Author Topic: Stephen King's message to Mitt Romney  (Read 3462 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Stephen King's message to Mitt Romney
« on: September 02, 2012, 06:05:41 AM »
What charitable 1 percenters can’t do is assume responsibility—America’s national responsibilities: the care of its sick and its poor, the education of its young, the repair of its failing infrastructure, the repayment of its staggering war debts. Charity from the rich can’t fix global warming or lower the price of gasoline by one single red penny. That kind of salvation does not come from Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Ballmer saying, “OK, I’ll write a $2 million bonus check to the IRS.” That annoying responsibility stuff comes from three words that are anathema to the Tea Partiers: United American citizenry.

---

I guess some of this mad right-wing love comes from the idea that in America, anyone can become a Rich Guy if he just works hard and saves his pennies. Mitt Romney has said, in effect, “I’m rich and I don’t apologize for it.” Nobody wants you to, Mitt. What some of us want—those who aren’t blinded by a lot of bullshit persiflage thrown up to mask the idea that rich folks want to keep their damn money—is for you to acknowledge that you couldn’t have made it in America without America. That you were fortunate enough to be born in a country where upward mobility is possible (a subject upon which Barack Obama can speak with the authority of experience), but where the channels making such upward mobility possible are being increasingly clogged. That it’s not fair to ask the middle class to assume a disproportionate amount of the tax burden. Not fair? It’s un-fucking-American is what it is. I don’t want you to apologize for being rich; I want you to acknowledge that in America, we all should have to pay our fair share. That our civics classes never taught us that being American means that—sorry, kiddies—you’re on your own. That those who have received much must be obligated to pay—not to give, not to “cut a check and shut up,” in Governor Christie’s words, but to pay—in the same proportion. That’s called stepping up and not whining about it. That’s called patriotism, a word the Tea Partiers love to throw around as long as it doesn’t cost their beloved rich folks any money.

more-

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/30/stephen-king-tax-me-for-f-s-sake.html

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Stephen King's message to Mitt Romney
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 06:56:48 AM »
And what exactly are your thoughts on this? I propose a new guideline for the board, you have to post a comment on cut and pasted articles, links or the thread gets removed
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 07:08:39 AM »
And what exactly are your thoughts on this? I propose a new guideline for the board, you have to post a comment on cut and pasted articles, links or the thread gets removed

really, who cares what the fu#k you think  ;D

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 07:12:19 AM »
really, who cares what the fu#k you think  ;D

So basically your a mindless retard who can do a google search and cut and paste shit, yet has no idea what any of it means. Well done, weeeelllll done.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 07:18:35 AM »
so your telling me you don't know what king was saying and you need someone to explain it to you :D :D :D :D who's the  mindless retard

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 07:20:52 AM »
so your telling me you don't know what king was saying and you need someone to explain it to you :D :D :D :D who's the  mindless retard

I know exactly what he is saying. The question is do you? You post some long tirade, and since you seem to agree, you know about as much as King does when it comes to income tax.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 07:25:54 AM »
I know exactly what he is saying. The question is do you? You post some long tirade, and since you seem to agree, you know about as much as King does when it comes to income tax.

yeah ,yeah we all know your the smartest guy on getbig and your never wrong,we all notice this on all your post :D :D       

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »

I like your proposal...makes sense to me..but the real problem with the board is that guys like you, 3333, Fury, tommy, Dario, etc DO NOT ADMIT WHEN YOU ARE WRONG OR ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE OTHER GUY HAS A BETTER POINT THAN YOU DO......this means debates just go on and on and then everyone gets frustrated and the debate descends into name-calling.......I am not flaming you...I think you have a good idea...

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 07:28:08 AM »

yeah ,yeah we all know your the smartest guy on getbig and your never wrong,we all notice this on all your post :D :D       

Then please debate the merits of Kings argument. Don't bitch out and post stupid Simpsons cartoons. Dazzle me with the importance of increasing INCOME TAX on the rich
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 07:29:41 AM »
I like your proposal...makes sense to me..but the real problem with the board is that guys like you, 3333, Fury, tommy, Dario, etc DO NOT ADMIT WHEN YOU ARE WRONG OR ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE OTHER GUY HAS A BETTER POINT THAN YOU DO......this means debates just go on and on and then everyone gets frustrated and the debate descends into name-calling.......I am not flaming you...I think you have a good idea...
not true at all, I do admit when Im wrong.

Problem is its just never in relation to your idiot ass!!!

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 08:01:41 AM »

The point is stop the "drive by posting", you have to admit most of the stuff posted on here is only posted to get a reaction. Plus I'm tired of having the sift through a bunch of BS to get to something with some actual substance.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 08:06:15 AM »

Suck dick, you urine drinking, crack baby.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 08:30:17 AM »
The point is stop the "drive by posting", you have to admit most of the stuff posted on here is only posted to get a reaction. Plus I'm tired of having the sift through a bunch of BS to get to something with some actual substance.

the problem with you and your kind is that the things you call actual substance is just the shit you agree with,all your post are, i'm right your wrong, do you see why people don't even want to respond to you.let's put it in plain english,your a douchebag  ;D

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 08:40:20 AM »
the problem with you and your kind is that the things you call actual substance is just the shit you agree with,all your post are, i'm right your wrong, do you see why people don't even want to respond to you.let's put it in plain english,your a douchebag  ;D

So you have no clue what King is talking about? The next logical thing is for you to try and label me and call names, typical. Now if you are as much of a bad ass as your internet personality, feel free to look me up next time your in the Chicago land area
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 08:48:19 AM »
So you have no clue what King is talking about? The next logical thing is for you to try and label me and call names, typical. Now if you are as much of a bad ass as your internet personality, feel free to look me up next time your in the Chicago land area

:'( :'( don't hate me for calling you out on what you are,  ;Di'm not the only one who sees  it,calling me a bad ass then posting this "feel free to look me up next time your in the Chicago land area"  :D :D :D :D :D :D priceless

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 08:50:14 AM »
Suck dick, you urine drinking, crack baby.

sigh.................... ........................ ...................... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)..this is what I'm talking about...thanks for being dumb enough for falling into the trap and proving my point about you yet again

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »
What charitable 1 percenters can’t do is assume responsibility—America’s national responsibilities: the care of its sick and its poor, the education of its young, the repair of its failing infrastructure, the repayment of its staggering war debts. Charity from the rich can’t fix global warming or lower the price of gasoline by one single red penny. That kind of salvation does not come from Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Ballmer saying, “OK, I’ll write a $2 million bonus check to the IRS.” That annoying responsibility stuff comes from three words that are anathema to the Tea Partiers: United American citizenry.

---

I guess some of this mad right-wing love comes from the idea that in America, anyone can become a Rich Guy if he just works hard and saves his pennies. Mitt Romney has said, in effect, “I’m rich and I don’t apologize for it.” Nobody wants you to, Mitt. What some of us want—those who aren’t blinded by a lot of bullshit persiflage thrown up to mask the idea that rich folks want to keep their damn money—is for you to acknowledge that you couldn’t have made it in America without America. That you were fortunate enough to be born in a country where upward mobility is possible (a subject upon which Barack Obama can speak with the authority of experience), but where the channels making such upward mobility possible are being increasingly clogged. That it’s not fair to ask the middle class to assume a disproportionate amount of the tax burden. Not fair? It’s un-fucking-American is what it is. I don’t want you to apologize for being rich; I want you to acknowledge that in America, we all should have to pay our fair share. That our civics classes never taught us that being American means that—sorry, kiddies—you’re on your own. That those who have received much must be obligated to pay—not to give, not to “cut a check and shut up,” in Governor Christie’s words, but to pay—in the same proportion. That’s called stepping up and not whining about it. That’s called patriotism, a word the Tea Partiers love to throw around as long as it doesn’t cost their beloved rich folks any money.

more-

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/30/stephen-king-tax-me-for-f-s-sake.html

And what's stopping him from cutting extra checks to the IRS again?

If King wants to "step up", he should lead by example and start scratching checks to the IRS, WITHOUT waiting for a tax law to do so. When Tea Party folks want to give or donate, they don't wait for politicians; THEY DO IT THEMSELVES.

Liberals always talk about how much they're willing to pay their fair share. Yet, the $$$ hardly leave their accounts. Are we really supposed to think that King is just DYING to pay more in taxes but he can't because of the current tax laws on the books?

Do those EEEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIILLLLL L Republicans keep sending back King's checks that he can't seem to give to Uncle Sam fast enough, saying "No, thanks!!!"?

Well, France wants to tax the rich, to the tune of 75%. Will Smith turn cold on that one. Maybe King ought to relocate.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 12:06:53 PM »
:'( :'( don't hate me for calling you out on what you are,  ;Di'm not the only one who sees  it,calling me a bad ass then posting this "feel free to look me up next time your in the Chicago land area"  :D :D :D :D :D :D priceless

OK if that's the route you want to go, fuck you, you brain dead left wing retard. If an original though popped into your head you would have an aneurysm and expire. Your understanding of finances and tax system isn't even rudimentary. What you posted by King shows he has about as much sense as you - none. Your so fucking stupid you make a pile of shit look like a higher life form. Whats priceless is your a turd who's self worth is so low you have to pretend to be a tuff guy on the internet. Your an oxygen thief, contribute to stopping global warming and stop breathing.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 12:24:50 PM »
not true at all, I do admit when Im wrong.

Problem is its just never in relation to your idiot ass!!!
LOL, you don't admit when you're wrong.  You admitting you're wrong goes like this: Tony: "Agreed" then you proceed to explain how you don't really agree...  ;D  It's odd, but you do it every time ;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »
OK if that's the route you want to go, fuck you, you brain dead left wing retard. If an original though popped into your head you would have an aneurysm and expire. Your understanding of finances and tax system isn't even rudimentary. What you posted by King shows he has about as much sense as you - none. Your so fucking stupid you make a pile of shit look like a higher life form. Whats priceless is your a turd who's self worth is so low you have to pretend to be a tuff guy on the internet. Your an oxygen thief, contribute to stopping global warming and stop breathing.

:D :D :D meltdown  i guess you do hate me for calling you out for what you are  :D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
LOL, you don't admit when you're wrong.  You admitting you're wrong goes like this: Tony: "Agreed" then you proceed to explain how you don't really agree...  ;D  It's odd, but you do it every time ;D

thank you

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
:D :D :D meltdown  i guess you do hate me for calling you out for what you are  :D

Yeah meltdown ::) You can't back up anything you post, hell most of it you have no idea what it means. But keep posting a bunch of stupid shit surrounded by  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stay classy............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »
sure looks like a meltdown to me ;D but your always right so it must not have been  :D

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »
sure looks like a meltdown to me ;D but your always right so it must not have been  :D

That is not possible, the only way you could determine if it was a meltdown is if it was posted on the dailykos or some other website that forms all your opinions.

And as far as me being right, yep

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 05:59:42 PM »
That is not possible, the only way you could determine if it was a meltdown is if it was posted on the dailykos or some other website that forms all your opinions.

And as far as me being right, yep

not the best pic to post in reply considering what happens next in the scene.