Author Topic: I Side With LA Fitness - don't slam the weights!  (Read 13037 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: I Side With LA Fitness
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
So how's a man to put down heavy dumbbells after incline or shoulder presses? A person might be able to press the dumbbells but not neatly place them on the floor like 20lbs dumbbells; does that really mean they are "too heavy"?

this...

once the guy isnt tossing them...
after going to failure with heavy dumbells sometimes thew will drop

choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 04:04:15 PM »
Shoulder press and inclines are easy to set down, flat is more difficult.
This...
choice is an illusion

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »
Great video!
a

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »
well, if you're repping with 200lbs dumbbells and you just barely completed your 12 reps, I'm not sure if you'll be able to quietly put the weight down. I just have a problem with those pissant Gym rats looking for attention....those are the ones I wanna strangle and kick out of the Gym

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »
It's these clowns that want attention who throw the weights , notice they will look around after they do it looking to see who is watching  :-\

LOL yeah sometimes they barely even move their head but you can still seem them looking around thru the sides of their eyes

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
well, if you're repping with 200lbs dumbbells and you just barely completed your 12 reps, I'm not sure if you'll be able to quietly put the weight down. I just have a problem with those pissant Gym rats looking for attention....those are the ones I wanna strangle and kick out of the Gym

;D ;D ;D ;D

most gym fools dont do dumbell presses anyway the bench so their friends can pull the bar off their chest
now if one dops dumbells after curls... thats a diff thing IMO
choice is an illusion

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D

most gym fools dont do dumbell presses anyway the bench so their friends can pull the bar off their chest
now if one dops dumbells after curls... thats a diff thing IMO

How about dropping a 100+ lb dumbbell right after doing a set of standing 2 handed tricep extensions?   ???

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »
How about dropping a 100+ lb dumbbell right after doing a set of standing 2 handed tricep extensions?   ???

I'm not a monster, but I can maneuver that amount of weight on seated overhead extensions without dropping it. Shift it to your shoulder, then to your knee, then to the floor. Same with dumbbell bench, I roll forward a bit and use momentum to put them vertically on my legs, then stand up. If you have to drop the weight in a deadlift, or bounce it off the ground to gain momentum, you're just ego lifting.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 04:44:13 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

why would you do that standing, back not supported..
choice is an illusion

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 06:41:18 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

why would you do that standing, back not supported..

I don't know but it'd be a helluva show when he dropped that big sumbitch!! 8)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:12 PM »
I don't know but it'd be a helluva show when he dropped that big sumbitch!! 8)

;D
choice is an illusion

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 12:02:38 AM »
These are the same kind of idiots that will load up 8 plates a side on the leg press machine.  Slap the plates on forcefully so as to get attention, then proceed to leg press with a rage of motion of about 6 inches.  Then immediately jump off the leg press and walk to the water fountain, looking at themselves in the mirror the entire way, then back again for another half ass set.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 05:18:07 AM »
I understand not dropping or throwing dumbbells after a set. How do you put a barbell down gently doing deadlifts? Put 405 on the bar and do some reps. Can you really quietly put the bar down for every rep?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 05:55:42 AM »
With Cleans, you can lower them less noisily if you break them on your thigh first-

That being said, if you're going to allow deadlifts and other big lifts, you'll have noise. They should have a platform or two set up.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 06:21:38 AM »
When your my size which isn`t big, and inclining the 100`s, try putting them down easy.

I lower them as close to the ground as possible, and drop them................no gym is gonna` pay for my shoulder surgery.

Oh yeah,gay thread reported!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 07:25:36 AM »
When your my size which isn`t big, and inclining the 100`s, try putting them down easy.

I lower them as close to the ground as possible, and drop them................no gym is gonna` pay for my shoulder surgery.

Bring them to your chest, turn them, set them on your thighs and stand up. Easy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 08:09:48 AM »
It's these clowns that want attention who throw the weights , notice they will look around after they do it looking to see who is watching  :-\
Bingo! No different then playing the car stereo full blast with all the WINDOWS OPEN.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 01:05:29 PM »
LA Fitness is for fags. Hope this helps.
Aint nothing wrong with LA FITNESS, Your comparing it too Planet fitness. Id rather go to these kinds of gyms simply because they have more Equipment/machine options and having that makes you able to change up your routine. Yes, alot of bodybuilding douchebags tend to flock to these kinds of gyms to " mark thier territory "/show others that they can " lift heavy " and are " hardcore ", but i think weve all done that.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2012, 01:17:52 PM »
all of you are queers

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »
Aint nothing wrong with LA FITNESS, Your comparing it too Planet fitness. Id rather go to these kinds of gyms simply because they have more Equipment/machine options and having that makes you able to change up your routine. Yes, alot of bodybuilding douchebags tend to flock to these kinds of gyms to " mark thier territory "/show others that they can " lift heavy " and are " hardcore ", but i think weve all done that.

I was actually thinking about Planet. I've worked out in a few. Never again.

I've never been to an LA Fitness.

Regardless, there's going to be some noise when lifting heavy weights. If the gym can't deal with it, time to find another gym ... in my opinion.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 11:56:16 PM »
Anyone that hasn't slammed/dropped weights has never lifted heavy. Plain & simple.

You can't bench 100+ dumbells & gently let them back on the floor. Or deadlift over 3 plates a side without making noise.

What the fuck is it with people now a days?

Those are the normal sounds you should hear in the gym! Iron plates being slapped around...

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 12:00:46 AM »
Anyone that hasn't slammed/dropped weights has never lifted heavy. Plain & simple.

You can't bench 100+ dumbells & gently let them back on the floor. Or deadlift over 3 plates a side without making noise.

What the fuck is it with people now a days?

Those are the normal sounds you should hear in the gym! Iron plates being slapped around...

exactly. at some point you will make noise training heavy. you just need to keep it to a normal level and not act like a douche

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2012, 12:09:52 AM »

True, but you're also smart enough to not show up at a fluff gym and start throwing weights around or joining and trying to change the rules. This fool in the video not only needs to go on a diet but most likely needs a shrink and stop listening to Layne Norton who is such an attention whore, ripped his shirt off inside a church and started flexing. True story :-\

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2012, 02:57:03 AM »
Bring them to your chest, turn them, set them on your thighs and stand up. Easy.
Dude,combined weight is far more than I weigh.

Tried your suggestion before though,just couldn`t handle it.................too heavy though when I`m pressing my form is impeccable,all the way up and all the way down.

I also clean the 100`s,while simultaneously flopping back on the bench hoping that I land squarely,if not I`m fucked.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2012, 02:57:52 AM »
True, but you're also smart enough to not show up at a fluff gym and start throwing weights around or joining and trying to change the rules. This fool in the video not only needs to go on a diet but most likely needs a shrink and stop listening to Layne Norton who is such an attention whore, ripped his shirt off inside a church and started flexing. True story :-\
I hear ya` bud.......that is nutz!!