Author Topic: Did RNC "Scripted" Rules Change Start A Civil War In The Republican Party?  (Read 6325 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Did RNC "Scripted" Rules Change Start A Civil War In The Republican Party?
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 03:36:30 AM »
The GOP is a disgrace.

Seriously they make the dem look like Saints.

Screwing the american people and their representives.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 07:28:01 AM »
The GOP lost my vote this year with this bullshit, I was going to suck it up and vote Romney, now I'm going to write in "Rob".
Seriously. And this isn't about Ron Paul, this is about the establishment thinking it can do whatever the fuck it wants to get its way. Im sure the GOP will lose many other votes with this bullshit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 07:33:22 AM »
I'm looking fwd to listening to Rush tomorrow.  I hope this issue doesn't just disappear in the week of trashing the DNC then job numbers.

Repubs have just ended another Ron paul or reagan kind of run.  There can't be a Rand Paul in 2016 or 2020... UNLESS the party rulemakers allow it.  RPaul has 7 states, and the rules only required 5.  SO the GOP made the bus circle the building while they changed the rules to 8, did a sham vote on it (with the results in the teleprompter BEFORE the vote takes place).

I think it'll be "anybody but obama" in the election for most - but those really pissed ron paul fans are the ones who would typically be the most active on election day.  PASSION in your supporters is something you want.  the GOP crushed a lot of their spirits by not letting ron paul have a moment in the sun to be recognized for all he did in 2012 race.   

Ron Paul's fans did not show up for him in the primaries, they mostly scream in the internet and stay home on the couch while trashing the GOP and really don't give a damn if Obama gets four more years and have no say whatsoever in ther party.

dumb dumb dumb dumb are the ron paul fanatics. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 07:57:08 AM »
Ron Paul's fans did not show up for him in the primaries, they mostly scream in the internet and stay home on the couch while trashing the GOP and really don't give a damn if Obama gets four more years and have no say whatsoever in ther party.

dumb dumb dumb dumb are the ron paul fanatics. 

that's not the point.  The point is that ron paul DID meet the rule requirement of 5 states.  He had 7.

So they changed it to 8.  On the spot.  While the man who could have prevented this was held on a bus circling the place until it was over.

You don't see that as some shady shit, suppressing the voice of the true conservatives of the party?  Cause anyone who is play with it now should be okay with it, should Jeb Bush use it to shut down Rubio, Christie, or anyone else in 2016 or 2020.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 08:02:54 AM »
that's not the point.  The point is that ron paul DID meet the rule requirement of 5 states.  He had 7.

So they changed it to 8.  On the spot.  While the man who could have prevented this was held on a bus circling the place until it was over.

You don't see that as some shady shit, suppressing the voice of the true conservatives of the party?  Cause anyone who is play with it now should be okay with it, should Jeb Bush use it to shut down Rubio, Christie, or anyone else in 2016 or 2020.

Yes it was shady shit and I don't like it one bit. 

I know what they were trying to do and am somewhat sympathetic since Ron Paul's fanatics were threatening to take over the convention and turn it into a complete fiasco all while Ron paul himself would not even commit to voting for the GOP nominee regardless of who was picked. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »
Yes it was shady shit and I don't like it one bit. 

I know what they were trying to do and am somewhat sympathetic since Ron Paul's fanatics were threatening to take over the convention and turn it into a complete fiasco all while Ron paul himself would not even commit to voting for the GOP nominee regardless of who was picked. 

They set a really bad precedent though.

If it's close in 2020... and you have a 'start 3 wars' Jeb against a tea party Rubio... and "the Party" prefers Jeb, they can change it from 8, to 12, or 18, or 22 states.

They can do it on the fly.  That is scary.  Did you watch the video I posted?  Very pro-tea party clip... but it shows John Boehnner reading the results of the vote from a prompter - before the crowd voted.  The "Nays" were louder on the cell phone clips, you'll notice.  But he read "The Ayes have it" beceuase it was already decided.

I know, in the name of unity, many will say "it's cool, it's only Ron Paul"... But when Jeb or some establishment dude does this, and squashes a Christie, Rubio, or a Rand Paul next time... allowing this precedent will bite repubs in the butt.  That's all I'm saying.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »
I'm not disagreeing, but I don't remember a situation like this to where someone who came in last was on the verge of causing such a fiasco in prime time and not even saying he will vote for the ticket when he ran in the GOP primary! 

Ron Paul really has only himself to blame and I am not really sympathetic anymore as I once was.  Yes, this was slimy bs.  Yes it makes me sick.

But if I were running shit and had someone who came in last and was trying to cause such a mess I probably would have done the same thing. 

They set a really bad precedent though.

If it's close in 2020... and you have a 'start 3 wars' Jeb against a tea party Rubio... and "the Party" prefers Jeb, they can change it from 8, to 12, or 18, or 22 states.

They can do it on the fly.  That is scary.  Did you watch the video I posted?  Very pro-tea party clip... but it shows John Boehnner reading the results of the vote from a prompter - before the crowd voted.  The "Nays" were louder on the cell phone clips, you'll notice.  But he read "The Ayes have it" beceuase it was already decided.

I know, in the name of unity, many will say "it's cool, it's only Ron Paul"... But when Jeb or some establishment dude does this, and squashes a Christie, Rubio, or a Rand Paul next time... allowing this precedent will bite repubs in the butt.  That's all I'm saying.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »
Go fuck yourself 333...

Dont ever come and complain about Obama taking away your "rights" again.

You have eaten the republican dick all the way now.

You are now a full-blood Neocon as i have claimed so many times.

Obama is a libertarian compared to you. You are now everything you hate. Congrats

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 08:31:35 AM »
Go fuck yourself 333...

Dont ever come and complain about Obama taking away your "rights" again.

You have eaten the republican dick all the way now.

You are now a full-blood Neocon as i have claimed so many times.

Obama is a libertarian compared to you. You are now everything you hate. Congrats

http://www.usdebtclock.org

Debt to reach 16 Trillion as Obama tyakes stage. 

More Obama debt in 3 years than 8 years of Bush. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 12:23:48 PM »
The GOP lost my vote this year with this bullshit, I was going to suck it up and vote Romney, now I'm going to write in "Rob".
Seriously. And this isn't about Ron Paul, this is about the establishment thinking it can do whatever the fuck it wants to get its way. Im sure the GOP will lose many other votes with this bullshit.

I'm wondering if I should just sit this one out as well?  It's absolutely sicking...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 02:44:03 AM »
http://www.usdebtclock.org

Debt to reach 16 Trillion as Obama tyakes stage. 

More Obama debt in 3 years than 8 years of Bush. 

Haha nice try to change the topic.

You sold out and all you can is post some Obama shit.

What are you gonna do when he is gone?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »
Haha nice try to change the topic.

You sold out and all you can is post some Obama shit.

What are you gonna do when he is gone?

STFU troll.  I am ABO.   Thug must be ousted

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 05:28:50 AM »
But if I were running shit and had someone who came in last and was trying to cause such a mess I probably would have done the same thing.  

The GOP let Eastwood upstage Romney with a really mixed up rant that was mocked and actually ignored by the GOP on video.   So they clearly have no problem allowing high profile distractions.

Ron Paul... All his supporters (most of them) wanted was to let the nation know the RP message.  
They knew he wasn't going to win the nomination.  Just let them hav 5 minutes to talk about their anti-spending campaign, and recognize all their hard work to reach that point with the 7 states - that's quite impressive.  We already know Mitt may bring new confidence and some changes, but we can all admit he's not going to slash spending dude.  He's a big govt republican.  

GOP destroyed Rand, Rubio, Christie, and whoever else in 2016 or 2020.   At this point, you pick the lukewarm frontrunner for next time, THAT is the guy you'll get.  Primary won't matter.  Let Huntsmann or whoever outspend ppl for 3 states and it's over.  

Leaving the dude on the bus?  Putting the vote results on a teleprompter before they were taken?  Those weren't ron paul mistakes - those were GOP being not of/for the people, but rather quietly managing the people for the message they wanted.

Not good to bash the base.  if they don't turn out in november to vote - now we can point at this convention and say this is why :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 05:34:22 AM »
Most were not voting anyway       I dont oike it.    But the big picture is what matters

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 05:38:10 AM »
Most were not voting anyway       I dont oike it.    But the big picture is what matters

Most of the far-right conservatives that worked tirelessly to get ron paul elected, who fought to attend the convention, and fought to have their message heard - MOST of them were not voting anyway?

I think they'd be MORE likely to vote in 2012 - they obviously care a lot about the political process. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 05:40:38 AM »
Most of the far-right conservatives that worked tirelessly to get ron paul elected, who fought to attend the convention, and fought to have their message heard - MOST of them were not voting anyway?

I think they'd be MORE likely to vote in 2012 - they obviously care a lot about the political process. 

They were there to up end the convention   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 05:46:01 AM »
They were there to up end the convention   

and romney could have used their passion.

imagine him walking into the RP supporters with a mic, embracing ron paul, and saying 'listen, i'm gonna make this man the chairman of the fed if I'm elected"...

WOW, they'd be sending money bombs, they'd be throwing tomatoes at joe biden, they'd be working tirelessly to get romney elected as we speak.   

instead, he let Boehnner punk them.  I guess we'll see if it affect the election, but remember - 18% of 2004 GOP voters stayed home in 2008... that means 1 in 6 repub voters will just not bother if they're pissed or annoyed.   Dissing these ppl might end up being a big deal if people stay home.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2012, 06:16:49 AM »

imagine him walking into the RP supporters with a mic, embracing ron paul, and saying 'listen, i'm gonna make this man the chairman of the fed if I'm elected"...

WOW, they'd be sending money bombs, they'd be throwing tomatoes at joe biden, they'd be working tirelessly to get romney elected as we speak.   

instead, he let Boehnner punk them.  I guess we'll see if it affect the election, but remember - 18% of 2004 GOP voters stayed home in 2008... that means 1 in 6 repub voters will just not bother if they're pissed or annoyed.   Dissing these ppl might end up being a big deal if people stay home.

I would vote Romney if that happened. Fucking awesome

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:16 AM »
I agree.  I am disgusted all around by how this was handled. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 02:46:42 AM »
I agree.  I am disgusted all around by how this was handled. 

Thank you