29:43 PM »
so you wanted him gone not because you objected to what he said but only because you saw it as making him a weaker candidate ?

Remember Torricelli and Lautenberg in NJ? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »

I believe I said his statement was dumb. I don't say that about things with which I agree. That again doesn't stop McCaskill's record from sucking.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »
I believe I said his statement was dumb. I don't say that about things with which I agree. That again doesn't stop McCaskill's record from sucking.

I know but Politiicians say dumb stuff all the time, especially when they are talking about abortion

why through this guy under the bus for one dumb statement

And let's not forget that he did apologize

Isn't "forgiveness" one of the basic tenets of yours and Akins religious belief

From the beginning you had other fundies like Huckabee supporting this guy when the rest of the party IMMEDIATELY tried to force him to quit

I just don't get how fundies can't forgive a guy for saying something that many of them no doubt believed at the time Akin said it and instead immediately moved to bump him out for perceived political expediency

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 12:54:13 PM »
it would be funny if they gave him $'s after they  all so publicly  threw him under the bus

if it means control of the senate, they will.   It'll just be a nice check from some anonymous superPAC... no repub is going to say "i just sent 100,000 to that Akin dude".   But control of the Senate is what they care about. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »
I know but Politiicians say dumb stuff all the time, especially when they are talking about abortion

why through this guy under the bus for one dumb statement

And let's not forget that he did apologize

Isn't "forgiveness" one of the basic tenets of yours and Akins religious belief

From the beginning you had other fundies like Huckabee supporting this guy when the rest of the party IMMEDIATELY tried to force him to quit

I just don't get how fundies can't forgive a guy for saying something that many of them no doubt believed at the time Akin said it and instead immediately moved to bump him out for perceived political expediency

One, the word is "throw", as in "throw this guy under the bus".

Two, who said that the "fundies" didn't forgive him? There are plenty who did, besides Huckabee. Tony Perkins, of the Family Reserach Council, is trying to raise money to help his campaign so he can stay in the race.

And, if this poll is accurate, it appears many of the voters in Missouri have forgiven Akin as well. Notwithstanding that forgiveness doesn't equate to continued support of his campaign, 53% of voters and 77% of Republicans have accepted his apology. Plus, Akin didn't have a whole lot of "establishment" GOP support in the first place (I pointed that out in a story I linked a week or two ago).

If Akin survives this and defeats McCaskill, it's a testament to how pathetic her tenure was.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »
One, the word is "throw", as in "throw this guy under the bus".

Two, who said that the "fundies" didn't forgive him? There are plenty who did, besides Huckabee. Tony Perkins, of the Family Reserach Council, is trying to raise money to help his campaign so he can stay in the race.

And, if this poll is accurate, it appears many of the voters in Missouri have forgiven Akin as well. Notwithstanding that forgiveness doesn't equate to continued support of his campaign, 53% of voters and 77% of Republicans have accepted his apology. Plus, Akin didn't have a whole lot of "establishment" GOP support in the first place (I pointed that out in a story I linked a week or two ago).

If Akin survives this and defeats McCaskill, it's a testament to how pathetic her tenure was.

I type fast and often don't go back and proof read

do you want to play the typo sheriff now?

All I saw you you and most other fundies IMMEDIATELY move to get rid of this guy for one dumb statement (again - a statement which no doubt many of you fundie and perhaps even yourself agree with)

How about standing by a guy who shares your beliefs instead of immediately trying to get him to walk the plank

Huckabee stood by him and so did other fundies

They didn't condone his statement (at least not in public) but they stood by him unlike people such as yourself

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
This is crazy. I did not expect this at all.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »
As all of you know I think Polls are horseshit, but if by some miracle this accurate, McCaskill must really suck ass
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »
I type fast and often don't go back and proof read

do you want to play the typo sheriff now?

All I saw you you and most other fundies IMMEDIATELY move to get rid of this guy for one dumb statement (again - a statement which no doubt many of you fundie and perhaps even yourself agree with)

How about standing by a guy who shares your beliefs instead of immediately trying to get him to walk the plank

Huckabee stood by him and so did other fundies

They didn't condone his statement (at least not in public) but they stood by him unlike people such as yourself

Try getting some glasses. I told you exactly what my feelings were on the matter, regarding whether Akin should stay or go. You may recall 333386 and I were in a spirited discussion about it, with him wanting Akin gone yesterday while I was hesitant about the matter.

At no time did I "immediately" try to get him to walk the plank.  In fact, one of my statements was, Loon or not, he's still in the race. If he can still beat McCaskill and the voters still want him, then the GOP may as well quit their grandstanding and get behind the guy.

Why are you playing this foolish game, trying to depict me as someone who wanted Akin scrapped like yesterday's garbage?

Either you have a short memory, or you're lying through your teeth.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 01:09:07 PM »
As all of you know I think Polls are horseshit, but if by some miracle this accurate, McCaskill must really suck ass

McCaskill was losing prior to Akins stupid statement

Akin has apologized and admitted he was misinformed so maybe the voters in MO took him at his word and decided to not make their decision based on one stupid statement.

The part that is probably confusing Republican is that Akins actually admitted he was wrong.     Usually when Repubs say something dumb they refuse to admit it and double down.    Maybe Repubs are realiziing that it's better to be honest when you fuck up rather than insulting everyones intelligence by pretending you didn't do anything wrong

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »
McCaskill was losing prior to Akins stupid statement

Akin has apologized and admitted he was misinformed so maybe the voters in MO took him at his word and decided to not make their decision based on one stupid statement.

The part that is probably confusing Republican is that Akins actually admitted he was wrong.     Usually when Repubs say something dumb they refuse to admit it and double down.    Maybe Repubs are realiziing that it's better to be honest when you fuck up rather than insulting everyones intelligence by pretending you didn't do anything wrong

Why is everything post aimed at Reps, as if Dems never refuse to admit they are wrong or lied. Shit Bill Clinton is prime example.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »
Try getting some glasses. I told you exactly what my feeling were on the matter, regarding whether Akin should stay or go. You may recall 333386 and I were in a spirited discussion about it, with him wanting Akin gone yesterday while I was hesitant about the matter.

At no time did I "immediately" try to get him to walk the plank.  Why are you playing this foolish game, trying to depict me as someone who wanted Akin scrapped like yesterday's garbage?

Either you have a short memory, or you're lying through your teeth.

as you might understand, I have not committed every single one of your posts to memory

if your ability to recall information went back at least an  hour or so you might remember that I said I "think" you wanted him to drop out

McWay

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 01:18:53 PM »
as you might understand, I have not committed every single one of your posts to memory

if your ability to recall information went back at least an  hour or so you might remember that I said I "think" you wanted him to drop out

That's not the problem. The problem is your assertion that I wanted Akin to "immediately walk the plank". No statement I made reflected that sentiment.